Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i had a gastric bypass & sleeve in one operation two weeks ago.. and i hate myself since then

i cant stop crying, i regret it and wish i just could have kept my stomach and my appetite

especially that i wasn't sick at all.. and now i am

cant take my antidepressants coz my stomach cant tolerate medications. cant take my supplements too..

i wish i haven't passed the surgery :'(

i am so weak and cant move and that gets me even more angry

4 minutes ago, Sleeveforme2017 said:

I was the same way at 2 weeks out. Hang in there. It gets better I promise. You'll have no regrets. It took me about 4 wks to start feeling better.

i hope it can get better , i am out of energy 24/7 and can't get out of bed coz of it , cant eat or drink Water

i am in hell literally , i really hope it gets better :'(

Hello,

My surgery was less than 3 weeks ago, and my first week was difficult. I also lack energy, but I am starting to feel better. I tried moving around more to feel physically and mentally better (I started walking). Walking with listening to music really helps me. I think it could be an adjustment phase. If you have major concerns, call you surgeon's office.

I wish you well!

Honestly, call your surgeon and/or psych. Get them together to work out a plan for you. Stopping an antidepressant cold turkey is never a good thing and it can throw you into deep depression, inability to move, terrible muscle cramps, etc. I'm sure there must be some kind of AD that would work! (hugs) and hope you get it figured out!

i had a gastric bypass & sleeve in one operation two weeks ago.. and i hate myself since then
i cant stop crying, i regret it and wish i just could have kept my stomach and my appetite
cant take my antidepressants coz my stomach cant tolerate medications. cant take my supplements too..

I have not had surgery yet, but I do know about antidepressants. If you stop them, esp cold turkey, it won't be pretty. Discontinuation syndrome is brutal. You will feel crazy, anxious, depressed ten fold. I'll bet your misery is exacerbated by not having your meds. I'd recommend contacting your doctor for liquid meds if you haven't already done that. Or talk to my surgeon or psychiatrist. There are other ways to absorb medications other than orally[emoji15]. Hang in there you feel better I!

Are you trying room temp Water or weak tea or broth or popsicles? See if any of those help with fluids.

On 07/08/2017 at 9:02 AM, Maysa said:

Bypass and sleeve? I dont know much but what made you have both? similar weight to you at start.

Anyway you perhaps should have gone to your docs to discuss an alternative anti depressent that can be crushed, or smaller.

Get a pill crusher for sups if they can be crushed.

Life off meds is miserable. I stopped before my surgery. hope your able to get back on them soon

On 8/7/2017 at 11:02 AM, key12 said:

Hello,

My surgery was less than 3 weeks ago, and my first week was difficult. I also lack energy, but I am starting to feel better. I tried moving around more to feel physically and mentally better (I started walking). Walking with listening to music really helps me. I think it could be an adjustment phase. If you have major concerns, call you surgeon's office.

I wish you well!

how you doing now?

i am better , but still my energy is very low and still cant take any medications

On 8/7/2017 at 7:02 PM, FluffyChix said:

Honestly, call your surgeon and/or psych. Get them together to work out a plan for you. Stopping an antidepressant cold turkey is never a good thing and it can throw you into deep depression, inability to move, terrible muscle cramps, etc. I'm sure there must be some kind of AD that would work! (hugs) and hope you get it figured out!

thank you thank you

i am way better now , still physically weak , but getting better i hope

i am not with a psych these days btw

On 8/7/2017 at 7:54 PM, Yettid said:

I have not had surgery yet, but I do know about antidepressants. If you stop them, esp cold turkey, it won't be pretty. Discontinuation syndrome is brutal. You will feel crazy, anxious, depressed ten fold. I'll bet your misery is exacerbated by not having your meds. I'd recommend contacting your doctor for liquid meds if you haven't already done that. Or talk to my surgeon or psychiatrist. There are other ways to absorb medications other than orallyemoji15.png. Hang in there you feel better I!

wish you join us soon 🖒 😃

i am back to one of my ADs already , the thing is where i live "Egypt" there is no many liquid ADs , i guess i am getting better , already ordered my supplements as gummies hope they arrive sound 😃

On 8/8/2017 at 2:41 AM, Sosewsue61 said:

Are you trying room temp Water or weak tea or broth or popsicles? See if any of those help with fluids.

ugh i've come a long way with liquids now , been through dehydration but now i am better

my problem now is my stomach gets empty and asks for food more frequently than i feel like eating

that makes me in pain of hunger with no appetite , and dont know how to fix that

Edited by Maysa

36 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

Life off meds is miserable. I stopped before my surgery. hope your able to get back on them soon

already back to one .. wish me luck 😃

43 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

Bypass and sleeve? I dont know much but what made you have both? similar weight to you at start.

Anyway you perhaps should have gone to your docs to discuss an alternative anti depressent that can be crushed, or smaller.

Get a pill crusher for sups if they can be crushed.

i had them both because i've never been overweight , and still in denial and cant recognize my reflection in the merror , so i wanted to take my gherlin off and reduce my absorption too

something more like duodenal switch but less drastic in malabsorption .. and i am now back to one of my ADs but still cant take any supplements , so i ordered them as gummies .. hope it works