Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

3 hours ago, Weightlossjourney said:

I'm still having spasms as well.

Spasms like how? I don't understand. Sometimes with my band if I have something halfway stuck I get a feeling kinda like a cold chill. Is it like that?

Hi guys,

So at survey day (8/31) I was 294. I am at 263, down 31 lbs. This seems really slow. Anyone else have similar concerns? My body has changed and I am down 2 pants sizes, but am feeling discouraged.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just checking in. Surgery was August 25. I was 202 at surgery, now 174. It's been slow going. Im on solid foods now, and working out, hoping to kick up the weight loss. I'd love to get rid of my tummy pooch! I hate it!!

Anyway, I'm doing good, hope the rest of you are too!

My surgery was 8/23 and I’m down 41 lbs from 246.6 to 205. I also feel like it’s going to slow. I’m going to reach out to my dietician to see if I’m doing anything wrong. I work out hard 5x a week so some of the fat has been replaced by muscle but 41 lbs in 3 months seems so slow.

ED9447BA-B13C-43C2-87D5-C6DF6658DB00.jpg
Was sleeved on august 18 and I'm down 55 pounds! I've never felt so good! It's so crazy how your body feels and how much confidence u gain within yourself! I'm so glad I made this lifestyle change and anyone who struggles with weight loss I definitely tell them to consider this surgery!

IMG_4156.JPG 10/31 Down 75# since 8/9/17

Edited by lindabalseca
forgot comment

5 minutes ago, torriqurll said:

ED9447BA-B13C-43C2-87D5-C6DF6658DB00.jpg
Was sleeved on august 18 and I'm down 55 pounds! I've never felt so good! It's so crazy how your body feels and how much confidence u gain within yourself! I'm so glad I made this lifestyle change and anyone who struggles with weight loss I definitely tell them to consider this surgery!emoji16.pngemoji1376.png

you look amazing !!!!!

Ok, so i really like this site but......... why are so many people complaining about loosing weight of 30-40 lbs in just a little over 2 months? I dont understand! When was the last time you lost that kind of weight. My surgery day weight was 244, today its 209. Thats 35lbs and im super, excited, happy!!!!! I feel wonderful, not discouraged or wondering if im loosing slow or not. All that matters is im loosing, so be happy !!!! If you read everyones weight loss on this paticular forum you will see your not losing slowly at all, if anything a little more or about the same as everyone else. Again be happy your losing!!!

Ok, so i really like this site but......... why are so many people complaining about loosing weight of 30-40 lbs in just a little over 2 months? I dont understand! When was the last time you lost that kind of weight. My surgery day weight was 244, today its 209. Thats 35lbs and im super, excited, happy!!!!! I feel wonderful, not discouraged or wondering if im loosing slow or not. All that matters is im loosing, so be happy !!!! If you read everyones weight loss on this paticular forum you will see your not losing slowly at all, if anything a little more or about the same as everyone else. Again be happy your losing!!!

Because we have lost the same amount of weight and I️ am a 100 pounds heavier than you which means I️ should be losing more at a faster pace. You can not compare your weight loss to someone who is heavier than you.

15 minutes ago, taylorfulfer said:

Because we have lost the same amount of weight and I️ am a 100 pounds heavier than you which means I️ should be losing more at a faster pace. You can not compare your weight loss to someone who is heavier than you.

First of all im not comparing myself to anyone!! Dont need to, I'm happy. All i was trying to say is be happy that you are losing and appreciate it. Of course everyone is diffrent, no one should try to compare themselves to others. We all have our own personal journeys at our own pace, i just own mine and absolutely appreciate each pound gone no matter how long it takes.

2 hours ago, 46w4kds said:

i fell into that category of "complaining" as u call it. but in reality I was being doubtful that I wasnt doing something correct or wondering what the normal is. Im not an expert at this type of surgery and everyone is different. I more so am trying to figure out "MY" normal. so I have come on various threads here "complaining" that my weight loss is slow in the beginning and some seasoned "losers" have given me pretty good advice. Im a little over 3 months post op vsg and 75# down and Im not freaking out anymore when I have a stall for 2-3 weeks. I dont use my scale as Gospel anymore but a guide. I look at all the NSVs and feel good about myself. This is a learning process both mentally and physically.

12 minutes ago, lindabalseca said:

i fell into that category of "complaining" as u call it. but in reality I was being doubtful that I wasnt doing something correct or wondering what the normal is. Im not an expert at this type of surgery and everyone is different. I more so am trying to figure out "MY" normal. so I have come on various threads here "complaining" that my weight loss is slow in the beginning and some seasoned "losers" have given me pretty good advice. Im a little over 3 months post op vsg and 75# down and Im not freaking out anymore when I have a stall for 2-3 weeks. I dont use my scale as Gospel anymore but a guide. I look at all the NSVs and feel good about myself. This is a learning process both mentally and physically.

I was simply trying to tell those who were worried about their weight loss progress to be happy about it. Not trying to turn this into a debate about individuals and there weight loss, again if you read the thread it simply states everyone is diffrent. Just want some people to appreciate the loss, not feeling bad about it!

Just now, 46w4kds said:

I was simply trying to tell those who were worried about their weight loss progress to be happy about it. Not trying to turn this into a debate about individuals and there weight loss, again if you read the thread it simply states everyone is diffrent. Just want some people to appreciate the loss, not feeling bad about it!

i get it but using the word complaining is negative and we should be building each other up. i appreciate what you are saying.

On 15/11/2017 at 9:45 AM, Bruno1966 said:

Hi there Augusters! October crashing here, hope you guys don't mind. I had my sleeve on 10/27 and now it's that time that I can start introducing eggs and some flaky fish. On the liquids, purees, I haven't really experienced the 'full' feeling so am looking to you pro's for any advice on what to experience/do better when I transition to solids. Am a bit concerned about messing it up so any insight from you guys who have recently done this would be much appreciated. You all look great, congrats!!!!

You will know when your full, your body will tell you, don’t push it and don’t worry if you can only eat a mouthful of food, I still can only eat a couple of ounces at a time, also I sneeze when I get full 😂. Your taste buds might change too. The main thing is don’t sweat the small stuff and when you get your first stall don’t worry it will pass. Protein and Water will become your priority but again listen to your body and increase it when you can. I can’t exercise much as I’m waiting to get a new hip, this worried me but I’m still managing to loose. Good luck and enjoy your new body.