Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

1 minute ago, Christine1126 said:

That helps me feel better, especially the way you put it. Actually put a smile on my face. Hopefully by this time next year, we'll both be down to our goal weight.

I'm hoping so. :)

The reason why I'm hoping so much that my plantar fasciitis abates is because my ability to exercise is hindered by the sharp pain in my arches (or, more specifically, my plantar fascia). My last GP thought the problem was exacerbated by an edema in my legs which is exacerbated by... sleep apnea. So hopefully, the sleep apnea will abate, the edema will abate and I can have no pain in my arches which means...

I can do hot yoga again! And I hope it'll be soon, because sometimes, I watch workout instruction vids and try to replicate them at Planet Fitness and I just can't do it on my own. I need a class with an instructor and a bunch of other people so I can see how to improve what I'm doing.

I had my surgery on 21st August and today I had my first salad.

I've really missed being able to eat salad's and I'm so over soft and mushy food. With the weather getting warmer I'm really glad to be able to eat salad's again. I had no problems at all with the raw veggies.

Hopefully the low calorie count in salads with increase the weight loss as well.

Have a great weekend August sleevers!

I was sleeved on 8/29 so almost 7 weeks out. I’ve lost 28 pounds and am in the midst of my 2nd stall. I know they happen and I’m continuing to get my Protein and Water like everyone says. I’m incredibly excited though that I’ve been able to get off my meds for diabetes, high blood pressure and high triglycerides since losing this weight. That was my main goal for this surgery, so that mission has been accomplished! I’m finally getting back to exercising regularly (more than just walking) so hopefully that will help break this stall.

1 hour ago, Sandra Logue said:

I was sleeved on 8/29 so almost 7 weeks out. I’ve lost 28 pounds and am in the midst of my 2nd stall. I know they happen and I’m continuing to get my Protein and Water like everyone says. I’m incredibly excited though that I’ve been able to get off my meds for diabetes, high blood pressure and high triglycerides since losing this weight. That was my main goal for this surgery, so that mission has been accomplished! I’m finally getting back to exercising regularly (more than just walking) so hopefully that will help break this stall.

Congratulations on getting off your medication. Well done!

Edited by BigAussieGirl

Hi all....., love to know how your all doing now? I’m just hitting week 8 sleeved on 22/8. Very slow process for me but happy all the same? I’m down 37 pounds, 17 kilos, feeling good excerzising twice a day 6 days a week. I do have one confession to make though, I’m not taking my Vitamins I’m just praying my hair doesn’t fall out🤦🏽‍♀️ hope your all doing amazingly

I was sleeved 8/21. I lost a lot of weight at the beginning but now pretty slow. 38 pounds total. I was hoping it would be more but I feel great. I'm wearing fitted clothing and feel more in control. I eat small portions but normal food by now. I'm probably eating 800 - 1000 cal a day and exercise everyday (500-700 cal depleted). I do not eat any Pasta or rice or crap ( although I'll have a taste of something once in a while). I eat a little Bread- like 1/2 a wrap with chicken once, the crusty part of bread at a restaurant as I wait and nibble). Most days I eat under 50 g of carbs). I have a Protein Shake mixed with Decaf coffee every morning, lite 50 cal Cabot cheese for snack, 3 oz tuna salad or turkey slices for lunch with 3 Melba crackers, another small 4 pm snack and then a Protein dinner ( chicken, beef, salmon, ) and a few veggies for dinner. Some days I'm hungrier than others. Sometimes I get really hungry and eat too fast and then eat too much which causes me to have pain and sometimes I throw up a bit as I feel blocked in my throat/ chest. A spoonful of Peanut Butter helps if I'm starving. I know I'm not perfectly dieting but I also want to feel normal. I'm less depressed and don't feel deprived. I'm fine with losing slowly because I feel normal and happy. I'm losing about 1 - 2 pounds a week at this point. But because I exercise I feel that I'm gaining muscle and toning. I do spin, barre, and lots of walking As soon as I get to 220 I'm going to start jogging again. I love to hear everyone's August progress so keep adding to this feed! I feel like I have partners! And since I only shared this journey with my husband and 3 teenage kids I love the communication, venting, positive goals, milestones, etc! Good luck everyone and keep smiling!
SW 289
CW 251
GW. 180

The reason why I'm hoping so much that my plantar fasciitis abates is because my ability to exercise is hindered by the sharp pain in my arches (or, more specifically, my plantar fascia). My last GP thought the problem was exacerbated by an edema in my legs which is exacerbated by... sleep apnea. So hopefully, the sleep apnea will abate, the edema will abate and I can have no pain in my arches which means...
I can do hot yoga again! And I hope it'll be soon, because sometimes, I watch workout instruction vids and try to replicate them at Planet Fitness and I just can't do it on my own. I need a class with an instructor and a bunch of other people so I can see how to improve what I'm doing.

