Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

It's definitely great to read eveybody's posts. Say a prayer for me folks, as I go under the knife this Friday. I know the lord gave me his okay. I was in tears as I was reading the success stories of others who had the surgery and just cried out to the lord. I was tired of being fat and have been since my early teens. I know it will take more than just the band and frankly, need to pray God helps me with the reasons as to why I turn to food, instead of him for life's troubles. By the way folks, what is the average amount of fills one needs to have? I want to loose 90lbs.:eek:

Hello Dear Sisters and Brothers,

I was so encouraged by your words written in response to my introduction post titled " a sense of peace". I am ashamed to admit that I am technologically challenged, so it's difficult to figure out how to respond to individuals. For now, I guess I'll just lurk and post openly.:ranger: However, individual "chat" might be enlightening as I have so many questions and concerns. Somethings I've been wondering about are: is it possible to have lap band under an epidural anesthia?(sp?) I had a horribe reaction to an intervenious drug while underging my last C-section. I actually had a "mini" out of body experience but was able to cue the anestheologist who immediately shut down the drug and countered it with something else and oxygin. :sick It scared the daylights out of me and I've been terrified of OR drugs ever since. Also, has anyone ever considered having the band removed after losing all the weight and following a strick WW type diet for life. The latter question sounds so stupid. If we could do that why would we need surgery, right? It's just a thought. I've often daydreamed of being able to do any diet if I weren't so big. It's the vicious cycle syndrom that keeps me fat.....or is it? Just thought I'd get 2 of my dumbest questions out of the way early on. Thanks and God bless your day!

PS please excuse my horrible typing/spelling. I'm lazy when I'm "off the books".

God's girl,

Linda<><

Joyross,

I too am self pay. My insurance didnt pay anything on the banding, nor will it pay if there are complications. That was a concern of mine, however, I am placing my full trust in the Lord and will not allow the fear of complications overtake me.

Dear ParaGirl,

Thanks for your comment, I have much more peace of mind after Wombat gave me some info. on the no insurance front. Go back and read, with information I really feel as though the Lord has given me peace. I want to pay my debts, but not to have my private life rifled through and my assets removed from me.

:) Wombat Thanks ever so much for your words of wisdom, and information. You have helped to calm my heart and made the decision to continue with LB much simpler. Thank you again. May God Bless you real good!! Now I can sleep easier....:notagree

Do any of you live in the Maryland/Delaware area?

Hi Allheart! I live in MD...Southern MD to be specific. I'm about an hour south of Washington, D.C.

Linda - I have not considered removing my band when done. I want to keep it right there to keep me from gaining the weight back!! As long as it's not hurting me, it can stay!! Especially as I get older, my metabolism will slow even more, so I want to have the ability to tighten it up if necessary :)

Joy - You are such a sweetie :( I thank God that my words have brought you some comfort. That's what we are all here for - to follow in His will and to help/support our fellow Christians!! Praise God!!

Rumar - I'm SOOO happy everything is working out for you!! You have most definitely been prayed for and now blessed!

God is SO good!! I pray you all have a fabulous day and that our Father will watch over us this evening as we Celebrate the ringing in of the new year.

I pray, dear Heavenly Father, that each one of us will be Blessed in the coming year with your infinite wisdom and grace. You are the creator of all things including this blessing of a band that you have given us. My hope and prayer is that each of us will have a closer walk with You and allow You to be the controller in our lives. In Your name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

UpDate...I had my surgery the 18th of Dec, all went well, the first few days was somewhat rocky because me and the lovely gas they use to blow up your stomache didn't do will with my system, But all is well now, it is sure did give me peace knowing the Lord was right there beside me. Tomorrow will be week 2, I've lost 19 pds post op, I can't tell you how much better I feel already. I want to wish everyone a Blessed New Year! I prayer for this list constantly and I'm thankful for it. Good Blessing your way for all who are having there surgery. Peace be to you all in the new year!

Hello out there, I am a Christian, and had my lapband done last Dec. I did pretty good for awhile . Lately I am not doing so good with the junk food. I have to go back to see my doctor the 22nd of January and am pretty sure that I will get a fill. I don't have alot of fill in right now. I got kind of scared of getting too much fill after having a problem one time with too much restriction. Anyhow I would really really love to hear from any and all people out here. I sure could use some support.

BTW my name is Donna and as I said I am in NH. had the lapband done Dec of 2006 so has been a whole yr. cannot believe it but it has. I am disappointed that I didn't lose all my weight yet . SO if I could get some support here I sure would appreiciate it.

Please email me and I promise to answer, not always on this site. My email is Mammysm@aol.com I will be waiting to hear from you...Donna

Good morning everyone, I've been "lurking" around, just haven't posted lately. It's so good to see the new post on here. WELCOME:clap2:. God is so good and we can be so effective in numbers praying not only for each other, but for everyone that needs the Lord. Congratulation on everyones weight loss. I have never been jealous of anyone or anything cause I know what God has for me-IS for me. I have lately been sort of jealous of a friend that had LB surgery about the same time I did and she is losing weight a LOT faster than me. I don't have as much restriction as she does, but the weight is coming off her like sweat. I WANT that too. She is so sweet and she doesn't know how I feel (I am so proud of her). Please pray for me. I have a appt this month and I'm hoping that I can get more restriction. Our dr is not as aggressive as some of the other dr's that I have read on this site. I exercise (not a whole lot over the holidays) and I'm trying HARD to eat properly. We live in a small town and to go to a gym is next to impossible. I walk everyday, but I heard that we shouldn't do the same exercise everyday because we get at a plateau. I have tapes and I have a bike, but I haven't ridden it yet. What exercise does everyone else do?

Your Sister in Christ

As we persevere on this journey, consider Malachi 3:3, which says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says:

"He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver." She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time.

The man said yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, 'How do you know when the silver is fully refined?'

He smiled at her and answered, Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it.'

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has his eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.

:amen:

emp

Good People, your contributions to this thread have been an inspiration and comfort to me. I offer you this story in return.

Anne.

Anne - that was beautiful! My pastor actually did this as well and did a series of being in the Refiner's Fire after visiting a silversmith. So touching to know you have God's attention directly on you :)

2bemeagain - I don't do a lot of exercise yet. I just started on trying to jog by doing the Couch to 5K plan from Cool Running :: running run training marathon runners jogging jogger joggers runner run fitness exercise diet weight loss nut...

I've ordered a workout for overall toning that is low impact (I have arthritis) and should be getting that in the mail soon :)

I occasionally do planks to strengthen my stomach. My port is really high so crunches pop my port against my rib.

And, lastly occasionally some push ups - I'm really hoping to get rid of the back fat (YUCK!)

I really wish that I could find the love for exercise that so many on here have!!

hugs & prayers

wombat

I am so glad to see this thread too! I answered a post about being afraid of death and was blasted by another member because I said that I believed that if it was our time we would go regardless of the circumstances.

I am glad to know there ARE other people who also feel that our lives are directed by GOD!!!

Hi Candy!!! Welcome Welcome :)

No blasting here - just prayers, support and uplifting! Praise God :)

What stage of your post-op diet are you on? Solids yet? When is your first fill?

Hugs and prayers,

wombat