Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone having a hard time dealing with all of the new attention? I'm 6 months out.

Tough time dealing with the new attention.

I am definitely! A lot of people who had seen me before or even just my before pictures tell me how pretty or gorgeous I am. This makes me wonder if I'm pretty or if I'm just pretty in COMPARISON to what I was. It is a hard thing to deal with!

No one has paid me any attention yet... Ehh guess it's a good thing. I don't know.

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 181
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

Not really. I love they way I look, I just wish I was able to more normal food. The doctor said my pouch is very small and I have lost the total amount of weight most people lose at the 1 year mark. I am happy, I went from a size 24 to a size 6-8 and loving life. Meals are a challenge for me, but I think of what I looked like and felt like one year ago and I was a mess.

@lisaBme

I guess it depends on the type of attention and if you had attention before.

I always had a big personality, and I have always kind of been the center of attention.

The attention I get now is slightly different but it is not more, if anything in some situations it is less because I fit into normal society so much better.

Can you elaborate?

I guess when you are overweight you are kind of invisible, so now everyone is always commenting in person or in pictures on social media about how much weight I've lost, or how good I look. Just not used to it I suppose. The doctor did warn me, but it's kind of shocking.

It helps to find someone to talk to. Therapists are usually useless for specific weight loss related issues, but they might be able to help you with just general identity issues. I never had good luck, but you might find someone better.

No one has paid me any attention yet... Ehh guess it's a good thing. I don't know.

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 181
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

It took about 50 pounds for anyone to notice me--- yes I find it uncomfortable- I usually change the subject very fast- ask a question about them- people - usually- love to talk about themselves [emoji23]

I've always had compliments when I was fat, and I get even more compliments now thinner. It doesn't bother me because I feel great & people that knew me before I got fat say I look the way I used to look before.

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 145 lbs, now ready to lose 15 more past goal.
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

It got embarrassing for a while, now three years out this has become the new norm. I miss the attention now, sometimes[emoji4]

My weight loss has been officially noticed by the women I work with (from about 2 months post-op) and by my students, but not really from anyone else. Some of my students from 3-4 years back often don't recognise me at first, and do a double-take when they realise it's me. It is heartwarming to hear my students call me "slim" now, even though I'm not, as I'm still obese, and even if and when I get to a normal BMI I will still be considered big by Japanese standards (as I was when I first came here many years ago). The men I know haven't said anything to me unless I bring it up first.

It took about 50 pounds for anyone to notice me--- yes I find it uncomfortable- I usually change the subject very fast- ask a question about them- people - usually- love to talk about themselves [emoji23]

Me too! I do the same thing!

I lost 65 lbs since Surgery in MARCH 2017. I don't mind the attention sometimes. And sometimes it bothers me because I had Co workers tell me I am getting too skinny. Well what is too skinny? I've not even hit my goal weight.
I was told some people are jealous. That is what I don't like.
Don't be jealous ; just be happy for me.

Sent from my D6708 using BariatricPal mobile app