Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much do you exercise per week?

Just curious, what type of exercise & how long, per week?

1 minute ago, Abbie719 said:

I do spinning classes 3 times a week and I do swimming everyday for 2 hours

I'm going to look into swimming in my area. Thank you!

I do 3 - 4 days a week. I mix it up: Two mile walk with the dogs, Zumba, and swimming are my favorites. Anywhere between 45 and 60 minutes each time.

I exercise 5 to 6 days per week.

I do weightlifting 3 times weekly. I also run on most days of the week, either outdoors or on the gym's treadmill. In addition, I use the gym's stationary bike, elliptical machine, and stair mill.

I work out 5 days a week. I'm on the elliptical for an hour all 5 days. I'm on the recumbent bike 3 days a week, when I don't weight train. I also weight train two days a week, one of those days at the gym. Soon I'm also going to incorporate resistance training.

Hi i am.scheduled for the operation soon i have 35 to 40 kg to lose and i am so worried if i shoukd do the operation out of fear of saggy skin. Any advice i would appreciate your replies 🤗

Sent from my SM-N920C using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, ca12345 said:

i am so worried if i shoukd do the operation out of fear of saggy skin. Any advice i would appreciate your replies 🤗

The choice is purely yours to make. Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Do you want to run the risk of dying early due to obesity-related illnesses because you wanted to avoid some loose skin?
  2. Do you want to enhance your qualify of life and be a normal-weight person, even if it means you'll have some loose skin?

If you back out of weight loss surgery because you're afraid you'll develop loose skin, you're possibly having surgery for the wrong reasons. Bariatric surgery is about reclaiming and/or enriching one's health, not about eye-candy aesthetics.

Sometimes loose skin is the trade-off for the chance to live to the fullest. Only you can decide if you wish to fight the battle or run away from it because you fear your skin may sag.

Also, be honest: do you truly like your obese body the way it looks today? If not, why are you so worried about the potential of some skin sag?

Edited by Introversion