Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does the whole procedure take? Everyone is saying something different. Some say two hours some say an hour some say right in the middle. How did you feel right after it????

How long does the whole procedure take? Everyone is saying something different. Some say two hours some say an hour some say right in the middle. How did you feel right after it????

It can vary due to your recovery in the post o.o area, it took me longer to get awake so my family was away from me for a total of 4 hours where it been stated it would have been 2 hours. When I arrived to my room I was still a bit out of it but knew what was going on. I got more awake about 3 hours after that and the nurse walked with me in the hallway...my surgery was afternoon. Hope that helps some.

Sent from my VS987 using BariatricPal mobile app

I haven't had this surgery yet, but I have had surgery before under general anesthesia. The time depends on each surgeon, and your anatomy. But, assume it is like sleeping, you will "fall asleep" and "wake up". How long it takes you to "wake up" may be different lengths of in and out of grogginess.

Mine took about an hour and 40 minutes. I was out of it before they took me back, and I woke up at 11 in recovery. I felt fine, and stayed in recovery about two hours because they were really busy. I just laid there and listened to people around me moan and groan. After that, I was awake till bedtime that night.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, graziellabs said:

How long does the whole procedure take?

I had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time I was sleeved.

According to my bariatric surgeon, the operation time was 30 minutes for the sleeve and 90 seconds to repair the hiatal hernia. So overall, surgery time was less than 35 minutes.