Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my sx was May 31. I feel amazing. So far I am down from 270 to 250. However, the past week and a half my scale has not moved! I have been drinking Water and following my diet very strict. I do see changes in my body atrophy but the scale still freaks me out. It makes me get that feeling when prior to sx, dieting and working out... stepped on the scale and I'd see no improvements. Has anyone else had this experience. It makes me feel like failure :( I know I sound ridiculous, but I walk 2 miles a day, I'm super active bf I drink about 80ml of water a day.

Edited by AmandaTherese

It's just your body adjusting to everything. You will have stalls, no ifs or buts about it. If you have lost 20 in 2 weeks, You have lost 20 in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! Think about that. When was the last time you lost 20 in 2 weeks? Give your body time, and as long as changes are happening in your body, it's normal. I was on a 2 week stall and lost a whole clothing size.

I can sympathize, I'm currently in a stall and feel it's going to be a longer one. I just started working out and haven't adjusted my caloric intake for it. I'm hoping it's because I'm not eating enough, consistent at eating 900 cals but probably burning an extra 300 from exercise. Going to try to go up to 1,200 and see what happens.

Good luck, keep going, I'm sure it'll move again, so many people on here talk about stalls at different points in their journey.

Also, sounds like you're doing well, my guess is your scale is broken :)

Stalls suck to put it bluntly but they are a part of the process and completely normal. I've stalled pretty much every month during this process for 1-2 weeks and I've still managed to lose 63 pounds in 5 months. The weight will come off, just focus on making good habits now and sticking to them.

I got sleeved a few days prior and I've lost 25 pounds. I'm hoping to lose another ten before the end of the month. I've seen stalls. Mainly because I couldn't have a bowel movement. After drinking some dieters tea it helped. Are you regular? Stay with the plan. It'll work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using BariatricPal mobile app

I am definitely in the same boat--sleeved on May 24th and since then have lost only 10 pounds. I have been in a stall for the last 2 weeks. Everyone says this is normal and that I should continue to stick with it. Let's all promise each other we will and report back when this blasted stall passes!!!

VSG: 5/24/2017
HW: 234
Pre-op: 226
CW: 213.8
GW: 155

I am just reposting this because I don't have enough time to write it again but I want to help.

My surgery was 10/10/16, I've had more stalls than active weight loss weeks. Yet here I am in a size 14 about to move to a size 12 (edit, update, this post is originally from about 5-6 weeks ago. I'm now moving from a size 12 to a size 10 but I'm only 6 lbs lighter than when I posted this...to give you an indication of the scale is not the full story). They aren't stalls, I call them Pauses. Nothing's stopped, your body is still working, you have done so much to it, it needs a little time. The first 6-12 weeks are about recovery and healing. You will lose weight but your body is also in shock, it will retain Water, be swollen, sore and need time.

But then it will happen again and you won't have a good reason. You will be following all the protocols and you will be walking and drinking your Water and hitting your Protein goals and yet you will hit another Pause. You need to be mentally prepared for that. It's not all a down slope.

So to prepare you need to do a few things:

• Measure yourself, your head (yes, you lose weight there) your neck - super satisfying to watch it shrink, your biceps, your forearms, your writs, hell - measure your fingers too and your palm, your breast, under your breasts, your waist, your hips, your thighs, etc. All the way to your toes.
    • Then do that about once every few weeks or so.
    • And then when you hit another plateau you pull out that sheet and measure yourself again and see that your body is still changing and evolving. The scale does not tell the whole story.
  • When I get discouraged I like to take a few moments and feel the changes in my body. I run my hands along my feet and ankles, my calves and knees. I feel the bones and muscle revealing themselves. I wrap my fingers around my wrist and feel how much smaller they are now. I run my hands along my forearms on the outside and feel my bones up to my elbow. I run my hands along my collar bones, revel in the fact I have them now! I continue on up my neck, circling it with my hands to feel how small it is now and then along my jaw bone, a bone I haven't seen in decades. I take these moments and remind myself how great this is and how great I'm doing even if I don't believe it in that moment.
  • I move. When I'm discouraged I now move. I used to eat. Now I want to remind myself how much easier it is to move. So I go for a very vigorous walk, I put on the happiest, bounciest, fasted rhythmed music I have and get to steppin! Blast that brain with some oxygen, sun, music and endorphins.

There are going to be MANY pauses and stalls and plateaus. It's our job to prepare your coping tools and mechanisms so that you can self-sooth and re-motivate without need for food or a serious mental adjustment. Before I let myself get that far I use these methods. They work for me, you will find what works for you hopefully. Good luck and congratulations!!!

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

Hi AmandaTherese, I am in the same boat as you. I too had the surgery on May 31 and I was at 277 and now stuck at 250. The scale does not move up or down. I'm scared I am doing something wrong. I am following the plan my doctor laid out but no change. I'm scared that this was a waste and the surgery didn't work on me. I do see some changes to my body and I am fitting into close that I couldn't before. But, I am like you. I want to see the change on the scale.

Keep me updated if it gets better. I hope it does.

Or. This is my take ;
Put that scale away til Friday (any day you choose)am for a week or two and see if that helps your head. This is a long term project. Breathe. Drink Water and eat Protein and do the best you can to move. Best to you