Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my gastric sleeve done on 08/04/17. I'm 28 yrs old & 5'2.

SW:334 CW:296 GW:145

I am still on the 2 week after surgery all liquids diet then I can have diced food and so on. I been moody lately. More today than ever. Feel almost like maybe depressed. I look at my stitches healing and hate seeing them. Feel like a monster. It's in my head mostly. On top of that I had to go to the er last night because I felt dehydrated-ended up just getting meds for nausea. And they said try to drink more[emoji849]I'm supposed to try to get in 60g protein(liquids) and 64 oz fluids. I can't. I feel like even Water and Powerade zero all that stuff taste like gross🤢🤢🤢It's hard for me to get anything in because I feel full fast. I'm just struggling a lot. Don't crave food or water. Any suggestions? Advice?

IT GETS BETTER!! It really does. So first advice I have for you is remember that. I'm now 16 days post op and feel great. The second week was better than the first for me, but I still struggled to get my liquids and Protein in and got tired easily.

Have you tried introducing some savory liquids? Try Unjury chicken Soup if you're still on Clear Liquids, or if you can do Soups, do that (sometimes i mix in unjury chicken powder just to get more protein in).

Also try to vary shakes a bit, and the time of day you have them. I drank them for Breakfast everyday for 2 weeks. One day i couldnt even smell them. I switched to yogurt for breakfast, and soup for lunch, with protein Water in between. I'd completement with the shakes at night if needed. That helped a lot!

I'm right there with you sleeve sister. I am 7 days out, feeling weak, anxiety prone, depressed and just discouraged by not being able to stay hydrated and getting my Protein in. Feeling defeated. Considering ER to rehydrate but trying hard not to go

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

I went to the er last Saturday they were rude said I wasn't dehydrated enough. Waste of my time. My surgeons office called me and said that was weird that they didn't call the dr on call to confirm I was a sleeve patient. I'm now going to an infusion center as instructed by my surgeons nurse tmrw because I can't get anything in☹️

I had a really hard time getting fluids in for the first few weeks and still don't hit 64 oz . I'm now 2 1/2 months out. But I get between 30-40 oz a day and feel good at that amount. I carry a Water bottle with me always.

My boyfriend found a 32 oz cup with a lid. I have that cup with me always! 2 of those a day is the goal! I did experience some dehydration even with the water. I added Powerade Zero to the water for added minerals, etc... it helped! Good luck and I hope things are better now!

You may not know it but this part of the journey is probably the best part because the longer out you are, the more you loose that restriction and are able to eat anything you want again and then you start to stall and feel like you failed. My advice is to enjoy EVERY part of this journey you are now on, even this part.

Ice chips ice chips ice chips! The only thing that saved me from dehydration.... lots of cups of ice... they made me feel sooo much better

Edited by Tracy4

I ate sugar free popsicles. That helped a lot. I also filled ice trays that made the little round ice cubes with power aid and crystal light and would eat those through out the day. It gets better. Just stay on top of it. I agree with@Brandij124 as you go you have less restrictions. I can get 64+ ounces of Water down easy now and only had a struggle with food on 2 occasions. I'm 5 months post op now and had my first stall. Just remember each part has its ups and downs.

I now find everything sickening sweet. I have a 24 oz cup i use and i add orange, lemon and lime slices. broth is helpful.
Sugar free Jello, ice pops, drinks, I can not deal with. I bought a ice pop container at Walmart for $0.50 on clearance. Make 6 small pops, this way i can use Water infused with citrus or watered down sf drinks. They help! (Hint, let the tray sit out for 5 or so minutes before trying to get the ice pop out!)