Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

What a great blessing to find you all here. I have found a great deal of information and support from another local site or 2, but really was missing my christian "sisters" as part of my support.

I've been reading the posts for a few weeks here, and decided this would be my main support forum. I have read stuff on other forums that has been very discouraging and so unpleasing to God, so I am very grateful to connect with you all.

I was banded in May of this year, and have lost 50 lbs, and have 70 to go. I have hit a plateau this past week and a half, and have scheduled my 3rd fill in another 2 weeks. What an incredible journey!

I would love to pray for other bandsters, and lend an ear and support.

God bless you all, and remember...

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..."

hugs...

Your

soulsister

welcome to the newbies!

I have a PRAISE REPORT!!!! God is soooooooo good! I posted a week ago...pretty discouraged, eating way too much. Well, I prayed for days for things to get better, for the band to work, and for me to work with it well.

So, I had an appt Monday, and I had lost 2 lbs since my appt 3 weeks earlier (i had my first fill then). Bummer, only 2 lbs, but I was happy it was a loss and not a gain. He put 2 more cc's in my band Monday. He says he normally only puts 1, but he wanted to get things moving for me. ( i had been honest with him about how much i could, and did eat)

I finally have restriction!!! Yeah, me!! To be honest, even at his office when he had me drink Water after the fill, I could already tell with the water...but I wasn't saying anything...I didn't want him to think about taking any out!! I wanted to see how it went.

I have read many posts about restriction, but I don't think I ever noticed it explained. For me, it is almost like I feel like the food goes down really slowly. Almost like it stays right past the back of my throat for a while. Yesterday, it probably took me 45 minutes to eat my meals, which is good for me...as I was eating way too fast. Tonight I got in a hurry to eat so I could be to church on time. BIG MISTAKE! I now know what sliming is. I probably took 2 bites before it started. When the food is "stuck", I feel like I have to burp alot (not PB, just air burp) and swallow alot. Well, I think I swallowed so much that I couldn't anymore, and I thought I was going to throw up. I didn't want to, but I had a lot of pain in my chest, and I just thought I had to, and there actually came a point where I had no choice...it was coming, like it or not. So, when I did, it was the "slime" I have read so much about. At the time I was thankful because it was really fast, and it made me feel better immediatley, but once I got to church, I kept having the urge to burp (not a loud one, just the one that's "to yourself"), and swallow. I ended up going to the bathroom about 4 times, and it was finally better about an hour after it started. I don't mean to gross you out, but I never really knew what to expect, so I thought someone might want to know.

I'm sure I will learn REAL QUICK that I can't eat fast, or too big of bites. Even though when food gets stuck, and it's uncomfortable, that's just me having to change old habits, I am so thankful that I'm already seeing the scale go down again. I was hanging out at 235 before my surgery and I'm pretty sure I'll be in the 2-teens tomorrow a.m. So anxious to get below the 220's.

Thanks everybody for being here, listening, and giving support. We didn't stumble upon this by accident! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

I just got back from my children's church camp. What a blessing! While i was there, I met another lady who was banded last Oct by my surgeon! It felt really good to actually meet someone else face-to-face, away from home, who is going thru the same thing! She knew exactly what and how much to put on my plate. I did have a thing of light tuna and crackers for a hotdog fill in. I do admit to eating one Snickers bar and a half pack of peanut M&M's. I think that was very good considering working the consession stand 3x's a day while there. For the past 3yrs, I would induldge in a snack and soda each time. One day I was famished so I ate the whole hamburger, but NO fries!! other than that, I limited myself to one pancake, one french toast, 2 cx nuggets with no mashed potatoes. I did enjoy about 1oz of mac and cheese!! God allowed me control and showed me i can do it!! PTL!!! I was also able to wake up an hr earlier than the kids to do my 2mile walk. And I'm sure walking back and forth from dorm to chapel and dinning hall, I walked 2 more each day.

Woo Hoo!! Great job ladies!

