Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel you. I only had a 2 week preop, but with post op I will have 5 weeks of liquid diet altogether. Im in my 3rd week right now and its definitely challenging, but gets easier after the first week. The frozen meals will help! Good luck to you [emoji4]

Ok cool. I'm glad to hear that it does get easier because I was really freaking out. Good luck to you and your journey as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I love reading about everyone else's experiences. I start my liquid diet on 8/16 and surgery is 8/30. I have two weeks of Liquid Protein diet before surgery. And just like others have said, NO CHEATING for me either. I'm going in to this hovering 300 pounds and I am ready to get that number down. I already quit smoking which was so hard for me. But we can do this guys!!! Good luck to you all!!

That is supper exciting and a big congrats to you. I was never a smoker but I have family members that are and I know how difficult it is to quit smoking. I'm very very happy for you that you have Concord that goal. Now on to having amazing results from your sleeve. I wish you all the best in your journey.

My surgeon is requiring me to do a 3 week liquid preop diet. I was mentally prepared for 2 weeks not 3. I think I'm going to die lol. No but seriously this is going to be hard. Does anyone else have to do 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks?

Hi I've heard of 3 weeks either . I start my 2 weeks tomorrow . I've heard of 1 week before. But every surgeon is different . I was so happy when my nutritionist said that I can have grits, cream of wheat and oatmeal . Just no sugar or butter added.

I did a 2 week pre-op liquid diet (lost 19.5 lbs:)) and am now on a 2.5 week post-op liquid diet (my surgery was 8/8/17). My post-op follow-up appointment is what's driving the 2.5 week liquid diet (I am on the short list if anyone cancels their appt, otherwise, I'll be drinking my meals:mellow:. Its all good though, in the long run it will all pay off.

The hardest part for me was after the 1st week I was tired of the Protein Shakes. I did find a life saver in the form of a 10g Protein shot which mixes well with the strawberry crush packs you can get at the Dollar Tree (that is also where I got the protein shots). I also got orange and pineapple. It made for a less sweet drink which I mixed in 20g protein portions. I sipped on these all day.

The name of the protein is Protein Boost and it has 0 sugar and even tastes good as a straight shot although I prefer mixing them. Hope this bit of info helps gets you through these tough times.

After the first two days I have been fine. I even went to the beach and my family ate after I had my drink and I wasn't tempted. I am literally forcing myself to drink. However,the Protein is making me constipated.

I only have 4 more days! I'm so excited because next year I'll be able to walk the boardwalk without being tired and get out the lazy river without my husbands help.

I'm on my 10th day (out of 15). The Trick for me has been drink non stop: Water, Protein, water, Jello, broth, clear protein, water, protein, jello... like that and i have never been hungry. I also put half a lime or lemon in the broth. Don't let too much time pass between "meals" because it's hard to catch up drinking Protein Shakes. I also put cinnamon in my vanilla shake, I drink premier. You can also buy the Davinci sugar free Syrup (if your dr and nutritionist allow it). Hope it goes well!!!

I've lost 15lbs so far. I'm so excited about this new journey! Four more days to go!

I only have 4 more days! I'm so excited because next year I'll be able to walk the boardwalk without being tired and get out the lazy river without my husbands help.

OMG.. its like the little things that we look foward to, that alot of people who isn't over weight just dont understand. I totally get it because I feel the same way. I'm ready to have the time of my life at an amusement park were I don't have to worry if I'm going to be Embarrassed worrying about if I can fit on the ride or not.

I'm on my 10th day (out of 15). The Trick for me has been drink non stop: Water, Protein, water, Jello, broth, clear protein, water, protein, jello... like that and i have never been hungry. I also put half a lime or lemon in the broth. Don't let too much time pass between "meals" because it's hard to catch up drinking Protein Shakes. I also put cinnamon in my vanilla shake, I drink premier. You can also buy the Davinci sugar free Syrup (if your dr and nutritionist allow it). Hope it goes well!!!

Cool,thank you. I just screen shot this lol. These are great tips I will definitely use. I'm glad you're is going well. Goo d luck on your journey.

6 hours ago, lessoflilo said:

I'm on my 10th day (out of 15). The Trick for me has been drink non stop: Water, Protein, Water, Jello, broth, clear Protein, water, protein, jello... like that and i have never been hungry. I also put half a lime or lemon in the broth. Don't let too much time pass between "meals" because it's hard to catch up drinking Protein Shakes. I also put cinnamon in my vanilla shake, I drink premier. You can also buy the Davinci sugar free Syrup (if your dr and nutritionist allow it). Hope it goes well!!!

Thanks for the tips. I'm on day 2 of 11 all liquid. Just coming off of what my doctor called the "liver shrinking"...that was much easier.

I was required a 1 week liquid diet. Did 1 week clean eating diet followed by a 2 week liquid diet. Did a green Protein Shake in the mornings to help avoid Constipation. 1 small frozen banana, 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach, 1 cup Water, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp of flax seeds, 1 banana Premier Protein shake, 1tbsp PB Fit Peanut Butter, 4 ice cubes. Blended this in a nutri ninja. Provided a thick delicious shake every morning that kept me full til mid afternoon. (39g Protein/10.5 Fiber) The morning shake made about 33 oz. I drank 1/2 early morning, and the other half before lunch. I then followed up with 1 Premier Protein shake (30g Protein) around 3-4 pm, and 16 oz. chicken Bone Broth (18g Protein) at around 7 pm. After that, maybe a sugar free Jello or popsicle for snack around 9pm. This kept me content all day every day, although I admit I had to doctor up the bone broth. Got tired of the same flavor. I lost 23 pounds during pre-op liquid diet, and didn't feel hungry or constipated. (I only lost 2 pounds clean eating the first week for a total of 25 pounds in 3 weeks.)

That's awesome! I put PBfit in a vanilla Premier Protein shake with ice and it's very good. Variety is the key......