Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When are you guys going to start taking the Vitamins and Calcium? Can we wait to chew them? I hate crushing the pills and eating them :(

Hi sunmeadow, thanks for checking in!
I am able to take in about 8oz of Water today without feeling nausea. My stomach still spasms and tries to force gas out and I feel it getting stuck in my chest but compared to yesterday I am doing much better! I am also still getting gurgles in my throat and my incisions are very painful today. The codeine has helped but is also very painful to take.
Have you been able to get any sleep or walk around? I'm afraid all of my walking has irritater my incisions since I have to walk hunched over. I feel a lot of pressure in my chest and upper back and wonder if it is gas.

That does sound like gas. My surgeon gave me a prescription for simethicone, the same stuff that's in Gas-X, and I haven't really had any gas pains the whole time. Some light pressure behind my sternum while I was in the hospital (where I was also getting the med), but nothing really painful.

My incisions are definitely more painful, well, really just the one. It's been bad enough that I took the pain meds just for that so I could sit up and lie down without wanting to scream. I figure that's what it's for so I'm taking it and it's almost instant relief.

I'm still sleeping a lot, but some of that is probably the pain meds. They definitely put my lights out. I've been trying to walk around the house, but didn't feel up for walking outside yet. Partly because it's unbearably hot and humid, partly because I didn't want to put on the clothes required for going out in public. ;-)

Of course I also got my period today because I'm lucky like that. I'm surprised I didn't get it the day of surgery so I could have one more thing to deal with. Lol. I only get it a few times a year so it really does only show up at the worst times.

I am tolerating liquids pretty well today. I finished a whole Premier by early afternoon. Plus about 8oz of crystal light and a few sips of water. So, I'm still not up to my 7 glass a day target, but I got my Protein in and I'm working on it. Im going to attempt a popsicle shortly after my recent medications have settled.

Hang in there. The worst should be behind us. I'd try to take your pain meds so you can stand up straight when you walk though. They didn't say anything to me about it this time, but I remember them warning me not to walk hunched over after my appendectomy. I don't remember exactly why. My pain meds really do help with the incision pains.

I had a bowel movement today!! lol where else can i share this that people would understand? Ok so heres my honest experience!
day 1: TORTURE
day 2: extremely uncomfortable
day 3: uncomfortable but excited to go home and can start reading and watching tv without being miserable
day 4: Not being too proud to take the oxy if i need it!

I said to my husband on night 1 "if I knew how painful this wouldve been i probably wouldnt have done it" thank god it passed This is my pain..I dry heave and bile or nothing comes up and then my sides are in pain from all the dry heaving! the gas was bad but the gas x strips helped alot!

Now I feel much better and someone sane! How are you guys all doing?

Your timeline matches mine pretty well.
No BM yet though. Lol.
I also managed to avoid actual heaves. As soon as I had an inkling that nausea was coming, I stopped and waited (and suffered) with the kidney pan under my chin until I stopped oversalivating and felt better, usually 1/2 hour or so (in my mind anyway). I SO didn't want to throw up/heave.

I was surprised since so many people made it seem like it was nothing except a little nausea and a few gas pains. It's a bit more than that.

Have you been able to find the gas x strips? They have been a life saver for the gas pains!

FYI, though I got an Rx for simethicone, during my research, I found the strips at Walgreens, but not at cvs.

20 hours ago, sunmeadow said:

Your timeline matches mine pretty well.
No BM yet though. Lol.
I also managed to avoid actual heaves. As soon as I had an inkling that nausea was coming, I stopped and waited (and suffered) with the kidney pan under my chin until I stopped oversalivating and felt better, usually 1/2 hour or so (in my mind anyway). I SO didn't want to throw up/heave.

I was surprised since so many people made it seem like it was nothing except a little nausea and a few gas pains. It's a bit more than that.

