Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

This morning, I was weighing myself and my eight year old jumped on my back. Together, we still weighed less than I did when I started!

It's going slower than it was at first (3.5 - 4 lbs. per week) but I'm still pretty happy.

I had my surgery on August 2nd. Converted from a Lap Band. So far so good. I am 8 weeks out and eating regular foods. I still cant eat raw veggies i'm waiting for that. I am down 38 pounds and currently in a stall.

32 minutes ago, Mrsgarfish said:

I had my surgery on August 2nd. Converted from a Lap Band. So far so good. I am 8 weeks out and eating regular foods. I still cant eat raw veggies i'm waiting for that. I am down 38 pounds and currently in a stall.

i was sleeved 8/9 revision band to sleeve (not in one process) i am struggling to eat solid foods. they make me very uncomfortable. ive tried ground turkey/chicken, soft turkey medallions, i make sure i chew everything really well but its a no go. i feel like im stuck with pureeds and soft foods forever. (a little dramatic i know) even tuna is giving me a hard time and before it was fine. the nurse from my dr office suggested that i eat 2 oz at a time like every 2-3 hours. i tried solids and thats the deal breaker. my weight loss is slowwwwwww down to almost a halt. im so exhausted everyday no energy. its very defeating.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:06 AM, lovedrotten said:

I was sleeved on 8/31 and I have stalled for about 3 weeks now. It’s frustrating as all heck. I hope it breaks SOON!

Tips and Tricks for "stalls " increase your fluids, Proteins, activity and up your calories. It has worked for a lot of people...but it will also break on its on. So good luck

On 10/5/2017 at 0:54 PM, Mrsgarfish said:

Don't forget you can increase your fluids, Proteins, increase activity and up your calories to try to break the stall. Your body is just telling you one thing now you have to trick it to do another...or just wait the stall will pass..good luck

My NUT’s advice to break a stall seems insane. 4 premier shakes a day every other day till I start losing again. That’s 640 calories and hardly any fat. Literature tells me I need to increase to over 1000ish, greatly increase my healthy fats, and workout more. Right now I can only manage HIIT 2x a week because I eat so little. Maybe I’m wrong but her way isn’t working.

I have my six-week check on Friday and I weighed in today at 135,2 kg. Since my weight on the day before surgery was 145,6 kg and they say they expect me to lose 10% of my total weight (not my excess, which considering the midpoint for a healthy BMI was 65 kg for my height and age, means that my excess is roughly 80 kg), I would need to lose an additional 4,2 kg before Friday in order to hit that target. There's no way that's happening.

Hi im in Australia our surgeons only expects us to be below the original weigh in that we started at.

After the surgery as long as our weight is decreasing they re happy a few kilos/ pounds a weeks is good i still have to lose 40 kilos yet but i'm slowly getting there . i have to stop my urges to have sweet stuff still that is my nemesis i stopped losing for a week but it seems to have started again , a slow journey im hoping to get under 100 by Christmas..

I have my six-week check on Friday and I weighed in today at 135,2 kg. Since my weight on the day before surgery was 145,6 kg and they say they expect me to lose 10% of my total weight (not my excess, which considering the midpoint for a healthy BMI was 65 kg for my height and age, means that my excess is roughly 80 kg), I would need to lose an additional 4,2 kg before Friday in order to hit that target. There's no way that's happening.

Hey girl,
Remember you are an individual and may not fit into a check box. Patients don't always "follow the normal pattern" for weight loss or illnesses for that matter. Also look for non-scale victories. For example none of my previous 22/24 camisoles fit anymore. It's a long journey we are on. 6 weeks is still fresh and you will keep losing, just stay on program.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

So its been a little over 6 weeks since surgery, and I officially know that I have made the right decision. I am down almost 60 pounds. My blood pressure is normal, endurance is way up, joints feel better, and I am much happier! I am back to eating normal foods and am working on eating slowly and paying close attention to what my body is telling me so I do not end up overeating and know when to stop. I know that one "normal" fork full of food is too much especially when you are close to being full. Overeating does not control me I am currently in control of it and it feels good. It feels great to fit in clothes that I have not been able to put on my behind in YEARS! What even feels more amazing is donating all of the largest size clothes and knowing that I will not need them anymore.

The above post could have been written by me... lol

sleeved 8/15, down almost 60lbs and feeling better every day

stooped metformin for prediabetes and no more HBP medicine. Hoping the next thing to go is my CPAP machine.

wearing a shirt today I wore to my twins 8th birthday. They're 19 now. Haha

wishing everyone well on their journey!

10 hours ago, trying4me said:

Hey girl,
Remember you are an individual and may not fit into a check box. Patients don't always "follow the normal pattern" for weight loss or illnesses for that matter. Also look for non-scale victories. For example none of my previous 22/24 camisoles fit anymore. It's a long journey we are on. 6 weeks is still fresh and you will keep losing, just stay on program.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Everything still fits, which is a bummer, though if my plantar fasciitis goes away, I would consider that a GINORMOUS win. And hopefully soon, winter is coming to Colorado and that aggravates it like nothing else does.

1 hour ago, Véronique said:

Everything still fits, which is a bummer, though if my plantar fasciitis goes away, I would consider that a GINORMOUS win. And hopefully soon, winter is coming to Colorado and that aggravates it like nothing else does.

I'm a bit bummed myself. Although I have lost some weight and I can fit into some clothes that I couldn't before, it is not what I had hoped for. The PA from the doctor's office didn't seem satisfied with my weight loss either which made me feel even worse. For the most part, I've stayed around 600 calories a day, but I can't always stay with just the 3 meals and 2 Protein Shakes. I get really hungry. I still can only eat about 2 ounces per meal, especially if it's denser meat, but I still get hungry later. The main thing that I am not doing enough of is exercise. I do have more energy than I did before and have done a little more at my house, but I need to work on the exercise, especially for the toning.

2 minutes ago, Christine1126 said:

I'm a bit bummed myself. Although I have lost some weight and I can fit into some clothes that I couldn't before, it is not what I had hoped for. The PA from the doctor's office didn't seem satisfied with my weight loss either which made me feel even worse. For the most part, I've stayed around 600 calories a day, but I can't always stay with just the 3 meals and 2 Protein Shakes. I get really hungry. I still can only eat about 2 ounces per meal, especially if it's denser meat, but I still get hungry later. The main thing that I am not doing enough of is exercise. I do have more energy than I did before and have done a little more at my house, but I need to work on the exercise, especially for the toning.

As have I. So far, I've lost roughly 10 kg, which is 1/8th of my excess weight. I had two big stalls and I just got over my last big stall a few days ago. In fact, I'm just 0,1 kg away from where I was before my last gain/stall/lose cycle. It feels like the hokey pokey. I put some kg off, I put some kg on, I put some kg off and I try to shake it off. I do the hokey pokey and I turn myself about... that's what I'm upset about!

4 minutes ago, Véronique said:

As have I. So far, I've lost roughly 10 kg, which is 1/8th of my excess weight. I had two big stalls and I just got over my last big stall a few days ago. In fact, I'm just 0,1 kg away from where I was before my last gain/stall/lose cycle. It feels like the hokey pokey. I put some kg off, I put some kg on, I put some kg off and I try to shake it off. I do the hokey pokey and I turn myself about... that's what I'm upset about!

That helps me feel better, especially the way you put it. Actually put a smile on my face. Hopefully by this time next year, we'll both be down to our goal weight.