Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP ANYONE AND EVERYONE NEED ADVISE

I had the gastric sleeve Nov of 2012, I was 220 lbs. and as of today I'm 190 lbs... I've only lost 30 lbs. but I'm thankful I got it less I might be on my 600 lb. life show.. I did drink colas but quit 2 years ago and went to tea. I don't drink any Water but I have tea all day long with sativa. I'm trying to quit tea and go to water but it's hard.. I was hooked on sweets and ate them all day long but never gained a pound and never lost one either,, so I stopped the sweets thinking maybe I'd loose but everything stayed the same. I eat meat all the time I eat no fruit and no veg. and I don't want any, I have never ate that stuff in my life, I'm 60 years old and never had a salad in my life. if I get a hamburger it's meat and bread and now I think bread is a waste of my stomach pouch so I just do the meat most of the time I don't know what to do to loose weight..is water the key... I just stocked up on Protein Drinks and gonna pretend I just got the operation and try to start again.. if anyone has any bright ideas please let me know.. I don't know what's wrong with me and I can't ask a dr. because I had it done in Mexico and I know they did it because I can't hold much but it seems I eat all day long just small amounts but I am a grazer. anyone know how to get a x-ray of stomach just so I can compare with mine when I had it done to see if it's the same.... wish I could get the operation again but don't think there's much to cut out now., maybe I'd should get the whole stomach takin out.. I just don't get it....HELP...karensuue@yahoo.com

I am glad you are seeking help. Does your insurance cover bariatrics, check and see if you can get your primary doctor to refer you to the nutritionist. Get a blood workup that shows whether you have vitamin/mineral deficiencies.

What are the rules for eating w the sleeve?

Protein first - lean dense protein, 60-100grams. Do you weigh/measure/track your daily intake? No drinking during meals or after meals for at least 30 minutes. Fluid intake at least 64ozs, do you track that? How many calories a day are you eating?

No grazing all day - you admitted you do this so you know it's wrong. Plan 3 meals w protein and 2-3 planned Snacks. And vegetables are proper nutrition your body needs. Also Vitamins and supplements, Calcium.

I'd make sure to track everything you eat so you know how many calories you're consuming and how many carbs. Set a goal and stick to it. Easy right :) I know it's hard but your sleeve should help you, agree with getting Protein in first to fill you up and make sure to walk 30 minutes a day.

14 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

I am glad you are seeking help. Does your insurance cover bariatrics, check and see if you can get your primary doctor to refer you to the nutritionist. Get a blood workup that shows whether you have vitamin/mineral deficiencies.

What are the rules for eating w the sleeve?

Protein first - lean dense Protein, 60-100grams. Do you weigh/measure/track your daily intake? No drinking during meals or after meals for at least 30 minutes. Fluid intake at least 64ozs, do you track that? How many calories a day are you eating?

No grazing all day - you admitted you do this so you know it's wrong. Plan 3 meals w protein and 2-3 planned Snacks. And vegetables are proper nutrition your body needs. Also Vitamins and supplements, Calcium.

No ins. but glad you reminded me of things like the drinking with meals, and I do need some blood work done, seem to have no energy too so think I'm lacking in something.. thanks for responding.

5 hours ago, tabula said:

I'd make sure to track everything you eat so you know how many calories you're consuming and how many carbs. Set a goal and stick to it. Easy right :) I know it's hard but your sleeve should help you, agree with getting Protein in first to fill you up and make sure to walk 30 minutes a day.

Like the walking was doing 2 miles a day and quit now I walk 2 minutes and can't breath, so I think it's time to pull the walking shoes back out and get started. Thanks for the kick in the rear.. lol

Do you take Vitamins every day? That will help with your energy. Also, if you lose your breath after walking a couple minutes, you should have a check up with your doctor just to make sure you are OK to start a walking routine.

Cut out all breads and sugars. Stick with meats, eggs, and veggies (or Protein shakes) for your meals. Have nuts and greek yogurt for Snacks. No more sweets. No more grazing. There's nothing wrong with drinking Decaf iced tea for your fluids.

I know it's hard. We have all struggled with food. Get your eating under control and I think you will start to see some changes. :)

What is your exercise routine? You have to keep the engine pumping in order to burn calories.

You may want to see a doctor to make sure the shortness of breath is related to weight verses something related to your heart or lungs. But definitely back to the basics should help and it sounds like the biggest issue would be the grazing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, shannybananny71 said:

Do you take Vitamins every day? That will help with your energy. Also, if you lose your breath after walking a couple minutes, you should have a check up with your doctor just to make sure you are OK to start a walking routine.

Cut out all breads and sugars. Stick with meats, eggs, and veggies (or Protein shakes) for your meals. Have nuts and greek yogurt for Snacks. No more sweets. No more grazing. There's nothing wrong with drinking Decaf iced tea for your fluids.

I know it's hard. We have all struggled with food. Get your eating under control and I think you will start to see some changes. :)

I do take prenatal Vitamins and a B12 shot every 2 weeks

3 hours ago, hmills653 said:

You may want to see a doctor to make sure the shortness of breath is related to weight verses something related to your heart or lungs. But definitely back to the basics should help and it sounds like the biggest issue would be the grazing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

think i'll get a notepad and start keeping track of my food.. i'm just hoping to re start this thing.