Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@heycrystal2052 Can you please hook us up to your Jason's Deli chili recipe, purty please? :D

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

@heycrystal2052 Can you please hook us up to your Jason's Deli chili recipe, purty please? :D

My recipe is as follows:

Get in the car

add a bit of sugar and spice to your smile and attitude

Drive to Jason's Deli, ask for my regular w/ onions and cheese on the side and wait for the perfection to be handed over in a bag.

Get back in the car

Drive home.

Last, and what is most important, take a wiff of the amazing smell. Then consume.

Repeat , as needed. :D

I'm pre-op, but I'm also single and not exactly rolling in cash. I've been making meals and freezing portions of them for ages--soups, stews, casseroles, etc. I certainly hope I can do the same thing post-op--different recipes in smaller containers. I enjoy cooking, but I sure don't feel like whipping up a "from scratch" meal every night.

4 minutes ago, heycrystal2052 said:

My recipe is as follows:

Get in the car

add a bit of sugar and spice to your smile and attitude

Drive to Jason's Deli, ask for my regular w/ onions and cheese on the side and wait for the perfection to be handed over in a bag.

Get back in the car

Drive home.

Last, and what is most important, take a wiff of the amazing smell. Then consume.

Repeat , as needed. :D

bahahahahahaha! Hilarious! *snort* Made my day!

*add a bit of sugar and spice to your smile and attitude* :D

12 minutes ago, heycrystal2052 said:

take a wiff of the amazing smell. Then consume.Repeat , as needed. :D

@heycrystal2052

:lol: hey bud

you are such a cutie.

this "recipe" helped you loose

191 lbs.!! i think i'll try it.

you are aces!!

keep up the good job

kathy

1 minute ago, proudgrammy said:

@heycrystal2052

:lol: hey bud

you are such a cutie.

this "recipe" helped you loose

191 lbs.!! i think i'll try it.

keep up the good job

you are aces!!

kathy

Alright, I will admit, I'm one of those people who when cooking, pretends to be hosting a cooking show. Hey now, I'm the only child, that'll be my excuse. I had to find my own entertainment and it stuck w/ me years and years later. LOL :D

4 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

I've thought about going back to Plated.com, but with looking at their menu, I'd have to omit way too many things to make it something I can eat. I did what you did, bought packages of chicken and would meal prep on Sunday's, but I found I was wasting WAYYYY too much food. I'd get up in the morning and be so turned off by the fridge and I'd run to my lunch packets of tuna and other Proteins. I'm trying to get better, but I've noticed, I do this in phases.

I freeze the portioned chicken and then defrost what I need each day. That prevents waste (although I eat most of it in a week since I eat the exact same things every day). The green Beans have always gotten eaten within a week. I never freeze those.

I didn't force my stomach to eat "real " food enough in the beginning. So now I'm still struggling to eat things like chicken, veggies etc. So I hardly ever cook anything at home unless it's something that the boyfriend really likes. The last thing i fixed at home was ground turkey meatloaf, streamed broccoli and red mashed potatoes. That was a month ago. I would LOVE to eat leftovers, but it's beyond expensive when most of it goes in the trash. Protein Bars, yogurt and cottage cheese are my daily staples

Hi! How far out from surgery are you? That sounds like a normal diet for the first month... Did you not tolerate "real food"? Or were you just nervous about trying it? I am only 4 days post-op but I am already nervous about putting in anything that is not liquid. I can start yogurt at 8 days I think. And soft foods at 14. Thanks for any input.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:24 PM, DropWt4Life said:

heycrystal2052, are you a leftover lover generally? I love them, but my wife and kid can't stand them. I have read that after surgery, some people don't like leftovers simply because of boredom. Once you can only eat a few bites, you want those bites to be super tasty, and dare if I say it, special. Something really good. Well, eating the same foods everyday, while good for you, is very boring for most people anyway. I hope I don't get to that place, because then it can get very expensive if you know what I mean.

Anyway, being 2 1/2 weeks post-op, your chops and veggies have me salivating right now. Can't wait until I can partake in a regular meal. For now, it is purees and Protein Shakes for me.

Boredom is exactly my issue already and I'm not quite three weeks post op.

Happy Thursday, everyone [emoji4]

I was just chatting w/ a coworker about cooking and you know what, I'm bored of it.

Do some of you feel the same?

The other night, I bought some chops and veggies, I ate half a chop w/ two spoonful of veggies and I was done. I planned to take the rest to work as several days worth of leftovers, but I'm just not interested. As usual, they will just sit there until it's time to be thrown away. I simply, have no interest in leftovers. The intent is there, but the want dies after the first serving for dinner.

Yess! This is me to a T. I used to cook all the time to be creative with my healthy meals. But i'm just so over left overs. Once i've seen it once i don't want to see it again. But i think (or i'm hoping) that for me this is just a phase, because immediately after surgery i wasn't like that.

Alright, I will admit, I'm one of those people who when cooking, pretends to be hosting a cooking show. Hey now, I'm the only child, that'll be my excuse. I had to find my own entertainment and it stuck w/ me years and years later. LOL [emoji3]

I do this same thing!!

"You know what, I was huge on eating leftovers in the past. If I go out to eat, obviously, I'll always bring something back home and will eat the rest for another meal/meals. I think my issue here is, I made pork and since the surgery, pork isn't really something I care for. Sadly, beef and pork don't interest me anymore. :("

Try this recipe for chops

Cover Chops in EVOO, Salt, Pepper and Cinnamon, then place a green apple slice or two on top.

Bake uncovered at 375 until done

Serve with starch and veggies of choice. The cinnamon and apple give them a real nice and different flavor. My boys will eat them right out of the pan.

Edited by TexasGirl1370

On 8/27/2017 at 9:13 PM, xoxococojay said:

Yess! This is me to a T. I used to cook all the time to be creative with my healthy meals. But i'm just so over left overs. Once i've seen it once i don't want to see it again. But i think (or i'm hoping) that for me this is just a phase, because immediately after surgery i wasn't like that.

I'm still the same, this week I bought an eggplant dish and forgot about it. I remembered how delicious it was and packed it for lunch today. LOL, I guess certain foods will make me run back to them, most, I'll pass.

I am perfectly content with leftovers. I don't go out to eat much, but when I do I look forward to having multiple meals out of it. Sometimes it does last to long though and I end up throwing it out since I usually don't eat it every day.

Also I do not really like to cook, so when I do I prepare larger quantities. I'll divide it up and freeze it. Especially good for when I work, I just grab something from the freezer and I'm good to go.

I do need to come up with some different meals though since I find myself rotating through the same 4 days things