I got my 2nd fill yesterday, my first was 2 weeks ago and I lost 7 lbs since then! She gave me only .5cc's, just a tweak as I was beginning to be able to eat more. And I'm down 2 more today! PTL!!

I would like some prayer, however. I did find out yesterday I am going to have surgery again, only 2 mos post band. I am having gall bladder issues and my surgeon recommends removal. They are going to be calling me with a surgery date, but probably in the next couple weeks. I'm thankful my band surgeon can do it. That's what he used to do before concentrating solely on bariatrics but still performs general surgeries and his patients.

Woo Hoo!! Great job ladies!

I got my 2nd fill yesterday, my first was 2 weeks ago and I lost 7 lbs since then! She gave me only .5cc's, just a tweak as I was beginning to be able to eat more. And I'm down 2 more today! PTL!!

I would like some prayer, however. I did find out yesterday I am going to have surgery again, only 2 mos post band. I am having gall bladder issues and my surgeon recommends removal. They are going to be calling me with a surgery date, but probably in the next couple weeks. I'm thankful my band surgeon can do it. That's what he used to do before concentrating solely on bariatrics but still performs general surgeries and his patients.

You are totally in my prayers today...

Up here, the wait list for gal-bladder removal was 6-12 months, unless it's emergency. I'll pray that your surgery goes quickly and smoothly.

God bless

SoulSister

Just wanted to give encouragement to everyone. It has been a while since I posted. I went on vacation to Hawaii for a few weeks and have been bombarded with my schedule since my return. Today I get to Celebrate losing 35 pounds in 92 days and I couldn't be more thankful!! A few people have recently noticed and now I am walking around with only 1 1/2 chins instead of 3!!! Thank God for HIS blessings and the advances in medicine to give me a wonderful chance of trying this whole thing over again...........Stay with it ladies, it does work!!!

Congrats, numbrgrl!!

I got my surgery date for my gall bladder. It is to be Friday morning (the 8th) at 730am. I'd appreciate all the prayers! In the mean time I've lost 4 lbs since my fill!! One and a half more and I hit the big 5-0!!!

Long2bThin ...congradulations !! you are doing great. Be excited and proud of what you have accomplished. Know in your heart that we will all be here for you. Try to remember, if you find yourself hitting little bumps, share them...the don't have to become mountains. Marilyn

Prayers will be on there way ..You are in his hands and I love this site .

It has adressed all my worries and concerns ..

He is AMAZING and not only gives us this wonderful tool but the friends to walk with too ..

Thank-you everyone ... I am calling today for my third fill ..I need it big time...

EPH 2:8,9

Hey soulsister, I was also banded in May I will have my 3rd fill in 2 days I have lost about 27 lbs and am trusting the Lord for help and strength to continue to loose. I have about 50 lbs to go. I feel very good sometimes a little bored with the food but trying to add variety. I pray the Lord will bless you with great success. KC hoping

Greeting all, i need prayer big time! i was banded 5th of may this yr, and lost 27 pounds todate, the sad part is i loose than turn right back around and gain it im in 4cc band and maxed on my fills i dont know what to do i walk 2mils on my off days, i work 12hr shift which im on my feet to add to 2-3miles per shift .keep me in prayer, everyone should loose a min of 1 pound per week or 2 im not close at all

So Sad

Marie

MZreeda, my thoughts and prayers for you, and everyone else! Satan is really trying his best this week. The good sign to that, it only means we're praying harder than ever!!

I go for my 2nd fill next Tuesday and boy do I need it. I've stayed at same weight for past 2wks. That isn't what bothers me though, it's the not being satisfied with my usual 1/2cup per meal anymore. It all works together. I've slacked on my Protein and exercise this week which in turn has made me lazier, increased my Hair loss, and feel hungrier! I did my 30mins walk and strength exercises yesterday so hopefully back on track. I don't want to feel a failure at my apt next week. Let's keep the prayers up and the Devil insane!!!