Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve is done...now living in fear :(

I was sleeved on 7/24/17 and had no complications. I am following my surgeons plan to a 'T'. The only real "issues" I have had (if you could even call it that) is a MUCH slower resting heart rate (pre-surgery in mid 70's and now in high 40's) and what I am told is normal stomach spasms while drinking my fluids. Anyway, all that consumes me each day is developing blood clot(even tho I walk many times a day and keep active), pneumonia (even tho I use my incentive spirometer several times a day and haven't had any shortness or breath), staple line leak and strictures. I tend to be an over-worrier as it is but I wish I could just enjoy my new sleeve and this gift that has been given to me to start a new healthy like and NOT worry so much!

Lea

HW 282 5' 4" 39 years old SW 264 Sleeved on 7/24/17

Complications with the sleeve are very uncommon. If you are following your surgeons directions then you should have nothing to worry about.
Find something to take your mind off of it. I like to cruise Pinterest for healthy recipes to try. I even like trying new recipes for my family even if I can't eat them- weird I know.
Maybe even find a new hobby unrelated to weight loss. Just a thought.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 196.6 GW 135

26 minutes ago, shericrazylady said:

I was the same about complications for the first week after surgery and Co constantly crying and over emotional that somthing would go wrong I'm over it now haha complications are very rare :)

Sent from my A1601 using BariatricPal mobile app

I remember reading about it and glad you are doing so much better!

If you're on pain meds they can relax you enough to lower your heart rate. I would say the only thing you can do to prevent blood clots is walk, he'll pumps while sitting of need be, if you're in a recliner place a pillow under your legs so they're not compressed against the bar in the leg rest of the chair. And be aware of symptoms of you think you have one to get tested right away. I've had knee in my lung in the past so my surgeon sent me home on Lovenox injections for 4 weeks post op. As far as pneumonia, using your incentive spirometer and walking should do the trick.

That's actually a fear of mine also since I had it done 7/31....another is stretching my stomach again cause I can enjoy 4oz of my liquid meals before I feel full but I'm scared that it may be too much since I've read different allowed oz in a meal

I am literally crying hysterically right this second over these same fears. I was sleeved 8/1/17. I have had a stabbing pain in my left side/rib every time I try to breathe deeply and I swear I'm just going to die of a pulmonary embolism in my sleep. And then I laughed at one point and used my stomach pillow because it's f*cking excruciating and then looked at my pillow and had a wet spot, so now I think I have an open incision or pus because I don't see blood. So now I'm freaking out and my sister is trying to calm me but all i can think it how if I go to the emergency room and nothing is wrong I'm going to feel so stupid.

I am literally crying hysterically right this second over these same fears. I was sleeved 8/1/17. I have had a stabbing pain in my left side/rib every time I try to breathe deeply and I swear I'm just going to die of a pulmonary embolism in my sleep. And then I laughed at one point and used my stomach pillow because it's f*cking excruciating and then looked at my pillow and had a wet spot, so now I think I have an open incision or pus because I don't see blood. So now I'm freaking out and my sister is trying to calm me but all i can think it how if I go to the emergency room and nothing is wrong I'm going to feel so stupid.

Hey. I was sleeved 8/3. A lot of the same fears. Plus I had a similar stabbing awful pain in my left side beneath my ribs. 2 GasX strips worked wonders. Plus, just walking up and down my hallway. Have you tried GasX yet?

I had the unexpected bonus of my period coming early, and the cramping that came with it to add to everything, so it's been a hell of a few days!