Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since my surgery last Thursday I have had problems with Constipation that were causing lots of pain so I followed my doctor's advise and used Miralax. I finally had a bowel movement this morning but now I have pain from that since my gut is so sensitive. I am currently laying in the couch, about to cry and feeling so guilty because it's been 4 days since I have been home and have not been able to meet one single goal of either Protein or Water or Vitamins. I feel like such a failure :(

Your are not a failure. It is probably really bad gas. I had the same issue and it was coming out of both ends at the same time. Try to walk as much as you can, that is what I did. The beginning is always hard. Do not expect to be able to drink much, small sips all day. I only was able to handle chewable vitamins for about 3 months. You should start feeling better in a couple of weeks. That was my major issue, gas and not being able to go to the bathroom. Once you are able to handle more, your bowels will come around . I had my surgery 11.9.16 was a size 22 I am now a size 8. I take Miralax a scoop everyday in my morning Protein Shake. Just think of what you will look like when a couple of months. Try to keep you chin up, this shall pass. I look at myself in the mirror and do not even recognize myself.

Don't feel bad about it. You can only do what you can. They want so much but you can only take but so much in at a time. I'm still having trouble getting everything in but I only take in what my body will allow. I do my best, and even if your best isn't much... You still tried. Don't push yourself, it may lead to you getting sick.

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 197
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

Hi. I had surgery 5/31. Same problem here. I can't take I that much. When I try it hurts like a stabbing in my stomach. The surgeons nurse over the phone was very form about how I'm not drinking enough and need to stop the pain meds and should be moving my bowels etc. I am taking sips as I can and pushing myself in a sense to keep getting sips in but it hurts to try and get 8 oz an hour. I saw the surgeon today and he said just keep trying and it will continue to get easier. He also said if I'm in pain and med to take the pain meds then do so. The nurse told meI needed to take milk of mag. I did and woke up at 3 am with watery stools. Miserable. I don't think I've had enough to need to go just yet. IDK. But if it helps whenI feel like I've drank too much and have that stabbing and pressure in my stomach, I'll get up and walk and it seems to help some. I figure if I do what I can and listen to my body if I feel like I'm getting dehydrated I'll call my doctor.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, you can only do so much before your body tells you "enough". Yesterday I know that I pushed myself too much and here I am today, back on pain meds and unable to move much at all, let alone eat or drink much. I can only take about 3 sips of Water at a time before I get pain and nausea in my stomach so how the heck am I supposed to get 64oz minimum in, plus Protein Shakes and pureed foods in just one day?! I just keep trying and trying. I figured, right now, the most critical part is to stay hydrated, so that's what my focus is. After all, I am still Pooh sized enough that my body can take nutrients from all that fat that I have been providing for it for a doomsday like today. If anything, I am a doomsday prepper!

I am 5 weeks out since surgery and still not getting in 64oz of Fluid nor 60grm of Protein. I'm not in pain but just some days don't want that much and gag a lot if I force myself.

Surgery: 5-8-2017
Weight: 312
Surgery day: 300
Current: 273

It's very comforting to know that what t I am going thru is relatively normal. I wake up every morning thinking "today is the day I am doing it alright!" and then all hell breaks loose. I am not nauseous (unless I drink too much to quickly) and luckily I have not had any dumping but still... I want to get it right. I guess I am maybe being too hard on myself? I just want to feel good again.

I know the feeling. I've been craving normalcy. Don't expect so much of yourself, you're just starting out. From what I've learned it's a gradual process. Can't do everything at once.

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 197
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

Yeah, you can only do so much before your body tells you "enough". Yesterday I know that I pushed myself too much and here I am today, back on pain meds and unable to move much at all, let alone eat or drink much. I can only take about 3 sips of Water at a time before I get pain and nausea in my stomach so how the heck am I supposed to get 64oz minimum in, plus Protein Shakes and pureed foods in just one day?! I just keep trying and trying. I figured, right now, the most critical part is to stay hydrated, so that's what my focus is. After all, I am still Pooh sized enough that my body can take nutrients from all that fat that I have been providing for it for a doomsday like today. If anything, I am a doomsday prepper!

From my experience I was never able to get the 64 ounces of water! It took 1 year post op before I could drink 1/2 a cup. Just sip water and Protein shakes during the day. Protein and chewable vitamins most important at the early stages. It gets easier!!