Agree 100% I have 3 friends who recently got it done this year and everyone made it sound like it was a breeze ! I was cursing them all on night 1 LMAO

When are you guys going to start taking the Vitamins and Calcium? Can we wait to chew them? I hate crushing the pills and eating them [emoji20]

My plan says to start right away. I'm taking Centrum chewable, which is disgusting and liquid calcium (plus magnesium and D from Solgar), which isn't bad.

I take the centrum before drinking something because it tastes terrible. I'm just sure to chew it up completely.

3 hours ago, sunmeadow said:

My plan says to start right away. I'm taking Centrum chewable, which is disgusting and liquid Calcium (plus magnesium and D from Solgar), which isn't bad.

I take the Centrum before drinking something because it tastes terrible. I'm just sure to chew it up completely.

thanks sunmeadow! I ordered both the calcium and Multivitamin in a liquid form from Amazon. Hopefully it wont be too gross . Im actually starting to enjoy the apple sauce.

Are any of you guys going to put lotion on your skin to firm it and if so, which kind?

14 hours ago, nycteacher said:

Are any of you guys going to put lotion on your skin to firm it and if so, which kind?

I haven't really thought about it but I'll look into it!

How's everyone today?

I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday but i think I took it a little hard this morning because I practically jumped up out of bed and started walking without giving myself a gentle wake-up. I'm still having some gas in my belly and chest after I eat but I was able to drink about 24oz of Water yesterday, some Protein, and a cup of Jello. I saw a recipe where you can put protein right into a box of jello and it masks the taste so i'm excited to try that today. Hopefully will see more improvements from you all. :)

I haven't really thought about it but I'll look into it!

How's everyone today?
I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday but i think I took it a little hard this morning because I practically jumped up out of bed and started walking without giving myself a gentle wake-up. I'm still having some gas in my belly and chest after I eat but I was able to drink about 24oz of Water yesterday, some Protein, and a cup of Jello. I saw a recipe where you can put protein right into a box of jello and it masks the taste so i'm excited to try that today. Hopefully will see more improvements from you all. [emoji4]

I got out of bed without feeling like I was splitting open so it seems like a good day! Lol.

I've been getting my protein in, still with lots of rumbles and gurgles, but no pain. I haven't been getting in all of my fluids so that's my focus for today.

Thanks for reminding me that I bought a bunch powdered jello before my surgery. I have a few of the pre-made cups in the fridge left from pre-op, but I could use a change. I'll have to check out adding the Protein Powder to the mix.

Glad to hear you're doing better.

thanks sunmeadow! I ordered both the Calcium and multivitamin in a liquid form from Amazon. Hopefully it wont be too gross . Im actually starting to enjoy the apple sauce.

Mmm...applesauce. Lol. I'm still on full liquids, looking forward to applesauce on Tuesday, along with pudding and baby food. You couldn't have paid me to eat applesauce before this program, but now I can't wait!

I'm glad you found something. I really struggled with finding a decent multi (never really did), but once my nutritionist told me I only have to do chewable for a few months, I figured I'd stick it out with the Centrum since I already had it. Even though it was on her listing as an option, she was shocked at how few nutrients it has (may be new formula) so she wants me taking two. Maybe I'll switch to liquid when I run out.

I had my sleeve surgery on July 17. Home 2 days later (Wednesday). Been on Clear Liquids most of the week and was able yesterday to advance to my Premier Protein drinks (I got one down) per the doctor's recommendation. Best to all of you fellow July surgery folks!

I had a vsg revision surgery on July 18th. I had my first surgery 6 years ago and I don't think I was mentally prepared and thought it was the answer and not a tool to a healthier me. I had some stretching in the upper stomach that I got fixed. If I can give any advice, stick to the post op program. I am surprised how many different post op plans there are out there. The one I got has me on clear liquids for 2 weeks with no Protein. I have seen others that have them eating pudding 3 days after surgery. So much different information makes your head spin [emoji15]