Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

5 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Thanks, it take three shakes but it happens i use Premier Protein canisters which is 25g and 1 percent milk which has 8 grams which i made three Protein Shakes each time. I'm not so good on the Water but im trying.

My plan allows me 2 cups of coffee per day this week and I am counting them as Water. It is a Fluid and nut said it counts. I think the Protein Shakes count also.

9 hours ago, camony said:

May 8th sleeved here.. I thought we were to avoid Beans for the first year?

Hi @camony. How are you doing post op? You are a week ahead of most of us on this thread.

8 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Anyone have muscle cramps or spasms? When I stretch out my left foot my muscle lock up and I am getting a charle horse in the side of my ankle lower leg. It is so painful!, this just started tonight and the only way to make it stop is to get up and walk.

I get charley horses periodically before the surgery but nothing as of yet. Except the horsey who acts up everyday especially at feeding time.

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

Well good morning ya'll. I feel gross. I thought maybe 8 hours of sleep would make me feel way better after the bean episode last night. Nope. I'm feeling like I've got them stuck in my throat still. I'm going to hold off on them for a bit, along with anything else in its consistency. I've got my drinkable yogurts now. I'll add creamy Soups too; no chunks. Even though my plan allows for so much now, I think it much wiser to listen to my body. It's not ready.

I agree with listening to your body.

I think slow and steady wins the race. Try something new and if it doesn't work step back to what does then try it again later on. I am looking forward to creamy Soups and cottage cheese next week.

Well good morning ya'll. I feel gross. I thought maybe 8 hours of sleep would make me feel way better after the bean episode last night. Nope. I'm feeling like I've got them stuck in my throat still. I'm going to hold off on them for a bit, along with anything else in its consistency. I've got my drinkable yogurts now. I'll add creamy Soups too; no chunks. Even though my plan allows for so much now, I think it much wiser to listen to my body. It's not ready.

Im glad you're okay. I ate cream of wheat thinking it would be ok the first day home and went down smoothly but i have to wait 2 more weeks. Boo hoo😎. Pretty soon we will be partying with our soft foods swapping recipes with our Water

10 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

@Newme17 did it go down? I am hoping you will be o.k. Sometimes it's great to throw caution to the wind no pun intended.

I'm pretty sure it went down. I'm having issues with the stuck in the throat feeling. Before I was hungry in the mornings, but today I am not. I am wondering if maybe it just didn't digest very well, or at all. Sitting in my little stomach. So I'm drinking just Water right now. I am sticking to just water and Protein Shakes, drinkable yogurt today.

6 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I get charley horses periodically before the surgery but nothing as of yet. Except the horsey who acts up everyday especially at feeding time.

I did too, but this was so persistent. It was driving me nuts for a couple of hours last night. Every time I sat down it would start up.

1 minute ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Im glad you're okay. I ate cream of wheat thinking it would be ok the first day home and went down smoothly but i have to wait 2 more weeks. Boo hoo😎. Pretty soon we will be partying with our soft foods swapping recipes with our Water

My plan says I can have cream of wheat on week 4, but I think it is high carb. I am going to check because that sounds so yummy. I have to be careful how many carbs I consume because of my type 2 diabetes.

Just now, Apple1 said:

My plan says I can have cream of wheat on week 4, but I think it is high carb. I am going to check because that sounds so yummy. I have to be careful how many carbs I consume because of my type 2 diabetes.

You don't have diabetes anymore, remember? CLAIM IT hon. ;) But as always, listen to the medical advice. LOL

3 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I never wanted so much in my life now it is sitting around waiting for me. Saying two weeks more and we can get together as before the surgery.

You don't have diabetes anymore, remember? CLAIM IT hon. ;) But as always, listen to the medical advice. LOL

lol.. Can you tell I am reluctant to fully accept victory? Old habits die hard, and I have trained myself to always look at the carbs and Fiber on labels.

I am super hopeful that I will eventually be able to include healthy complex carbs without spiking my blood sugar.

This morning my stomach is very gurgly ( is that even a word?) every time I sip. It doesn't hurt or anything it is just weird?

May 8th sleeved here.. I thought we were to avoid Beans for the first year?

Just depends on how you tolerate them. I was told could have them during soft food phase

47 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

This morning my stomach is very gurgly ( is that even a word?) every time I sip. It doesn't hurt or anything it is just weird?

That's the word I was looking for after I ate the Beans. Gurgling. I researched and it's quite normal. We are ok. ;)

8 minutes ago, klc_vsg said:

Just depends on how you tolerate them. I was told could have them during soft food phase

Did you try them then? If so, how did it go for you?

Edited by Newme17