Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my question regarding this is how are there 30 grams of Protein per tablespoon, when a tablespoon is roughly 15 grams?

You cannot condense 30g into 15g. Not possible.

The only study is the one they sponsored, and they are also being sued over it.

First lets start with that hilarious thread from the body builders forum, where their attorney showed up...

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162454451

Then their sponsored study (it doesn't count if it isn't independent, everyone with a college education knows that)

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02919657

The lawsuit

https://www.law360.com/articles/865678/protein-powder-maker-accuses-rival-of-false-advertising

If they could really do this, NASA would be beating down their door and Elon Musk would have purchased the company.

They are just taking advantage of the fact most people suck at science and math.

@Sherrie Scharbrough If these studies were so great or you were a real person, people wouldn't have to PM you for the information, you would just post it.

Hey guys, I don't care for the conversation here. The studies were not just them. I am not trying to sell anyone any thing. For myself I will keep using GENEPRO. I am not selling this at all. I have my email with the information. I don't know who made you judge and jury here. Have a great day

If it was legit you would post it instead of being all cloak and dagger with it.

I provided links to back up my opinion and you provided nothing. If you have legit links and really desire to help people from the kindness of your heart, share, here.

This is an online DISCUSSION board, the whole point is to discuss.

You knew this was going to be controversial, which is why you asked people to PM you. I don't get why you are acting shocked now.

On 2/6/2017 at 10:46 AM, BigViffer said:

I find the best way to prepare GENEPRO is to make sure the lid is on tightly and then chuck it in the trash. The makers of that stuff are about as shady as they come. They say their magical process reduces the size of Protein molecules! In their own words:

This process allows for immediate absorption/uptake into the system which bypasses the intestinal digestive system by 94% (compare this to whey Isolate that has an absorption rate of only 31% - making GENEPRO more than three times more effective than any other Protein on the market).

They are saying their 10g of special protein is equivalent to 30g whey.

I believe this says it best about Genepro:

>

I'm going to use the figure given here for the mean density of proteins:

1.22 g/cm3 is the mean density of Proteins they get; the range though is no higher than 1.57 g/cm3.
Let us assume for the sake of argument that this product is pure protein, and instead of being a powder it's a perfectly packed solid material (i.e. no air between powder particles).
We know 1 tablespoon=14.79 cm3.
Therefore, 1 tablespoon of protein should have 18.04 g of protein (in a perfect situation where there's nothing else in the mix, which is basically impossible).
To give some comparison, the density of Water is 1 g/cm3, and let's just say for ease that 1 tablespoon=15 g/cm3. For a tablespoon of that protein to contain 30 g of protein, it should feel twice as heavy as tablespoon of Water.
To be 30 grams of protein, the density would need to be at least 2.03 g/cm3. Pure aluminium is somewhat close for reference, at 2.70 g/cm3.

Long story short, they are selling lies. Most likely they are selling BCAA's and calling it protein. Do yourself a favor and buy a reputable protein brand. Gold Standard is good brand. There are so many manufacturers that lie on their labels, you almost have to look them up and see how many lawsuits they have against them before you buy!

If their process was true, every other maker out there would be following suit because it is such a cutthroat business. The fact that most retail chains refuse to carry it is evidence of the company's reputation.

The only reason I reply (yet again) to this type of post is to protect new patients from wasting money on snakeoil. I need to bookmark my reply to this ridiculous garbage product. It comes up so often it's a PITA to search for it. The manufacturers even admit that there is really only 10 grams of protein, but it is magically fast with absorption and is the equivalent to eating 30 grams of protein. It's a whey based product. It is most definitely not 30 grams of bio-available protein. The calories are just not there either.

This stuff does not contribute to satiety, meaning you will still be hungry. At best it leaves protein markers in the blood stream, more likely though your body will start to break down your own muscle tissue for the protein that it needs. It does not provide the building blocks the body needs for muscle tissue, nails and hair. So you are most likely will have issues with that.

