Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

On 27/10/2017 at 10:05 PM, BigAussieGirl said:

The last time I went on a plane flight was very embarrassing, I was exploding out of the seat and needed a seat belt extender. That was a few years ago and I haven't flown since.

I've set my goals on going to Hawaii the middle of next year, so now I just need to drop the weight to make flying comfortable.

I'm hoping if I can drop 1 kg a week between now and then, the flight should be ok.

I've had a bit of a stall the last couple of weeks, so starting today I'm going to go back on the Protein Shakes and focus on exercise... hopefully this will start the weight loss again.

Went on a plane couple of weeks ago and didn’t need a seatbelt extension. I felt so chuffed.

1 hour ago, Rach84 said:

Congrats hun so happy for you!

Everyone’s different - My pants are hanging off me!

I’m out about 8 weeks and I’ve only lost 35 lbs and I’m in a deep stall. I lose a couple oz here and there. My scale says my body fat is down and muscle is up, so if that’s true it could account for the stall. I have more carbs the days I workout, which is 5x a week very intense HIIT and on those days eat around 1100 calories but on the days I don’t I eat around 800.

Clothes are fitting loose but I can definitely still wear all my old clothes. People at my gym said I’m barely recognizable but the stall is killing me. I’ve increased my fat a good bit, having one or two Snacks of 170 calorie fat bombs and it has helped but I’m frustrated beyond belief. I need to be below 30 BMI to get my stupid hernia fixed and I’m at 33. At a total loss about what to do.

5 hours ago, KateBruin said:

I’m out about 8 weeks and I’ve only lost 35 lbs and I’m in a deep stall. I lose a couple oz here and there. My scale says my body fat is down and muscle is up, so if that’s true it could account for the stall. I have more carbs the days I workout, which is 5x a week very intense HIIT and on those days eat around 1100 calories but on the days I don’t I eat around 800.

Clothes are fitting loose but I can definitely still wear all my old clothes. People at my gym said I’m barely recognizable but the stall is killing me. I’ve increased my fat a good bit, having one or two Snacks of 170 calorie fat bombs and it has helped but I’m frustrated beyond belief. I need to be below 30 BMI to get my stupid hernia fixed and I’m at 33. At a total loss about what to do.

That averages out to over 4 lbs a week right? I'm not getting the revision until December, but all things considered, I'd be happy with that progress.

On 27/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, BigAussieGirl said:

The last time I went on a plane flight was very embarrassing, I was exploding out of the seat and needed a seat belt extender. That was a few years ago and I haven't flown since.

I've set my goals on going to Hawaii the middle of next year, so now I just need to drop the weight to make flying comfortable.

I'm hoping if I can drop 1 kg a week between now and then, the flight should be ok.

I've had a bit of a stall the last couple of weeks, so starting today I'm going to go back on the Protein Shakes and focus on exercise... hopefully this will start the weight loss again.

I know the feeling. I had a flight between Denver, Atlanta, and Tampa on Southwest for an OWL training for my church and I needed a seatbelt extender for the first time in my life.

But yeah, now I'm at 130 kg and I'm officially down 10% of my total body weight and 18.4% on my way to my estimated goal weight (65 kg). :)

Also, my clothes aren't fitting loose yet but since my weight is still going down, I am willing to smile at that. :)

Edited by Véronique

It has been a little over two months since surgery, down 66 pounds, feeling better, healthier and definitely happier! It has been absolutely wonderful to have to buy new clothes and not have to go to the big and tall section! Granted I have not gotten many new clothes but it is still nice. It is also wonderful knowing that for the first time in a LONG time I will be wearing sweaters and sweatshirts not because I want to cover up my "muffin top" but because I want to be comfortable! I also can not wait to emerge on the other side of winter and not have to hate not being able to hide my midsection anymore. I wish I would have done this MUCH sooner!!!! :D

Sleeved the 22nd august, When I see everyone’s progress I wonder why I’m so slow at losing I’m doing everything by the book I am now even getting my Vitamins in drinking plenty of Water even my detox lemon water in the mornings, and walking 3-4 ks at 5.30 am, I’m averaging around 1.5k a week if that, I’m not complaining I’m happy I’m losing but wow it’s slow compared to others, and it’s not like I have a small starting weight I’m still massive!

