Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Well actually watered down creamy potato Soup. @Newme17 I am trying new things on my list. @Apple1 I am throwing caution to the wind.

3 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Well actually watered down creamy potato Soup. @Newme17 I am trying new things on my list. @Apple1 I am throwing caution to the wind.

Be fearless hon! Lol

Hey, I think I'll follow suit and try your potato recipe. I'll use a sweet potato though. Maybe that will be my dinner tomorrow. 😊

42 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Whoa baby! Glad you limited yourself. My 4 year old is 29 pounds. 😂 I could see how you might be pooped. Seems you had a good time with her though. Is she your only grand?

Yea, I would say 9 months and 22 pounds is big. She was 10 pounds at birth and my daughter is a small 5'4". She had a scheduled C-section..lol.. Big babies run in my Son-in-laws family. I did have a great time today. I have 3 grand babies all from my daughter, 2 girls and a boy.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

@Sweet as peaches I think all of us could say the same thing. The solution is to dust ourselves off and get back up. A mistake today doesn't mean tomorrow is over. We got this!!

Yes just shake it off. I feel like Rocky Balboa. Favorite character of mine btw.

53 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

That's great encouragement. Awww...

53 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

That's great encouragement. Awww...

Felt great.

29 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

My countertops are being installed RIGHT NOW! Yay!

I was hungry, so I decided to try string cheese. Managed 3/4 of it. I think if I had just one more bite I would have been dumping or just felt sick. Otherwise the cheese went down just fine.

That is so cool. What kind of counters did you get? I love string cheese so I will be trying that soon enough. I scooped out some Soup to put in my blender and I made sure it was mostly broth, but added a few pieces of sausage and potatoes and squash. I avoided the Beans for right now. I can't wait to try it, just waiting on my dh to finish cutting the grass.

It is normal not to sip anymore once you had surgery over a week ago?

20 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I just got delivered a batch of Premier Protein and muscle milk. So to finish off my 50 grams of Protein i drank the 30 grams of Premier Protein totalling 80 grams. Im on my 2 bottle of Water and to finish it off i made potato Soup. 1 potato 1 packet of chicken bouillon and Water so creamy and potato tasting.

That sounds yummy @Sweet as peaches. Tonight is a soup night. I hope we both do good with our purred Soups.

2 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

It is normal not to sip anymore once you had surgery over a week ago?

I noticed I can take almost normal sized sips now without any problems. I haven't tried to jug anything yet, but I am definitely able to drink more.

2 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

That sounds yummy @Sweet as peaches. Tonight is a Soup night. I hope we both do good with our purred Soups.

You win on the best soup. Oh my goodness your soup sounds so delicious. My soup was a just a little potato boiled until tender then seasoned it with a chicken bouillon envelope mixed in a cup put Water in the blender mixed the seasoned potato until it was soup pour contents into a bowl microwaved for two minutes instant soup.

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

I like that idea @Newme17. My first goal was to just get through the surgery without major complications. Check! 2nd goal was to stop my diabetes meds. I am not ready to check that one off yet. I want to see what happens when I start eating solid food with a few more carbs. So for right now that is still my goal and also to get out of the 200's.

We are with you all the way. Let's knocked our obstacles one by one.👍

Thank you @Sweet as peaches. I love to cook and my dh never complains.

My biggest issue has never been what I eat, I cook healthy foods...I just eat too much of them. Hoping this sleeve helps me learn Portion Control.

I like quick recipe ideas also and yours sounds perfect for a quick snack.

12 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Thank you @Sweet as peaches. I love to cook and my dh never complains.

My biggest issue has never been what I eat, I cook healthy foods...I just eat too much of them. Hoping this sleeve helps me learn Portion Control.

I like quick recipe ideas also and yours sounds perfect for a quick snack.

Oh yes!!! Definitely understand about not having Portion Control that happens a lot to me. Im glad im learning new things so i can deal with that issue as well. Brava!!!!!! What kind of seasoning do you use?

Just now, Sweet as peaches said:

Oh yes!!! Definitely understand about not having Portion Control that happens a lot to me. Im glad im learning new things so i can deal with that issue as well. Brava!!!!!! What kind of seasoning do you use?

I used a can of crushed tomatoes and chicken stock for the base. I added 2 big cloves of garlic, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, and a little cyan pepper.

Went to my first post-op appointment today...down 17 pounds woo hooo and I can move to soft purée foods! I came home and made a small bowl of cream of wheat and my eyes definately eat more than my new tummy! I couldn't eat even 1/2 but I am adjusting to my new normal!

Now to enjoy some purée foods :)