Just stay away from this crap.

The last link I couldn't get registered for. So I didn't read the whole article. That is a bummer. I would really like to read it. As for you saying I would have posted the link, I really didn't think it would make that big of a deal. I thought if they really wanted to check it out then I would give it to them. I knew that there are people that would get upset YES but to attack me I didn't think so. OUTSIDEMATCHOUTSIDE you act like I am stupid and anyone that has a college degree would know what to do. I'm so sorry that I am so DUMB!!

The links I have are these. It is pretty much the same as what you posted. BTW I am not a newbie I am almost 4 years out and I have had all great returns on my bloodwork. In fact I had to drop down on some of my Vitamins. I guess I will have to keep a better eye on them since I am using The JUNK GENEPRO. I am sorry if I upset anyone. But here are the links I have

http://musclegennet/clinicalstudies:html and https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/ncto2919657?term=genepro&ranks

1 hour ago, BigViffer said:

The only reason I reply (yet again) to this type of post is to protect new patients from wasting money on snakeoil.

This is the thing right here. Letting people play with their health on this product. It just isn't worth it.

It is morally reprehensible that people keep recommending this to other people and I'm beyond annoyed with it at this point.

1 hour ago, Sherrie Scharbrough said:

OUTSIDEMATCHOUTSIDE you act like I am stupid and anyone that has a college degree would know what to do. I'm so sorry that I am so DUMB!!

I'm not "acting" like anything. If I sponsored a study and magically it proved that I was correct, wouldn't you be skeptical?

You don't need a college degree for that, that is COMMON SENSE.

I said that everyone who has been to college knows that a study doesn't count unless it is independent because verifiable, trustworthy and accurate sources are the basic corner stone of a college education.

You can't pass English 101 without understanding and even HS and elementary school children are taught the same thing. It is basic education.

This company is just taking advantage of people and it is immoral and unethical.

1 hour ago, Sherrie Scharbrough said:

BTW I am not a newbie I am almost 4 years out and I have had all great returns on my bloodwork.

Unless genpro has been your sole source of nutrition for the past 4 years, your test results are meaningless. There would have to be a study over years that not only measure Protein levels but also tracked muscle mass levels (to make sure the body is not leeching from itself to compensate for low protein). They are claiming they have perfected and achieve a new scientific advancement. If this was true it would be ground breaking and applied to many other products.

Also how are we supposed to know you aren't new? Your blank profile isn't providing any information.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Meh I'll continue to use Isopure since like others have pointed out that a tablespoon is not capable of holding 30 grams. Not trying to stir up crap but your posts sounds like you are pushing the product a little hard to not be affiliated or getting some perk for the advertisement (how it comes off to me... just an opinion so take for what it is). If I'm wrong an it just works for you then fine, but I believe there are far better Proteins out there with tons of proven documentation from independent people for the money. Just my .02 cents.

1 hour ago, jmar23 said:

sounds like you are pushing the product a little hard to not be affiliated or getting some perk for the advertisement (how it comes off to me... just an opinion so take for what it is).

Most of the posts about GENEPRO sound like this to me.

Well, the reason and the only reason that I loved GENEPRO is because I can use it in whatever. I am NO WAY pushing anything on anyone. I am NOT getting anything from this company. I don't have a pictue up because I don't know how to do it. And I also had been on here for quite awhile but I quit using the other account due to being hacked and went to my true name. My old account was under shedo82773. I am not new here at all. If onmly had to use GENEPRO as my Protein intake well yes there would be problem. I also eat to get protein also. It would seem to me that if I was having problems it would show up in my bllodwork that is still beiing sent to my BARIATRIC SUREGON. I know if there was a problem they would be the first ones to let me know. I am sorry that this post made so many upset. Like was said we all have to do whatever it takes to maintain our health. So if YEARS down the road I get myself in trouble I will come back here and tell you that you were roight. Again Have a great day