Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

8 hours ago, esaad said:

I found a bottle of Pasta sauce downstairs and decided to mix it with cottage cheese, since that is something I can eat, warmed it up, and it was exactly what I wanted! Plus, just a half cup of the mixture had 7g of Protein. Not super high, but better nutritionally than a popsicle!

I'm looking recipes to use with my soft food stage so i can maybe prepare it once i return to work next month.

14 minutes ago, esaad said:

I did this morning...down 15!

Way to go!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, mishyk said:

Fyi I'm also from new york.. Queens/Brooklyn area! :)

Oh cool😎

12 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

lol... I started calling mine miss hotty today because she seems to prefer warm to hot over cold. I am planning to weigh once per week on Monday mornings.

So cute!!!!!! I might call mine whoa horsey cause it flares up with cramps and i pat it then it calms down.

51 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Aw, home sweet home. Glad you made it intact! I too can handle larger sips as well. I made it through a bottle of Water pretty easily yesterday. Today I slacked a bit, but like you am aiming to make it up tonight.

I haven't added powder Protein, although I have tons of it between my husband and myself, but I do make Decaf coffee and add my Premier Protein to it when I want an iced coffee. Tastes great. But my guess with Protein Powder, you may want to mix it up a tad with cool Water before pouring it in with coffee and broths as whey protein tends to curdle with high temperatures.

Let us know how it turns out! Today, I've been drinking bariatric pal Soups and broths. So delicious actually.

I am glad you're back safely. I am able to take big gulps.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Lol...you're absolutely right. We are! I think I'll have to try something real moist and chew it up good. But, who says I can't wait until the 30th, to try it? Lol. Right before my post op appt? That'll give my stomach more time to heal as well. You've got a great point. They won't do anything but encourage me to try before the next appt.

Yes, because they taught us that your taste can change with this surgery. I hope all goes well. I happy we made it through the surgery now the next stages are challenging.😧

@esaad, wow, 15!?!? That's awesome!

@Apple1 I haven't named mine. Never thought to. I found it humorous when you asked, maybe I should! Lol. I don't think I will weigh unless it's at the docs office.

2 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Yes, because they taught us that your taste can change with this surgery. I hope all goes well. I happy we made it through the surgery now the next stages are challenging.😧

I believe it will be challenging as well...but we will live and learn through it all and with each other!!! 😊

39 minutes ago, The Shrinking Strega said:

I just sent the hubby out to get me an abdominal binder --- such a difference!

Oh yes! It is isn't it. I just love it! I'm glad you've found more relief too. Yay to the hubs!!!! 😘

I'm looking recipes to use with my soft food stage so i can maybe prepare it once i return to work next month.

I was thinking of making fresh guacamole and pureeing it with a puree stick (that's not the actual name of the kitchen appliance) another plan i have for puree is.. getting fresh Beans putting a little seasoning and pureeing it and adding feta cheese (puree everything) and another favorite is mashed potatoes and pureeing it. My goal is if I cant make it myself I wont eat it. Like I will avoid canned foods and packaged foods the most i can.

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

I believe it will be challenging as well...but we will live and learn through it all and with each other!!! 😊

Kudos, you hit it right on the nail. I like that.

40 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

@Newme17 your plan is a couple weeks faster then mine or rather my plan adds fewer new foods each week. This is my week two foods

IMG_0027.JPG

I wonder why so much liquid in the beginning? But I do also think it could be a more brilliant move since our stomachs are so new at this point. Maybe better healing time? I have also considered just adding one food every so often but keeping it mostly liquid as well. I'm still having a hard time with that darn Multivitamin. As slow as I eat it, I feel it and it's not comfortable. Maybe I'm not ready?

3 minutes ago, mishyk said:

I was thinking of making fresh guacamole and pureeing it with a puree stick (that's not the actual name of the kitchen appliance) another plan i have for puree is.. getting fresh Beans putting a little seasoning and pureeing it and adding feta cheese (puree everything) and another favorite is mashed potatoes and pureeing it. My goal is if I cant make it myself I wont eat it. Like I will avoid canned foods and packaged foods the most i can.

Sounds yummy we can make things and show a picture of it or give details.

4 minutes ago, mishyk said:

That's a great goal to have. I'm gonna adopt it! 😊