I wear a foot brace to sleep that keeps my foot flexed all night -stretching the arch- which works wonders for plantar f. I also wear Finn comfort sandals from Germany when I get a problem. Really helps tremendously!

14 hours ago, Sandra Logue said:

I think on Tuesday, I'll be seven weeks out, though I just went in for my six-week check on Friday the 13th. :) I don't know if my sleep apnea has been abated or not, but I am wondering when I should go in for another sleep study to check on that. My three-month check is at the end of November (as well it should be, my surgery was at the end of August) and I'm worried about hitting my target, as they say that I should be down 60 lbs (or 27,2 kg) at that point. If I lose at my current rate, I should be down 23,6 kg, which isn't nothing but is a few kilos shy of that target.

6 hours ago, Rach84 said:

Hi all....., love to know how your all doing now? I’m just hitting week 8 sleeved on 22/8. Very slow process for me but happy all the same? I’m down 37 pounds, 17 kilos, feeling good excerzising twice a day 6 days a week. I do have one confession to make though, I’m not taking my Vitamins I’m just praying my hair doesn’t fall out🤦🏽‍♀️ hope your all doing amazingly

I'm week 6, I think I'm out of the woods for my second stall (that does get so frustrating) and I'm down 11.8 kg, personally. I'm curious though, what was your starting point?

5 hours ago, dreamynow said:

I wear a foot brace to sleep that keeps my foot flexed all night -stretching the arch- which works wonders for plantar f. I also wear Finn comfort sandals from Germany when I get a problem. Really helps tremendously!

My podiatrist recommended New Balance shoes for me, but I might ask her next time I see her about a foot brace. Maybe that might help, my surgeon DID say at my six-week check on Friday that I might be able to hit the 60-70% of total weight loss at six months instead of twelve months if I exercise. I imagine my results would be better if my form could improve.

My podiatrist recommended New Balance shoes for me, but I might ask her next time I see her about a foot brace. Maybe that might help, my surgeon DID say at my six-week check on Friday that I might be able to hit the 60-70% of total weight loss at six months instead of twelve months if I exercise. I imagine my results would be better if my form could improve.

I started at 193 lbs. 33.7 BMI current weight 165, goal weight ~130

6 hours ago, Rach84 said:

It's a slow process for me too, and I'm doing what my doctor recommends for the most part. My numbers are as follows:

starting weight: 299 on 4/1 before diets required by either insurance or the surgeon

surgery weight: 257 on 8/21

current weight: 233 on 10/15

I am very happy with my overall weight loss of 66 pounds and with how much better I feel. At my last post-op appointment, my surgeon was concerned that my weight loss had slowed. I think it's important, for me at least, to keep in mind my goal. Not all of my different health professionals have the same idea about that. One says 110, which I don't see as even realistic. Surgeon says 120-130. I think what I want matters more than what they want, and I feel like I would be fine with 150 or so. If I look at it that way, then a 66-pound loss is already 44% of the way to my goal. That feels a lot more encouraging to me to look at it that way. If I get to that goal and decide I want to lose more, then I can adjust my goal. My surgeon wants me to lose 40 more pounds by 3 months from this last visit. I am going to do what feels right to me and not stress over it. The way I see it, I am not running a race here. I have health issues that present problems for me getting as much exercise as would be best for me. I will do the best I can and lose the weight on my own schedule, not anyone else's.

As for sleep apnea and CPAP, I started 8/31 (surgery date) at 294. I was at 270 when I saw my pulmonologist. He said 50 more lbs and he wanted another study and thinks we can drop the cpap. So I will call him at 220lbs. I was looking at my pressure readings (I wear auto-peep) and my required pressure has already dropped considerably.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there I was 313 pounds day of surgery today I’m 284.

Help! It's been one month and two days since my surgery and I still feel nauseated. It's still hard to eat solid foods. I'm afraid I will never feel healthy and willing. My will of doing things is gone, because I am always feeling weak.

Sleeved on Aug 28th. No insurance I paid for it all out of pocket. Lost 51lbs so far. I can eat most things.. I have not tried bread and probably wont as my body reacts bad to it. I still get food stuck at the top of my throat sometimes. And I feel sick if I eat 1 fork full to many. Very happy so far. Im about half way there.

HW - 294
SW - 274
CW - 243
GW- 180