Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

1 hour ago, patty0715 said:

I drink about 32 ozs of Water maybe 40 a day. I have been extremely tired and thirsty to the point that I can't seem to drink enough but at the same time I can't drink a lot. I don't go to the bathroom often. I haven't felt dizzy though. So I'm not really sure if I need more sleep or what is going on.

Have you tried putting an electrolyte in your Water to help? My lips always get chapped, urine too dark, and I always feel "hungry" when I'm really just thirsty. I have made a point to drink as much water as I can these last few days, I feel like I've slacked on my liquid intake. It's really easy to forego the drinks.

I had lots of dizziness on Sunday, but I didn't associate it with lack of water. Maybe that's what it was. ???

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

It would be awesome to be in Onederland by 4 months post-op :D

I sure hope so but if it doesn't happen, then it's not the end of the world for me. I'll get there and it'll still be a memorable moment when that time comes. No rush for me currently, but it WOULD be nice! :)

I'm feeling way off today. Came home today at noon because my head feels like it's being squeezed. I think I've got a sinus infection starting...which is weird, cause I haven't been sick in a long time! I laid down for a while and watched a movie, when I got back up, felt horrible. Body aches, head aches, etc. Not cool at all. I might just stay home from work tomorrow too and just take it real easy. Try and organize my papers/file here at home which is a dream of mine that everything has it's place and order in the house. LOL

I sure hope you feel better soon. I am thinking about taking a sick day tomorrow also. I just need to catch up on some stuff at home and I am all caught up at work.

I know I'm unwell when I don't even want my morning coffee!!!!! Throat is a little scratchy but I plan to nip all this in the buds with lots of Water and a few otc meds. I'll do a veggie shake with added berries, anything!!!

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I know I'm unwell when I don't even want my morning coffee!!!!! Throat is a little scratchy but I plan to nip all this in the buds with lots of Water and a few otc meds. I'll do a veggie shake with added berries, anything!!!

So sorry you are feeling sick @Newme17. I think your plan is a good one. Rest up and feel better.

Sorry I wrote that last post. Deleted because I feel dumb bearing my frustrations to the group. Ignore if you read it. I'm feeling better now.

22 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Sorry I wrote that last post. Deleted because I feel dumb bearing my frustrations to the group. Ignore if you read it. I'm feeling better now.

I missed it. :) Glad you're feeling better though. Sometimes it's good to get things off your chest, but then when we go back to re-read, we kind of have a moment of "what was I thinking!?!?" ...and to share it with the whole world? LOL We are human, indeed.

Good morning ya'll. 4 months post today. The scale did not move. So, officially I'm at 200 pounds at 4 months....down 66 lbs from highest, 59 from surgery, and lost 6 pounds this past month. Hey, slow (in the past month), but I'll take it. I can come up with all kinds of ways why it wasn't more, etc...but I'm not going to bother. I'll just keep on trekking and hopefully no other life situations come up that inhibits me from doing what I need to do. As long as my loss goes down, then I'm on the right track.

Still not feeling well today. Staying home from work again. The longer I am gone the less I want to go back. Decisions, decisions....

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

So, officially I'm at 200 pounds at 4 months....down 66 lbs from highest, 59 from surgery, and lost 6 pounds this past month.

When you do the math you have averaged 14.7 lbs per month post-op. That is above average and a praise worthy accomplishment 😊 Onederland is just around the next bend... I'm so happy for you!!

Well my official 4 month weight is 166.5 so I am down 88.5 from my highest and 41.5 since surgery. That is an average of 10.3 lbs per month. Not bad at all.

I feel like the gains made in fitness and also in my diet are equally important and significant. I started out not even being able to run a mile to being able to run 4 miles non stop. I can maintain a 12:20 average pace for 2 miles. I am eating a WFPB diet 95% of the time and I feel 😊 great.

My official weight was 196.4 today so that's down 39.4 in 4 months an average of 10 pounds per month which is not bad. I feel like I've lost tons of inches though I was a size 16-18 in pants and an XL/XXL in shirts at the start of this process and I am into a 10 in pants (which are loose) and Small in shirts so the inches are coming off just now need the scale to catch up! Happy 4 months everyone!

7 hours ago, patty0715 said:

My official weight was 196.4 today so that's down 39.4 in 4 months an average of 10 pounds per month which is not bad. I feel like I've lost tons of inches though I was a size 16-18 in pants and an XL/XXL in shirts at the start of this process and I am into a 10 in pants (which are loose) and Small in shirts so the inches are coming off just now need the scale to catch up! Happy 4 months everyone!

That is really great!!! I will never wear a small shirt because my arms are too long..lol..

I am sure it feels winderful to have lost all of those sizes.

9 hours ago, Apple1 said:

When you do the math you have averaged 14.7 lbs per month post-op. That is above average and a praise worthy accomplishment 😊 Onederland is just around the next bend... I'm so happy for you!!

THANK YOU!!! Looking at it that way, wow. That is pretty good. Thanks for that. Even though I accepted the six pounds, I felt better after reading the average. I did go back and figure out what my issues were this past month. Stress...hurricane, no work, falling off the steps, no exercise really. Diet has been okay though. I did give in to some hot fries at one point but nothing to make me slide down a slippery slope. I wasn't all on point with my Vitamins either, skipped a few days here and there. No excuse but stress. This afternoon I'm finally feeling a little better, so I'm anticipating a renewed sense of moving forward doing my best.

52 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Stress...hurricane, no work, falling off the steps, no exercise really. Diet has been okay though.

This was a hard month so you have to give yourself some grace. You have done great overall and definitely should be proud :)

We are all going to have those weeks. Mine was the camping trip back at the beginning of August. A week away from home and my regular routine and foods. I actually gained 2 pounds, but they came right back off after a few days at home.

It is the overall averages that matter because our weight loss is not linear.

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

I wasn't all on point with my Vitamins either, skipped a few days here and there. No excuse but stress.

I forget to take mine a couple days a week too. I think with the nutritious foods we are eating it isn't gonna hurt us in the long run.

I have been stressed the past few days myself, but I am working on just letting some things slide and not getting all worked up. Life is too short and we need to be happy and be blessed!!!