Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

Help! It's been one month and two days since my surgery and I still feel nauseated. It's still hard to eat solid foods. I'm afraid I will never feel healthy and willing. My will of doing things is gone, because I am always feeling weak.

I was struggling with nausea at 4wks too, I used a scopalomine patch from my Dr. 4 weeks is still super early for solid food, food should still be fairly soft. Also eat slow and stop if you get nauseated. I supplemented with Protein Shakes until 6weeks and still do sometimes. Also you may not be ready to move on, go back to liwuids/pureed for a few days and try again only 1 new food at a time.

At 7 weeks I am do ally eat fruits and veggies again. And ALWAYS check in with your surgical team. They are there to help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I love this thread and reading about everyone's sucesses.

I was sleeved 21 August.

Here are my stats:

Start weight 196 kg (432 pounds)

Surgery weight 177 kg (390 pounds)

Today 161 kg (354 pounds)

Total loss 35 kg (77 pounds)

I saw my Dr last week and he is happy with my loss so far, but still a very long way to go!

Edited by BigAussieGirl
typo

19 hours ago, trying4me said:

I was struggling with nausea at 4wks too, I used a scopalomine patch from my Dr. 4 weeks is still super early for solid food, food should still be fairly soft. Also eat slow and stop if you get nauseated. I supplemented with Protein Shakes until 6weeks and still do sometimes. Also you may not be ready to move on, go back to liwuids/pureed for a few days and try again only 1 new food at a time.

At 7 weeks I am do ally eat fruits and veggies again. And ALWAYS check in with your surgical team. They are there to help.

I wish that were true, but every time I phone my surgeon's office, I get this one nurse who is anything but helpful. She refuses to answer my questions. It drives me up the wall.

I've lost 69 pounds overall (including the pre-op diet) and 40.6 since being sleeved on 8/18. I'm pretty happy with the overall results, and more and more people are starting to notice.

That said, I was relying on glycerine suppositories to be able to poop for the first six or seven weeks, but since then they don't seem to do much. I had a cup of coffee the other day and that helped, but I'm not really interested in bringing back my caffeine habit.

I have a whole list of incremental goals... the next one comes when I get below 261, which would be when I'd cross the line from severely obese to obese, according to some charts.

The pants I am wearing today are 10 inches smaller in the waist than the ones I wore to the hospital on the day of my surgery.

9 minutes ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

I've lost 69 pounds overall (including the pre-op diet) and 40.6 since being sleeved on 8/18. I'm pretty happy with the overall results, and more and more people are starting to notice.

That said, I was relying on glycerine suppositories to be able to poop for the first six or seven weeks, but since then they don't seem to do much. I had a cup of coffee the other day and that helped, but I'm not really interested in bringing back my caffeine habit.

I have a whole list of incremental goals... the next one comes when I get below 261, which would be when I'd cross the line from severely obese to obese, according to some charts.

The pants I am wearing today are 10 inches smaller in the waist than the ones I wore to the hospital on the day of my surgery.

I wish I were that lucky. My weight loss since the day of surgery is 12,2 kg (or 26,8 lbs). Don't get me wrong, that's somewhat good (it *is* a fifth or sixth of what they ARE expecting me to lose total), but it feels quite slow given what everyone else here is reporting.

Sleeved on 8/07.

Down 65 pounds, have no problems with anything other than super spicy food (stomach acid), and beef (doesn't sit well).

My levels before and after surgery....

8/01/2017----- 10/14/2017

Blood Pressure 153/92----- 108/78

A1c 6.3----- 5.7

Total Cholesterol 214----- 142

Triglycerides 227----- 126

HDL 90----- 50

LDL 92----- 67

My HDL levels were a little low, but don't really have much LDL for it to protect against.

I am not stalling, but my weight loss has slowed to about 1-2 pounds per week over the last 4 weeks since I started lifting weights. I am okay with that though.

Hey fellow Aug Sleevers ... it sounds like you're all doing so good! Yeah, a few stalls. Yeah, a few unpleasant moments with eating real food, but overall ... we're losing weight!

I was sleeved on Aug 22 and am pretty much eating anything these days (within reason). Has anyone eaten a green salad yet? I'm dying for something like a salad but was wondering if anyone had any big problems with it?

Hugs to you all!

46 minutes ago, CdrIvanova said:

Hey fellow Aug Sleevers ... it sounds like you're all doing so good! Yeah, a few stalls. Yeah, a few unpleasant moments with eating real food, but overall ... we're losing weight!

I was sleeved on Aug 22 and am pretty much eating anything these days (within reason). Has anyone eaten a green salad yet? I'm dying for something like a salad but was wondering if anyone had any big problems with it?

Hugs to you all!

No, not yet but I'm going to try one very soon. :-)

50 minutes ago, CdrIvanova said:

Hugs to you all!

I was sleeved on 8/21 and I had a green salad yesterday and it did not bother me. The foods that bother me are broccoli, apple sauce and sugar <didn't read a label and found out the hard way

Part of me wants to say, "I can eat anything," but really the truth is, "I have been able to eat everything I have chosen to try so far." I've been mostly careful and kinda nervous in sticking to the rules.I have not eaten anything fried. No treats made of real sugar. Very few forms of bread, and mostly just minimal amounts of lower carb bread. And I have not yet tried salads, no.

We had ribeyes for dinner last night. (Well, I had a small segment of a ribeye, personally. And some sliced tomatoes.) There's a piece left over I think I may put onto a salad tonight.

I was sleep on August 16 and I've had a few salads in the last couple weeks. I've never had an issue.

I had a few bites of Pasta last week and I didn't have an issue. I was kind of hoping I would because i know pasta is something you shouldn't eat. But I only allowed myself two bites :-) and it was Delish!!!!!!

cameraRollTempImage.jpg cameraRollTempImage.jpg

I was sleeved on 8/3. Surgery weight: 275, current weight : 234. I had an awfully long stall through September, but back on track and have consistently increased exercise. It’s so encouraging to see progress in the size of my body. Really grateful for the surgery.

Tips and Tricks for "stalls " increase your fluids, Proteins, activity and up your calories. It has worked for a lot of people...but it will also break on its on. So good luck

Thank you! I’ve stalled for the past two weeks.

Having a hard time the last couple of weeks. Sleeved on 8/21. Down 40 lbs since pre op diet, and weight loss has slowed to a crawl. Starting weight was 242, and no I am almost to onderland but have not lost for 2 weeks. I know I am not eating too much, and the hunger is still gone, but dang the lbs were just melting off and now nothing. I feel good where I am, and people are noticing my weight loss but I still have about 50 to go, and i hope it comes off... I have gone down 1 pant size to a 14, but had those hidden in the back of my closet, so I didn't have to buy anything. Just wondering when this stall is going to break. I know I should be thankful that my weight loss is slow, everyone keeps telling me it helps to not have saggy skin, but dang. I am impatient. Hope everyone else is doing well. I know I am only 2 months out, but it seems like forever and it also seems like people have lost a lot more weight at this point. :(

I was sleeved aug 16 and only down about 42. And I started a lot more than you. Soooo I know it's frustrating !! And we want to lose quicker. Butttttt we aren't. Lol.

Soooo, I'm trying to just deal with it and be happy for the wins.

Good luck :)