Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready! July 10 surgery

Last check in complete. Ready for surgery on July 10. Down 14 pounds from liquid diet. Horribly constipated from Protein drinks but otherwise feel great.

Yay! It's just around the corner! Congrats! Mine is a few days later on 7/13. And OMG about the Constipation from the protein. Glad it's not just me, but sorry you went try it too.

14 hours ago, justbrez said:

Last check in complete. Ready for surgery on July 10. Down 14 pounds from liquid diet. Horribly constipated from Protein Drinks but otherwise feel great.

Did your doc allow you to take Benefiber during your pre-op diet? That probably would help with your bowels. I am July 10th too and I am very nervous and excited!

Did your doc allow you to take Benefiber during your pre-op diet? That probably would help with your bowels. I am July 10th too and I am very nervous and excited!

Got permission to start yesterday. Spending the day drinking lots of Water, short walks, and resting. Probably a bit dehydrated from working out in the heat the past week. Just want to be in the best condition for surgery.

Are you ready for tomorrow???!!! I am scheduled for 8:00 am. I am super nervous and a tiny bit excited. I have had some fantasies that involve backing out, but I know that's not going to happen. I had a dream that I lost a ton of weight in my breasts (awesome) but they were left in a conical shape and felt like cellophane. Nightmare!

Are you ready for tomorrow???!!! I am scheduled for 8:00 am. I am super nervous and a tiny bit excited. I have had some fantasies that involve backing out, but I know that's not going to happen. I had a dream that I lost a ton of weight in my breasts (awesome) but they were left in a conical shape and felt like cellophane. Nightmare!

I am ready. Somewhat anxious, but trying to remember that surgery is only one step in this process. Woke up at 7:27 and thought - in 24 hours, I'll be in the OR! Gulp! Well, not gulp, since I won't be able to anymore. [emoji57]

Going to spend today doing laundry and cleaning, staying as busy as possible. Or, maybe sit and stare with numbness. This all feels very surreal right now.

Hello everyone

My surgery is tomorrow also. Very nervous but excited. Going from band to sleeve. I am on liquids until surgery. I go in tomorrow at 9:15, Surgery is at 11:00.

Good luck to all of you!

Hello everyone
My surgery is tomorrow also. Very nervous but excited. Going from band to sleeve. I am on liquids until surgery. I go in tomorrow at 9:15, Surgery is at 11:00.
Good luck to all of you!

Good luck to you! My band was taken out 4 years ago. I'm going in for RNY on Thursday.

Home sweet home! Surgery on 10th, home today (12th). Minimal pain, except if I swallow too much too fast. A sip really is all my baby stomach can handle. [emoji57]. Massive 8 inch hematoma from the bloodthinner shots. Yikes! But just had a shower and now snuggled in the recliner, to spend the next few days sipping, sucking, and walking.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

I had my surgery on July 10th as well! I had thoughts of backing out the night before and also the morning of the surgery! Obviously that didn't happen. Ha Ha. But I was prepared for what was to be expected after having emergency abdominal laparoscopic surgery only 4 weeks prior for my gallbladder - just not the smaller stomach.

QUESTION: Did anyone do a 'carb-loading' prep the night before surgery?

I had my surgery on July 10th as well! I had thoughts of backing out the night before and also the morning of the surgery! Obviously that didn't happen. Ha Ha. But I was prepared for what was to be expected after having emergency abdominal laparoscopic surgery only 4 weeks prior for my gallbladder - just not the smaller stomach.
QUESTION: Did anyone do a 'carb-loading' prep the night before surgery?

I carb loaded with white grape juice the night before.

Well, it appears us July sleeves are on our way. I see my Dr on the 25th of July and will be moved up to some soft foods....YEAH! I am doing well, glad I did it.

Now just slowly getting back to eating again will be exciting. I never thought I could drink so much in my life.

14 hours ago, justbrez said:

So ready for pureed food tomorrow!

Congrats on reaching purees! My puree stage ended yesterday. I ate a lot of cottage cheese and scrambled eggs during purees because my program does not requires those foods to be pureed. I also made chicken salad with chicken that had been through the food processor. That was very tasty and sat well. I start soft solids today. Every food transition makes me a little nervous.

Hi July sleeves. I am doing well also. See the surgeon on Wednesday, "Welcome soft and pureed foods"....It has been easier then I thought, but I still can't believe I did it. I am anxious to get into an exercise program, and to eat some regular food. I did have a bite of mashed potatoes. A bite, was all I could handle. My dr has been gone so my liquid diet is longer then most. I am now 9 lbs away from my goal weight. I can't weight to get the green light for some soft foods. YUM, I never thought I could look forward to something like Cream of Wheat, or cottage cheese.

Glad everyone is doing so well.