Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everything is being submitted to the insurance and I am waiting on approval. Does anyone have Cigna PPO and have any problems? Does Cigna take a long time or no my doctor said up to two weeks. I am dying I want this over with and know everything went through ok. I have a tentative surgery date for August 24th I am so scared that something goes wrong!!!

On 7/26/2017 at 10:14 PM, graziellabs said:

Everything is being submitted to the insurance and I am waiting on approval. Does anyone have Cigna PPO and have any problems? Does Cigna take a long time or no my doctor said up to two weeks. I am dying I want this over with and know everything went through ok. I have a tentative surgery date for August 24th I am so scared that something goes wrong!!!

I too have Cigna PPO and received a letter saying that they need more info from referring doctor etc... I called my doctor, they say they have to wait til they receive something from insurance stating so. It's been a long waiting game for me.

Everything is being submitted to the insurance and I am waiting on approval. Does anyone have Cigna PPO and have any problems? Does Cigna take a long time or no my doctor said up to two weeks. I am dying I want this over with and know everything went through ok. I have a tentative surgery date for August 24th[emoji16] I am so scared that something goes wrong!!!

I have cigna too. I am also scheduled for surgery August 24th. My surgeon submitted the paper work to the insurance last Monday. So it's been a week and I have not received an answer yet. It is making me so nervous. I also received a letter from cigna asking for more information but my Doctor said not to worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm in the middle of a bullshit waiting game with BCBS FEP. I was scheduled for surgery July 31.

Three weeks ago the scheduler called me and said insurance requires 3 years of weights and was missing 2015. I had a cervical cancer surgery so I emailed that pre-op weight immediately. 2 business days before surgery they call and say surgery is canceled because insurance just called and requires a letter from my psychiatrist. The one they've been paying for for 6 years + the one before + my meds EVERY month. Insurance apparently has 15 days to review.

Tentatively scheduled for August 23 pending insurance approval. These bullshit hoops are exhausting. I need at least a week to fully mentally prepare for surgery.

I know exactly what you mean. I am still waiting on an answer from my insurance. It will be two weeks tomorrow. I am supposed to start my pre op diet this week and I am not even sure if the insurance is going to approve me. Its very frustrating and I feel like my anxiety is running away with me.

I know exactly what you mean. I am still waiting on an answer from my insurance. It will be two weeks tomorrow. I am supposed to start my pre op diet this week and I am not even sure if the insurance is going to approve me. Its very frustrating and I feel like my anxiety is running away with me.

I think I'm going to call my insurance tomorrow and ask to talk to my case manager. I don't have any sort of pre-op diet except eating well and working out but I still need more heads up. Personally, I feel like I need to get in the final headspace of permanent life altering surgery. Sure, my brain knows it's going to happen eventually but I just need a few days to a week to get my life in order.

I suggest calling yours as well. Or at the very least your surgeon's coordinator. I don't know how long your diet is for, but it's seems unnecessary to start it unless you're approved.

I'm waiting on insurance too! I'm scheduled for the 21st, really hoping there's no delay because of insurance. I'm a school teacher and don't want to miss the start of school, at least not to much of it! Good luck!

I'm waiting on insurance too! I'm scheduled for the 21st, really hoping there's no delay because of insurance. I'm a school teacher and don't want to miss the start of school, at least not to much of it! Good luck!

Hi call them... in here too not wanting to miss any work days. Be bless[emoji106]

I have cigna too. I am also scheduled for surgery August 24th. My surgeon submitted the paper work to the insurance last Monday. So it's been a week and I have not received an answer yet. It is making me so nervous. I also received a letter from cigna asking for more information but my Doctor said not to worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

What is your outcome? Did they approve or have more hoops to jumpo thru?

Ta Rena

I finally got approval and I am set for surgery on the 24th. I'm in the middle of my pre op diet now.

I hate waiting, My stuff was submitted last Tuesday and I was denied on Friday due to the Surgeons office not submitting my august appts. Talked to office Monday they submitted it now Aetna is saying they received yet my Drs needs to do a peer to peer.. I don't even know what that is... It's getting old.

I hate waiting, My stuff was submitted last Tuesday and I was denied on Friday due to the Surgeons office not submitting my august appts. Talked to office Monday they submitted it now Aetna is saying they received yet my Drs needs to do a peer to peer.. I don't even know what that is... It's getting old.

It's basically your doctor appealing the denial. Because Aetna had officially denied your request for approval the doctor probably has to formally appeal the decision. It's ridiculous but assuming nothing else is missing you should get approval. Stay on your doctors office to make sure they do the peer to peer