Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Y'all, I am only two days into this 10 day liquid diet and I just feel grumpy and want to hide in the bedroom and sleep till my surgery date. I've had both chicken and beef broth, the Premier Protein shakes, Jello and yogurt, tried cottage cheese but the kind I got was crap. Didn't want. I have tea for Breakfast.< br />
I know - wah wah wah....but the struggle is real, y'all.

Hep me, or just commiserate on how much this sucks with me.

Edited by Half-Tum
addition

You'll start feeling better by the 4th day as your body switches from CHO-burning to fatty acid burning as its main substrate (source of fuel).

The low energy, headaches, shakiness, and other symptoms will disappear if you keep plugging at it. Good luck to you. :)

Oh that's so good to hear - thank you.

Even though I'm hungry and want to shove some food in my mouth, I'm not. Even though my tummy is hungry and my mind feels grumpy, my body kind of feels good. It doesn't feel sluggish and stuffed.

Sluggish and stuffed is ALL my body has felt like lately anyway so it's kind of a relief. I'm going to have to learn and become familiar with my body calling the shots and not my mind.

Or maybe the other way around yet, I'm not entirely sure.

I don't know what to do, as I feel like doing nothing but hiding in a bedroom till surgery.

I have a shortness of temper. I'm grouchy. I don't like to be out of my comfort zone when unfortunately my comfort zone was feeling sluggish and stuffed.

Isn't that sick?

not gonna lie, the liquid diet totally sucks, but it does get better. and like you said, your body will feel better and the scale starts moving down, which was a big inspiration for me. think about all you've been through to get here for motivation to stick with it. and it's okay to be grumpy too, it's not easy but you've got this. hang in there :)

I learned a new word this week, HANGRY! Hungry and angry, :D Maybe not new to others, but I heard this week for the first time.

The first few days just suck. There's no way around it. Try to find something to do to take your mind off it - binge watch something. And know that a year from now, everything will be so different you won't even remember how much this sucked.

This is not getting any better. This sucks so f'ing much. I hate this.

Edited by Half-Tum

I just want something in my friggin stomach so I don't feel so friggin nauseous

you may want to give your surgeon a call to see if there is anything you can eat. sometimes they will allow some carrots or celery. I know it's not much, but it's something to chew and may help you feel a little better.

also, try to avoid your 'snacking habits' (i.e watching tv, sitting on the computer, etc) I did a lot of reading and using my kids coloring books, anything to distract myself from my hunger.

I agree that this is the worst part of the process and you've already made it half way! you can do it!

I'm glad I read this, I'm on day 2 and woke up with a killer headache and nausea. Looking forward to day 4 so I can feel better [emoji3]. I'm lucky that I get to eat one clean meal a day. I savor every bite!

Im on day 3 of 14 day pre op and am totally grumpy. I think my main problem is that I don't have a sweet tooth AT ALL and all these Protein Shakes and greek yogurts are all grossly sweet. Cottage cheese is keeping me sane because it sort of feels like I'm chewing something. I started mixing dill and garlic powder in non fat plain greek yogurt which is so much better to me than all that fake strawberry crap. I'm so jealous of all the people who get to eat one small meal for dinner!

I can relate....except that I don't get to eat anything except the shakes and Jell-O. I just posted this comment on another thread:

The headaches are gone from the first few days of liquid diet but it still pretty much sucks! LOL I'm hungry all the time. Seems like I can't get enough Water to fill me up and quench my thirst. Lots of bathroom breaks! On a positive note, I've been losing almost 2 lbs a day so that's going to get me to my goal. Four days down, nine to go! I made myself a calendar to check off the milestones. That helps when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will try to post a pic of it. It is taking me through August to Labor Day when I go back to regular diet, the Ed Sheeran concert, and a trip to Asheville, NC! Having lots to look forward to makes the liquid diet bearable! 🙂

IMG_3398.JPG