Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

1 hour ago, esaad said:

I noticed today that one of my incisions is opening up. I called the doctor, and of course I have to come in. Thankfully, tomorrow is my last day off from work, not so thankfully, I have to drive 2 hours to get to my surgeons office. Boo. On the bright side , I'm doing good with my Protein today.

Oh no! That sucks. Is it painfull? I am sorry that happened to you. Did you lift something or stretch too much?

Oh no! That sucks. Is it painfull? I am sorry that happened to you. Did you lift something or stretch too much?

It doesn't hurt, that's why I contemplated not even saying anything. However, since the incision goes all the way through, I got paranoid, and I definitely don't want it to get infected. I probably did stretch too much. It's right under my chest though, so it's in that weird spot that shrinks and stretches when you stand, sit, or lay down.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I smiled when I read your post because it sounded a lot like my husbands family. I married a Peruvian, and there are many in his family that are over weight. Most or a lot of their diet has a high amount of starchy carbs.

I asked my dh to please not tell anyone about my surgery and that lasted about one day. Before we even left Mexico he had told his older brother Luis. At first i was going to be angry with him, but then I took a minute to think before I spoke. I am glad that i did. I realized how selfish it was of me to not share my experience with him or anyone else who could benefit greatly from it. His brother must be somewhere between 300-350 pounds. He has a hard time getting around and many health issues. He is now looking into WLS.

My stance right now is I am not going to make it public knowledge, but I will share with those that ask and could benefit from some type of WLS.

I sure do like the chats we all have together online so I can imagine how much your friends appreciate you.

Aww, I'm glad. And I'm glad your brother in law is now looking in to it too. Just wait until you've slimmed way down, I bet more will follow and/ask questions. See? You've made an impact already. I'm all fuzzy inside because of that. Lol

14 minutes ago, esaad said:

I had no idea until I had my EDG done. After that, however, it made sense since I had a weird bulge where it was. You would've thought that I would think that it was weird that my stomach stuck out in one spot. I thought it was just fat!

I can only imagine most people who are overweight would think it's just fat. Maybe that's why it goes unnoticed so much.

6 minutes ago, esaad said:

It doesn't hurt, that's why I contemplated not even saying anything. However, since the incision goes all the way through, I got paranoid, and I definitely don't want it to get infected. I probably did stretch too much. It's right under my chest though, so it's in that weird spot that shrinks and stretches when you stand, sit, or lay down.

All of my 4 incisions are in a row horizontally across my belly about an inch above my navel. I don't have any high up like that. I can see how that would be easy to irritate.

8 minutes ago, esaad said:

Not cool. I'm sorry it happened. I'm more sorry that you have to drive 2 hours to get there!!!

Ok. So the overnight oatmeal was a fail-taste/texture wise. Threw it out. Then I dipped a spoon in some unsweetened applesauce about three times. Just didn't care for it. Went to the grocery store and didn't want to buy anything to eat. So I bought drinkable yogurt. It's pretty good. I'm almost afraid, ALMOST but not really, that I won't ever chew again. I kind of like drinking everything. Haha!

Sooo I did have a drinkable yogurt. I turned around and my four year old has a yogurt mustache. She looks at me and smiles real big. I can't get mad...she's so cute!! Lol

13 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Ok. So the overnight oatmeal was a fail-taste/texture wise. Threw it out. Then I dipped a spoon in some unsweetened applesauce about three times. Just didn't care for it. Went to the grocery store and didn't want to buy anything to eat. So I bought drinkable yogurt. It's pretty good. I'm almost afraid, ALMOST but not really, that I won't ever chew again. I kind of like drinking everything. Haha!

Yes the yogurt is pretty good and it seemed to agree with my tummy also. Just don't try to add any powered Protein to it ...lol

11 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Sooo I did have a drinkable yogurt. I turned around and my four year old has a yogurt mustache. She looks at me and smiles real big. I can't get mad...she's so cute!! Lol

lol... That sounds like a Kodak moment😊

9 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Yes the yogurt is pretty good and it seemed to agree with my tummy also. Just don't try to add any powered Protein to it ...lol

Duly noted!!!! Lol

Edited by Newme17

6 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

lol... That sounds like a Kodak moment😊

It sure is. I wonder if the millinneals would understand Kodak moment. Ha!

13 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

It sure is. I wonder if the millinneals would understand Kodak moment. Ha!

Probably not..lol

2 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Probably not..lol

😂. Cute kid!!!! Who's that in your profile?

6 hours ago, Newme17 said:

My update so far: Work is great. Only myself and the project manager (who is on the other side of the building) are here. I've managed to get through a great amount of emails and have all the to-do's in a pile by priority that I'll try to get tackled in a moment. I'm finding it to be uncomfortable sitting in my chair for too long. Maybe I should have worn my binder. (I took it off for today). I can't seem to get enough liquids! I'm extremely THIRSTY today; its been that way since I woke up. I'm on my second bottle of Water and I've had maybe 1/4 of a Protein Drink. I'm going to shoot for 5 bottles of Water today, instead of 4 so I can not feel so thirsty. I can't stand it and the Protein Drinks don't help; they always make me feel thirsty. I did bring some unsweetened applesauce to try. Maybe. I need to walk...but it's raining. I guess I'll pace back and forth here in the office. :)

Glad work is a work in progress. It is great to here.