Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Thank you before this I think I was sick over a year ago! All those Vitamins I take do help but this time it got me lol

So my visit to urgent care didn't do much and yesterday it was back to the doctor. I have a really bad respiratory infection that has developed into slight asthma as I have such bad tightness in my chest and yesterday was winded going up 3 yes 3 flights of stairs. All this sickness however has helped my stall and I'm 2 pounds from onederland! I have look at the bright side lol hopefully by next week I should be to normal!

28 minutes ago, Newme17 said:
2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I want to believe it, but if I am honest I have my fears and doubts based on the testing I did on myself.

I am going to keep an open mind though and really research this. I know a plant based diet is very healthy and I know there are many within my faith that have joined the centurion club. Here is a short clip

An open mind is good to have. It allows for growth and humbleness. I have always been that way, I'm open for change and always open for correction. I want to walk upright in my life with truth.

I just downloaded the Kindle version of the book. I will try hard to stay focused on work and start reading on my lunch break.

1 hour ago, patty0715 said:

So my visit to urgent care didn't do much and yesterday it was back to the doctor. I have a really bad respiratory infection that has developed into slight asthma as I have such bad tightness in my chest and yesterday was winded going up 3 yes 3 flights of stairs. All this sickness however has helped my stall and I'm 2 pounds from onederland! I have look at the bright side lol hopefully by next week I should be to normal!

I had to chuckle....at least you found the positives throughout this all, your stall breaking. LOL Still hoping the best for you hon. I pray this is over soon too.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I just downloaded the Kindle version of the book. I will try hard to stay focused on work and start reading on my lunch break.

That's when I get to read. :)

I had to chuckle....at least you found the positives throughout this all, your stall breaking. LOL Still hoping the best for you hon. I pray this is over soon too.

lol I have to look on the bright side since I feel kinda crappy! Glad I could give you a chuckle. After a few days of the meds I am feeling better. No gym yet until next week maybe after all this is cleared up! Have a great day everyone.

32 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

lol I have to look on the bright side since I feel kinda crappy! Glad I could give you a chuckle. After a few days of the meds I am feeling better. No gym yet until next week maybe after all this is cleared up! Have a great day everyone.

I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Glad your stall broke!! Mine did too this morning.😊

41 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

Better is good...I'm glad to hear it. :) You have a great day too!

I went and gave blood work this morning. My post op appt is next Wed. I'll probably be about 210 lbs. I think I've been doing about 2 lbs a week, which is great! As long as I go down for my health, that's all that matters to me. I'm already preparing myself for my post op appt...given the fact that I went all whole foods plant based. I even have to take my Proteinaholic book with me. It's not to debate with the nut, but to give her information that I feel is best for me and my lifestyle. My nut was already on board with me going this route, but she wanted me to keep dairy in my diet...well, after reading about how dairy affects the body, I don't do cow milk (I quit giving it to my kids too) anymore. I do have some eggs, but it's sparingly...just because I like eggs. I do love my cheese, but that's also sparingly too. Maybe once every two weeks is what it'll be for me. I might just not include it after a while.

So, because of my new lifestyle, I am quite regular. LOL It's great too! I don't get bloated anymore. I have a pep in my step. I'm just way more energetic than before. I was a happy gal before and I'm even more so now. It's amazing of the changes I've had. My body is thanking me for it, that's for sure. My husband has changed even better than before too. He's constantly amazed with how he's feeling and the amount of muscle he's building (better than all the animal Protein and whey he was taking). Now, we're working with the kids....a little bit here and a little bit there. So far, brown rice cakes with pb and bananas, apples with pb and choc chips, and I plan to make mac n cheese (it'll have a little dairy) with carrots, butternut squash, and cauliflower hidden in it and lentil nuggets for them. My hope is that they will try them and LOVE them. I can only pray for this...:D

N

On 8/9/2017 at 9:38 AM, Newme17 said:

So, because of my new lifestyle, I am quite regular. LOL It's great too! I don't get bloated anymore. I have a pep in my step. I'm just way more energetic than before. I was a happy gal before and I'm even more so now. It's amazing of the changes I've had. My body is thanking me for it, that's for sure.

This is great to hear!!! I hope your appt. Goes well and your blood work comes back all good!

I remember a time about 5 years ago I did a ten day green juice fast. I had watched the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and I wanted to try this. I felt amazing. I don't know if it was from all of the nutrients or the lack of meat, but it was great. I now know that it would have been better to just blend the whole vegetable and keep the Fiber.

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

This is great to hear!!! I hope your appt. Goes well and your blood work comes back all good!

I remember a time about 5 years ago I did a ten day green juice fast. I had watched the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and I wanted to try this. I felt amazing. I don't know if it was from all of the nutrients or the lack of meat, but it was great. I now know that it would have been better to just blend the whole vegetable and keep the Fiber.

It was both! The nutrients and lack of meat. Isn't it funny for all the things we've tried and we know we feel better, but we don't stick to it? I did a lot of green drinks using my nutri bullet (with the skins) and was feeling great for a time. Why I didnt stick to it, I don't know. But I know at this age I'm at now and my focus so heavy on what's going on inside of my body (rather than outward appearance) it's a lifestyle change for me. I wouldn't change it to die earlier than I have to.

Good morning y'all. I'm happy. 😊 Still have to lose more fat, but I'm just happy. Still working on muscle too and happy. Did I mention, I'm happy!? 😂

IMG_3179.JPG

6 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Good morning y'all. I'm happy. 😊 Still have to lose more fat, but I'm just happy. Still working on muscle too and happy. Did I mention, I'm happy!? 😂

IMG_3179.JPG

You look happy, great, and strong lol

9 hours ago, queenbee88 said:

Is sex different now since surgery because I don't get as wet as I did before at all like it takes me longer to get into it now ?? TMI

My libido has increased without the extra weight. There are other factors that can play in that too though, like stress, etc. Maybe just not in the mood?

Well good morning y'all. I'm getting curious and curious about my weight these days. Seems to happen right before the 15th of the month. lol. So, I weighed in at 208 this morning. I've also noticed the flap of my belly is smoothing out somewhat. Yay! Soon there won't be one. 😊 Best part, I feel great and I'm healthy inside.

Hope you all have a beautiful resting Saturday! We're taking the kids to a Water park called Schlitterbahn here. They've been waiting for this day all summer. Lol

later y'all!