Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthnet

I have Health Net I live in California and they are sending me to UCD med center and my first appt. is on 11/16 I hope it goes as well as yours did Jen93003.

Stacie

I am also in northern California, I will be switching to Healthnet in 08. I am trying to get a jump start on the the 6 month required diet...can anyone give me the details...healthnet is unable to send me anything since I will be with Pacificare till the end of the year. Another question...while I am on the 6 month phsician diet can I proceed with the other tests? any details regarding Healthnet would be appreciated. I am hoping to use Dr. Machado through Sutter Medical Group.

Hi all,

I tried to get HEALTHNET to give me some info but I was told that I would have to see my surgeon and PCP. Now the first person gave me very vague information and this last person told me to go to the dr's first and they will tell me what i need to know.

Thank goodness, I went to my seminar, met the nutritionist(healthnet didnt pay for that), picked a surgeon, and tomorrow my PCP visit. Im hoping I dont have to wait the six months considering my PCP has been telling me for years to lose weight and i've tried, but the weight keeps finding me, lol.

Jen93003, can you tell me what steps you had to take??? I have Healthnet Northeast..thanks

Michelle88 I did not get to choose who I went to my PCP called Health Net and they said I had to go to an approved Health Net doctor that is why I'm going to UCD med center.I live in Camino,CA (Apple Hill)So far Health Net has said I can see the surgeon and then they will decide if it is medically necessary.

Stacie

Stacie-

You live in such a beautiful place!! We just went apple picking last month!! Do you use the Uc davis medical group for routine care? I went to Dr. Machado info seminar last night...I was impressed with her as a surgeon. When you talked to your PCP or the surgeon have they said anything about the 6 month diet? looking forward to hearing from you along this journey.

Michelle

No my Health Net network is El Dorado so I use Marshall medical. so far they have not said anything I see Dr. fuller at UCD on 11/16 my PCP did alot of the blood work and the mama gram and called Health Net to see if I could choose who I went to. I was looking at Dr. Machado also but they said I had to go to UCD. Health Net approved my fist visit to see Dr. fuller very fast I hope they will approve the lap band as fast. The longest wait was Dr. Fullers office they will not make an appt. if you have not gone to there seminar. I had just missed the one in September so I had to wait for the one in October a week later they called and set me up to see him on 11/16 it is a 4 hour appt.

Stacie