Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

My first full day on purée and I can't get anything down. I had 1/2 scrambled egg and 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes earlier (not together) and now the thought of food is making me nauseous...do I need to ease myself into this stage? Did anyone else have this issue? Not feeling all that great today...

1 hour ago, patty0715 said:

My first full day on purée and I can't get anything down. I had 1/2 scrambled egg and 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes earlier (not together) and now the thought of food is making me nauseous...do I need to ease myself into this stage? Did anyone else have this issue? Not feeling all that great today...

I am guessing you been away from food for so long your body might think it's foreign. Don't despair it's only the first day.

9 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I am guessing you been away from food for so long your body might think it's foreign. Don't despair it's only the first day.

Maybe I feel horrible....I'm not throwing up but am in bathroom....feeling pretty crappy

4 hours ago, Apple1 said:

This a good warning for me to be prepared when I go back to work. food prep is going to be essential to staying mostly on plan.

what did you do? I think I would have made a wawa run and got some Soup or yogurt.

I just drank another Protein Drink and had some chicken bouillon. I picked up my daughter from school and went straight home to get a cheese stick to nibble on to go pick up my youngest from her school. I was fine after that. I didn't get hungry again until maybe 6:30ish. So it was approximately 3 hours in between. Had thinned out black Beans AGAIN! Lol. I love that stuff. My husband made eggs and bacon, he was so grateful to be able to cook again. So I had him throw a tablespoon worth of scrambled eggs in other my beans. Listened to my body, wrapped the rest (breakfast tomorrow), and went for a walk with my two youngest girls. I feel great. 😊

11 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

Maybe I feel horrible....I'm not throwing up but am in bathroom....feeling pretty crappy

Oh I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy.

3 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I just drank another Protein drink and had some chicken bouillon. I picked up my daughter from school and went straight home to get a cheese stick to nibble on to go pick up my youngest from her school. I was fine after that. I didn't get hungry again until maybe 6:30ish. So it was approximately 3 hours in between. Had thinned out black Beans AGAIN! Lol. I love that stuff. My husband made eggs and bacon, he was so grateful to be able to cook again. So I had him throw a tablespoon worth of scrambled eggs in other my Beans. Listened to my body, wrapped the rest (breakfast tomorrow), and went for a walk with my two youngest girls. I feel great. 😊

That's great.

1 hour ago, patty0715 said:

My first day wasn't that good either. I would say, add some milk to your scrambled egg when cooking. It'll be lighter and softer. I'd probably thin the mashed potatoes out a bit too. Try these again like that. I've also noticed that food goes down much better when I'm standing up. So I've been eating and pacing. Did you get a burp anytime after a bite? If so, that might be an indicator to stop. It is for me. I've noticed it was really hard to gauge when I was going to be full. Now, just a few days later, I understand my sleeve a bit more. I also feel truly hungry now. Oh, and I've always waited before going to exercise after eating, but I always feel better walking at a leisurely pace after eating these days. I'm sure once I start eating more (1-3 years from now), then I'll have to wait a while for it to settle again. But it feels nice once you're done.

Edited by Newme17

1 minute ago, Newme17 said:

My first day wasn't that good either. I would say, add some milk to your scrambled egg when cooking. It'll be lighter and softer. I'd probably thin the mashed potatoes out a bit too. Try these again like that. I've also noticed that food goes down much better when I'm standing up. So I've been eating and pacing. Did you get a burp anytime after a bite? If so, that might be an indicator to stop. It is for me. I've noticed it was really hard to gauge when I was going to be full. Now, just a few days later, I understand my sleeve a bit more. I also feel truly hungry now.

Yes I did burp and I stopped. At that point I had eaten maybe 1 bite of the mashed potatoes I just couldn't take another bite. I went back to my Protein Shakes and Water for the rest of the night but I have been in the bathroom with the runs for the past 2 hours...on the bright side I'm not constipated :)

1 minute ago, patty0715 said:

Yes I did burp and I stopped. At that point I had eaten maybe 1 bite of the mashed potatoes I just couldn't take another bite. I went back to my Protein Shakes and Water for the rest of the night but I have been in the bathroom with the runs for the past 2 hours...on the bright side I'm not constipated :)

My runs have stopped too. Borderline Constipation, although I'm happy to say I had a small bm earlier. Keep drinking your Water, I hope you and your bum feels better. Hon.

@Sweet as peaches, how was your day hon?

@mishyk hey lady. That cocotein is expensive! Wow. I guess it'll be a once in a while drink for me. Lol. I'm trying to locate it here locally. What store did you buy it from?

33 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

@Sweet as peaches, how was your day hon?

I have been o.k. thanks i decided to make some eggs with sliced turkey and cheddar cheese. I had three forks of it then i stop. And one piece of carrot mushed. I felt a sharp pain and that summoned me to stop. Then like it was about to bubble up then i said whoa. Discarded the meal and went to drink Water. Nothing came up or out. Thank God. I had 50oz of Protein today.

47 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

Hope you get better.

4 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I have been o.k. thanks i decided to make some eggs with sliced turkey and cheddar cheese. I had three forks of it then i stop. And one piece of carrot mushed. I felt a sharp pain and that summoned me to stop. Then like it was about to bubble up then i said whoa. Discarded the meal and went to drink Water. Nothing came up or out. Thank God. I had 50oz of Protein today.

Good for you. Glad it didn't do anything after that. I think it's neat that we are all having to really listen to our bodies. This is a great tool!