Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not ready !! Feeling scared.

Hey guys. I'm schedule for surgery Monday I'm soooo scared and anxious. I know as all surgery they are risk but this is my first time getting surgery. I'm having second thoughts about it. I feel super scared and I'm thinking on backing up . I don't know what to do.

I remember feeling scared too. Just remember why you're doing it! You will be a
Sore afterwards buts that's all you will remember. You will be taken care of and will be so proud of yourself in the end. Remember, it's such a small period of time for prep and recovery compares to.the rest of your life happy with the choices you made! Good luck!

sw: 284
surgery weight: 263
surgery 6/20/17
cw: 258

It's normal to be scared before surgery. Try not to let it overwhelm you. At this point, you've seen a number of doctors that approve this surgery for you and you've done some prep work. You're ready and should do fine. If you back out now I believe you will regret it later and gain even more weight. Good luck!

I was pretty petrified. Not of life after the sleeve but about surgery, recover and possible complications. It's easy for me to say I have no regrets because I (so far) have had no complications and recovery was very easy.
If you have a good surgeon and are healthy you should be just fine. I wouldn't let the fear of surgery stop you.

Hey guys. I'm schedule for surgery Monday I'm soooo scared and anxious. I know as all surgery they are risk but this is my first time getting surgery. I'm having second thoughts about it. I feel super scared and I'm thinking on backing up [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]. I don't know what to do.

I know exactly how you feel, I have never had surgery or been under any Anesthesia. I must admit I had an anxiety attack on Thursday because I was just thinking of it and I don't have a date yet! I don't know your spiritual beliefs, But I had to pray for strength and guidance to know that God is with me every step of the way and this his will that i will have this surgery. I need to let him take the wheel and get me through because I was taking on the burden on my own and it was consuming my thoughts. Yes I'm still nervous, but I'm getting better each day.. that I'm waiting for approval. You will get through it with a good support system and talking it out so it won't overwhelm you. You can do it!

I have had a gallbladder surgery and was put under anesthesia. I was so scared and shaking really bad they ended up giving me a valium and then i was fine. I drifted off quickly and before i knew it i was awake.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:11 AM, noris27 said:

Hey guys. I'm schedule for surgery Monday I'm soooo scared and anxious. I know as all surgery they are risk but this is my first time getting surgery. I'm having second thoughts about it. I feel super scared and I'm thinking on backing up . I don't know what to do.

Did you go through with the surgery? I am really nervous about my upcoming surgery as well. I'm curious to see how you managed. Hope you are well!

Did you go through with the surgery? I am really nervous about my upcoming surgery as well. I'm curious to see how you managed. Hope you are well!

Hi. I know EXACTLY how you feel! I was so scared the few days before my surgery that I almost backed out. But then I realized that I was MORE scared of what my life was going to be like if I didn't have the surgery. My pain would only get worse, my bp would get worse, as well as my cholesterol and I' d probably end up diabetic. I had my surgery on June 14, and I'll be 100% honest with you...it hurt like Hell when I first woke up! They gave me pain meds and for the rest of the time I was in the hospital, I only had Tylenol. I was nauseaus 2xs (no vomiting) not much gas either. I am now 31lbs down and the pain is gone, my bp is the lowest it's ever been. The only issue I have, is that I'm SO TIRED OF EATING MEAT!!! I want carbs! But, I know thats what got me here in the first place.
You can do it, don't let your fear keep you from the life you want...and deserve! Good luck!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app