HW:321

SW:308

CW:277

GW:186

5 minutes ago, Rach84 said:

When I see everyone’s progress I wonder why I’m so slow at losing I’m doing everything by the book I am now even getting my Vitamins in drinking plenty of Water even my detox lemon Water in the mornings, and walking 3-4 ks at 5.30 am, I’m averaging around 2k a week if that, I’m not complaining I’m happy I’m losing but wow it’s slow compared to others, and it’s not like I have a small starting weight I’m still massive!

Trust me, I know the feeling. I'm seeing everyone here (who was at, or roughly around, my starting weight) talk about how they've lost 60 or so pounds and I'm here at 34 pounds lost in 2 months. While I know that rationally, 34 pounds is a good number to have lost, I'm still frustrated, going HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE?!?

... Oh, and I have an intro pilates class at a new pilates studio in Fort Collins tomorrow, which is pretty close to my new work place... and my surgeon's office. :)

Edited by Véronique

1 hour ago, Rach84 said:

Sleeved the 22nd august, When I see everyone’s progress I wonder why I’m so slow at losing I’m doing everything by the book I am now even getting my Vitamins in drinking plenty of Water even my detox lemon Water in the mornings, and walking 3-4 ks at 5.30 am, I’m averaging around 1.5k a week if that, I’m not complaining I’m happy I’m losing but wow it’s slow compared to others, and it’s not like I have a small starting weight I’m still massive!

Your not alone!!! I have only lost 30lbs in 2 months as well, but im happy!!!! Couldnt have done those 30lbs without the help of my sleeve, so continue to be just happy and know you will get there. I have even seen people posting pics already at 1 month and 2 months and wishing man i want to do that. And i will, when its my time, and it will come:0) and guess what? We will all look absolutely AMAZING!!!

Your not alone!!! I have only lost 30lbs in 2 months as well, but im happy!!!! Couldnt have done those 30lbs without the help of my sleeve, so continue to be just happy and know you will get there. I have even seen people posting pics already at 1 month and 2 months and wishing man i want to do that. And i will, when its my time, and it will come:0) and guess what? We will all look absolutely AMAZING!!!

I wonder if some of the higher losers are bypass vs sleeve as well. I know they lose faster and younger (under 30) I hear lose faster too. I am following my plan and have felt it's slow, but it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Keep in mind that not only do we have different surgery dates, a lot of us include the weight we lost through the pre-op diet when talking about our weight loss, because it's the total number that's the most satisfying to say. It can make the numbers seem to track weirdly. I've lost 78.8 pounds, but that's total. Since the surgery in the middle of August (2 1/2 months ago), I've lost 52.4 pounds. At the two month mark, I'd lost 43.8 pounds. And 43.8 pounds is not that much higher than 35.

Plus, there are adjustments for gender, height, total start weight, etc.

None of this is apples to apples. Don't beat yourself up comparing yourself to other people. You'rte doing great.

I agree with etc.etc.etc. i count weight loss at surgery date 8/29/17 hw: 272 sw: 244 cw: 214 so thats how i came up with 30lbs loss. I did not loose any weight pre-op, but was only on liquid diet prior for one week.

IMG_4390.JPG
Today is my 12 week surgiversary...I'm feeling pretty good...my energy is returning and my body is getting stronger.

I'm trying some Clif Protein Bars, because they have 20 grams of Protein. Today, I tried the chocolate "flavoured" bar and tomorrow, I'll try the other two flavours and review them over on this thread.

Spoiler alert: I don't have much hope of any of these tasting even remotely decent.