Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

50 minutes ago, fatima635 said:

I'm doing better. yay to you! Determination! I like that lol. Hope you feel better patty0715

Thanks!!! Not really sure what I have maybe a sinus infection but I'm determined to get to the gym this week so I am pushing on and getting my cardio on :)

13 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hi there! I'm feeling a bit under the weather but still managed to get a workout in! Yay me lol I'm exhausted though hope all is well with you!

There's a rule I learned back when I was all about health and being fit. You can workout when you're not sick below the head. Lol. I'm not sure if I said it right. Basically, if you've got illness going on in your chest, stomach, hold the workouts. If you're not feeling well due to cold and sinuses, then you can workout and should workout. Maybe take it easier those days, but you want to kick your immune system in gear to start working on combatting that head cold/sinus. Good job on pushing through! I hope you get better soon too.

1 hour ago, fatima635 said:

I'm doing well. Aww, how cool. I wish I gave my kids swimming lessons when they were young lol. How was your workout?

Workout was great. I took it easy. A short walk on the treadmill and then 40 mins on the bike. I was so ready for bed too. Fell asleep fast. 😊

Received my Proteinaholic book today! CNt wait to dig in, but I'm going to try and finish a small fiction book written by a woman from my church. Based off of her life, from being human trafficked from such a young age to how she got out. She now works in a ministry to help others who are in it. So far I've cried. It's called HELLO NAVI. I bought it at church after she gave part of her testimony, but it's on Amazon too. I've attached a pic.

Back to wls news....nothing out of the ordinary diet wise today. My husband was rubbing my feet when he said my feet aren't as hard. Huh? So this is weird. Before I was always having to lotion up my feet, seemed like I couldn't keep moisture. Now I still do but yes, they're softer. Sooooo, could this be wls related or what? I don't know, but I'll take my not so hard feet!! Lol

Next week I've got to go get blood work done. Then the week after I'll have my three month post appt. Seems like we've been stuck in the second month forever. Or am I getting it all wrong....we are in our third month??? Wait,

1 may to june

2 june to july

3 july to August

ok. We're in our third. I was confusing myself. Lol

IMG_3106.JPG

Edited by Newme17

22 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Thanks!!! Not really sure what I have maybe a sinus infection but I'm determined to get to the gym this week so I am pushing on and getting my cardio on :)

you're welcome...Did you make it to the gym?

2 minutes ago, fatima635 said:

you're welcome...Did you make it to the gym?

I made it to the gym yesterday. Today I will probably go after work. I've hit a 2 week stall and am trying to break it with increase in exercise but that hasn't helped yet but I will keep the cardio up. The stall has to break some way! Lol

9 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Received my Proteinaholic book today! CNt wait to dig in, but I'm going to try and finish a small fiction book written by a woman from my church. Based off of her life, from being human trafficked from such a young age to how she got out. She now works in a ministry to help others who are in it. So far I've cried. It's called HELLO NAVI. I bought it at church after she gave part of her testimony, but it's on Amazon too. I've attached a pic.

Back to wls news....nothing out of the ordinary diet wise today. My husband was rubbing my feet when he said my feet aren't as hard. Huh? So this is weird. Before I was always having to lotion up my feet, seemed like I couldn't keep moisture. Now I still do but yes, they're softer. Sooooo, could this be wls related or what? I don't know, but I'll take my not so hard feet!! Lol

Next week I've got to go get blood work done. Then the week after I'll have my three month post appt. Seems like we've been stuck in the second month forever. Or am I getting it all wrong....we are in our third month??? Wait,

1 may to june

2 june to july

3 july to August

IMG_3106.JPG

I think Im going to order your friend's book. I order it from Amazon correct?

1 hour ago, patty0715 said:

I made it to the gym yesterday. Today I will probably go after work. I've hit a 2 week stall and am trying to break it with increase in exercise but that hasn't helped yet but I will keep the cardio up. The stall has to break some way! Lol

I have a love hate relationship with stalls. I seem to have then for at least 10-14 days every month, but I am still losing inches either way so it doesn't matter. I hope yours breaks soon.

10 hours ago, Newme17 said:

1 may to june

2 june to july

3 july to August

IMG_3106.JPG

I feel like this month is going a little slow too, but overall it feels good to be half way through our 3rd month post op.

I have really started to notice just how large the portions served in restaurants are. I think to myself how I used to be able to eat those serving sizes and I am so happy to be where I am enjoying my 3-4 oz.

That looks like a good book @Newme17. I may pick it up for my kindle if it is available.

I hope everyone has a great and blessed Wednesday!

6 hours ago, fatima635 said:

I think Im going to order your friend's book. I order it from Amazon correct?

Yeah, you can get it there. I just finished it. :) It's short and sweet ending and full of truth. I hope you enjoy it!

6 hours ago, patty0715 said:

What are you eating daily? Sometimes 1-2 hundred more calories would break a stall. One lady recently couldn't break it, she was working out everyday and then some. She took the advice of slowing down and resting a couple days out of the week and the stall broke. So, it's finding that right balance to learn how to break one.

5 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I have really started to notice just how large the portions served in restaurants are. I think to myself how I used to be able to eat those serving sizes and I am so happy to be where I am enjoying my 3-4 oz.

I love how much my grocery bill is lowered. :) I haven't really done the restaurant thing since surgery. When we do go, I don't order. It's either I'm not hungry or I just eat a few bites of my family's....the portions are really just too big, even the kids portions are. I do like eating my little portions too. I think it also helps me to realize that food isn't going to be my crutch. It's just enough to get my body fueled and I should learn to enjoy that little bit too.

Good news from my pcp. One month out I have a normal A1C ! One more and she will remove the diagnosis of diabetes!!!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 197.4 GW 135

32 minutes ago, Missy161 said:

Good news from my pcp. One month out I have a normal A1C ! One more and she will remove the diagnosis of diabetes!!!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 197.4 GW 135

This is AWESOME news!!! I'm very glad to hear it...diabetes didn't have any right to be messing with your body in the first place. :) WHOO WHOO!!!!

4 hours ago, Newme17 said:

What are you eating daily? Sometimes 1-2 hundred more calories would break a stall. One lady recently couldn't break it, she was working out everyday and then some. She took the advice of slowing down and resting a couple days out of the week and the stall broke. So, it's finding that right balance to learn how to break one.

I actually don't think I eat enough. I usually have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, for lunch I have either a chicken salad or chicken (usually 3 ozs) with cauliflower rice for dinner I usually have a Protein shake cuz I'm not really hungry or I have a cheese stick . So yea I don't think I eat a lot....