Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am over this stall and becoming frustrated

I've been stuck at the same weight of 232/233 since 7/31. I was sleeved 7/6. I even gain 2 pounds and went to 235 for a few days. Why is this? Will the scale start back moving any time soon?

Edited by lilbigprsn

Ugh tell me about it, I've been in a stall for like 2.5 weeks now also...it's super frustrating. I wanna know toooo lol

I hear it suppose to be the norm. Same thing my doc said too but when you get use to seeing 2/3 pounds dropping every day it becomes disappointing when it just stop to nothing.

It's called the 3 week stall. It usually starts around 21 days postop (anywhere from day 14-28ish), and can last for a week or two. Any day now you should start seeing things move again.

So basically its just the normal body performance. It's nothing I'm doing?

Correct! Stalls happen to everyone, even those that do every single thing perfectly. Just keep to your program (don't be drinking milkshakes!).. and you'll be fine.

Every pound of fat you lose means the body has to work hard disassembling miles of blood vessels, and hundreds of thousands of cells. In order to accomplish the work, it holds onto fluids until that piece of work is complete, then it releases it. Then the process starts over.

Thank you for the information. Good to know. No milkshakes this way. Good thing is i really don't have a sweet tooth. Just a potato lover

I feel like I have been in a stall my entire journey. I recently was in a 2 1/2 week stall. Started eat around 1,100 calories, instead of my usual 800, and stopped exercising. I have lost 5 lbs in a week!!! For each person it is different and sometimes you just have to shake things up. Though early on, it is VERY normal to stall, then it will start falling off again.

I am thinking I am not eating enough. I know i am only getting in around 600 maybe 700 calories

@YeaMe I have been in a stall for 2.5 weeks (i'm one month post op) lol I lost like 19-20lbs since surgery. I think some of it has to do with my hormones though...buuuut i'm hoping the stall breaks soon! I'm not getting nearly enough Protein or liquids in either...it's so hard. I get so full after a few bites...I'm not even getting 800 calories in...

600-700 calories is fine starting off, especially since you are only 5 weeks out. You just need to concentrate on Protein and fluids.

Both of you are really the norm. Yeah, we think it should fall of because we are eating so little. I promise it will come off - the body is doing some readjusting. It works, just stay on the plan and you have to work on the Protein, even if it is sipping Protein Shakes all day long, which I had to do for the first 3 months.

I am an 3 months post op and have stalled at least once each month, I notice it around my period, but then I also, check my food log and go back to basics, Protein Shake for at least one meal a day, and more Fluid. Has gotten me moving all three times! Good luck

I am in a stall also that started ~ 10 days post op. However I have been reading that it is next to normal. I gained 2 lbs from my original a weight loss. I worked really hard to push the fluids in my system today. I think that dehydration was part of the problem. I looked in my weight loss manual and there were a few things that were possible reasons for stalls.

1. Not eating enough Protein

2. Not drinking enough Fluid

3. Not taking vitamin/mineral supplements

4. Natural eating cycles (not sure what this means)

5. Eating too many foods high in carbohydrates

6. Not exercising (just walking 30 min. per day at this point)

See if you are meeting the guidelinesabove. This may help you push past the stall. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I've been stuck at the same weight of 232/233 since 7/31. I was sleeved 7/6. I even gain 2 pounds and went to 235 for a few days. Why is this? Will the scale start back moving any time soon?

Yes i also have been in a stall for about a week in a half. I get all my Protein, very low carbs, take my Vitamins, I need to workout more but I'm still eating less that 500 calories a day.