Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PROTEIN SHAKES & NUTRITION Pre/Post-Op

Here's what I'm using for shakes. This makes two 16oz Protein Shakes with around 200 cal 30 g of Protein and 15 g or less carbs. Add ice or Water until just over 32oz & blend. Two scoops of each powder, & 2 cups of most fruit blends keep you in the right range for carbs. Check first so you don't go over. Garden Of Life also has many nutients & 50 fruit and vegetable super foods. Drink one & save one for later. I called my nutritionist a couple of weeks ago when I was feeling nauseous and my brain is foggy I was also very weak. He told me to use all the 15 g of my carbs and said I was going through carb withdrawal. You can mix any fruit you want into the shakes as long as you know you're at 15 carbs. A lot of these ready-made shakes have no nutrients. These powders are plant-based & they're filled with nutrition. It's also a nice switch if you're tired of the others. These powders are available at most grocery stores Fred Meyer and costco. I don't cheat because I never want to do this again. It's not worth the possibility of being rescheduled.

IMG_0961.JPG

My doctor recommended the Premier Protein shakes it has 30g Protein, 160 calories and 1g carb. I haven't tried it yet, I just picked up tonight banana and cream flavor so I will find out tomorrow if it tastes yummy. That's great your staying focus, motivated and making the right choices.

This is a fantastic post. So many vegans ask what to do about Protein Shakes and you just gave them an excellent start @SEAHAWKS FAN!. I wish we could pin this somewhere for them.

My doctor recommended the Premier Protein shakes it has 30g Protein, 160 calories and 1g carb. I haven't tried it yet, I just picked up tonight banana and cream flavor so I will find out tomorrow if it tastes yummy. That's great your staying focus, motivated and making the right choices.

Carmel flavored is also so good. Very smooth.

6 hours ago, Navigating the Wilderness said:

This is a fantastic post. So many vegans ask what to do about Protein Shakes and you just gave them an excellent start @SEAHAWKS FAN!. I wish we could pin this somewhere for them.

I'm also vegan. This of course has to be blended well & should be ran by your own dietician. If for some reason you can't add the fruit the powder alone works with unsweeted almond/cashew milk. My dietician encourages using all 15 g of carbs to avoid carb withdrawal. Enjoy! You can copy & paste the entire post picture included. Someone said they can't have fruit which I don't get as long as it's blended into your shake & is liquid my dietitian said go for it!

6 hours ago, Navigating the Wilderness said:

Thanks!

Edited by SEAHAWKS FAN!
Duplicate post

7 minutes ago, Navigating the Wilderness said:

Bonus for picking two containers that are Seahawk's colors.

Did I do that? Must just know the colors of greatness!

Of course! I'm really just an NFL fan but my SEAHAWKS take precedence over any other team. I will say I liked the Patriots a lot more several years ago though.

I'm also vegan. This of course has to be blended well & should be ran by your own dietician. If for some reason you can't add the fruit the powder alone works with unsweeted almond/cashew milk. My dietician encourages using all 15 g of carbs to avoid carb withdrawal. Enjoy! You can copy & paste the entire post picture included. Someone said they can't have fruit which I don't get as long as it's blended into your shake & is liquid my dietitian said go for it!

I also can't have fruit on the pre op [emoji53]

14 minutes ago, starfishwish said:

I also can't have fruit on the pre op emoji53.png

That sucks! If you have carb limits that aren't met you should be able to add something like fruit to bring it up as long as it doesn't throw off your calories. Did they tell you why you couldn't have Blended fruit? What if you're vegan or just want to use vegan Protein Powder? What did they tell you to use to reach her carb limit if you're not already there?

Edited by SEAHAWKS FAN!

If you get tired of the banana Protein Drink add a few frozen strawberry and blend it into a great smotthie.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app