Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to Shakes?

3 hours ago, kozyjozie said:

Hi. I do three shakes a day. This replaces my meals. I do that for two weeks. Then go to purée stage and regular food afterwards. It's the "post-op diet". Do you have the pamphlet from when you did the surgery? My surgeon told me this will shrink my stomach again and start anew. I have lost 7 pounds somince august 25. I also make sure to get my Water in and I use the eas carb control shakes. 100 calories each. 0g sugar. 17g of Protein. I get them in the case load at sams club. I've also seen them in Walmart and shoprite. Hope this helps.

Does it get easier as . you go? I am finnishing day 1 ( only plan to do a few days, but I opened the fridge today and it smelled so good lol very tempted.

One thing I noticed i EXCEEDED my Water goal today when I have never even met it apart from a couple of times lol so it does help !

[mention=194772]jess9395[/mention] How many shakes a day do you do? How many calories? I think I need a reboot. I am 15 months out now. How long do you do it for?

When I do it I use it as part of a 5:2 type of intermittent fasting so I do 4-5 "normal" days and 2-3 "fasting" days in a week. On the fasting days I drink 3-5 shakes during an 8 hour window so like between 10am and 6pm. Nothing before 10 or after 6.

I'm loving the idea that there's hope to get things going again- thanks for the info :)
But since you go so low in calories - when you go back to normal again, do you gain since you put yourself I. Starvation mode?

Thanks for posting this. I have been in a stall for 2 weeks now going on 3. I had my surgery on 7-21. I am losing a lot of inches but the scale doesn't move. Wondered if I needed to do just shakes and Water. My doc appt isn't til the 13th. Thought of calling the nut. That eerie fear keeps creeping over me that this is all I will lose....scary.

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram: K_aane_VSG

My NUT says to vary your macros to shock your body into moving again and that works for me. I will up my calories for a few days, drop them down low for a couple days (those would be shake as meal days) and then bring it back up to where I was maintaining previously. Usually if I do 5-7 days of this, my stall will break.

My NUT says to vary your macros to shock your body into moving again and that works for me. I will up my calories for a few days, drop them down low for a couple days (those would be shake as meal days) and then bring it back up to where I was maintaining previously. Usually if I do 5-7 days of this, my stall will break.

I will try that!

For those of you that are early out (less than 2 months) your stall will break without resorting to this type of reset. Stalls are very normal especially the 3 week stall. I didn't do anything to break mine except make sure I was on point with my plan and they all broke eventually within 2-3 weeks.

Just saying, but I am sure it doesn't hurt to try to hurry them along.

For those of you that are early out (less than 2 months) your stall will break without resorting to this type of reset. Stalls are very normal especially the 3 week stall. I didn't do anything to break mine except make sure I was on point with my plan and they all broke eventually within 2-3 weeks.
Just saying, but I am sure it doesn't hurt to try to hurry them along.

Thank you! This makes me feel do much better. Even though I panicked on the first stall..now I am panicking again, but less...lol. I just want to see the scale move again...i,am trying to be patient. ..[emoji19]

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram: K_aane_VSG

Oh gosh yeah if you're early out no need. It's more for 9+ months out or even years out.

And yeah vary your calories/macros. I'm not a big fan of going back to shakes for two weeks. Just a couple days a week and eat sensibly according to your plan the other days.

I've been debating going back to shakes for 1-2 weeks. I've been practically stalled for the last few weeks. Losing less than 0.5lbs a weeks. I'm almost 6 months post op. I've been struggling to get under 200lbs and getting so frustrated. I'm going out of town for a few days, but I think when I get back I'm going to do it. Do you have to do the full post op diet? Or is 2 weeks shakes sufficient then just go back to eating small amounts as normal? I hope it will start me losing better again.