Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

Have you started with puréed foods yet? I have so many phases on my doc/nuts plan it is crazy. I have 9 phases! So technically I suppose I shouldn't eat the ricotta bake until Monday, but my stomach has been good so i am gonna try it and see how it goes.

Lmfaoo 9 phases.. i think i have like 4-5! I havent started puree. I'm still on Clear Liquids. On monday I start he said i can start eating cottage, yogurt, sugar free pudding (ideas he gave me) but does that sound like puree?? I think it is.. he said it's suppose to be really smooth and high on Protein. So anything of that consistency counts right?

I quit eating bread about 6 months ago because even one slice would spike my blood sugar. I buy the low carb wraps if I want a sandwich and they are pretty good.
I have been drinking unsweetened almond milk also. The chocolate is really good. There are many things we can do to eat healthier that is for sure.
Lets all share any good recipes we find.

Good me and you both drink the same milk, unsweetened almond. And you just gave me an idea..if i ever find myself out to eat in public i can ask to switch the bread for a wrap instead. I wish bread wasnt that bad for the body but it is

10 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I have been o.k. thanks i decided to make some eggs with sliced turkey and cheddar cheese. I had three forks of it then i stop. And one piece of carrot mushed. I felt a sharp pain and that summoned me to stop. Then like it was about to bubble up then i said whoa. Discarded the meal and went to drink Water. Nothing came up or out. Thank God. I had 50oz of Protein today.

You did good @Sweet as peaches. We are all learning how to listen to our new stomachs.

I made it to 64g Protein and 500 calories today.

Just now, mishyk said:

Good me and you both drink the same milk, unsweetened almond. And you just gave me an idea..if i ever find myself out to eat in public i can ask to switch the bread for a wrap instead. I wish bread wasnt that bad for the body but it is

I know right, I love garlic bread, but it doesn't love me. Maybe once in a blue moon for a treat I will allow myself some bread, but it has too be really good bread...lol..

3 minutes ago, mishyk said:

Lmfaoo 9 phases.. i think i have like 4-5! I havent started puree. I'm still on clear liquids. On monday I start he said i can start eating cottage, yogurt, sugar free pudding (ideas he gave me) but does that sound like puree?? I think it is.. he said it's suppose to be really smooth and high on Protein. So anything of that consistency counts right?

That sounds like purée. Just try a little the first time and see how you do. I tried puréed Soup and cottage cheese and both were fine.

4 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

You did good @Sweet as peaches. We are all learning how to listen to our new stomachs.

I made it to 64g Protein and 500 calories today.

Thank you so much. You did great I'm so proud of you. Looking at you getting those Protein Shakes in.👍

9 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Goodnight @Sweet as peaches. I am sorry I missed you tonight. I hope you had a good day!!

It is o.k. I was missing you as well. I tried new things and I see you tried the cottage cheese and it held down. Spectacular job @Apple1. Keep it up.

9 hours ago, Apple1 said:

So glad to hear you had a good day!

I tried some cottage cheese for lunch and it went well. I was able to eat 4 oz with no problem. I am looking forward to scrambled eggs with cheese. I think I am going to try that next week.

are you keeping track of how many calories you are consuming in a day? I made it to 500 today!

Nope, no calorie counting for me. I don't think I'll ever go back to that. My doc office wants us to just listen to our bodies and eat when hungry, and obviously make wise choices in food. So, I'm happy about that. I really didn't want to feel like I am on a diet. That's just my personal feelings about it; no offense to anyone who is calorie counting. We all have to find what works for ourselves. It's also one less thing I have to do. :)

7 hours ago, mishyk said:

Aww thank you honey! And I do the same thing as you!! I google puree foods and healthy foods i can use to replace old foods. For example I'm no longer going to use sugar (using honey instead) and i'm not going to use bread at home instead I'm going to make fake bread from cauliflower. Also i no longer use regular milk I use almond milk, but I changed milk even before the surgery. I had lost 3 pounds in 4 days just changing the milk! .

You are gorgeous!

I changed to plant based, non dairy, before surgery, EXCEPT the cheese! (Got to have cheese). I don't care for yogurt and cottage cheese, even though I'm adding them now, cause they're just easier at this point. But once I get to full foods, I'm back to mostly plant based. We do eat chicken/shrimp/fish though too.

Blessings on your alternative journey hon. You can do it!

7 hours ago, mishyk said:

It is.. i buy it for $4.95 in the Vitamin shopp or GNC but... it's good for 2 days since we can only drink a little but at a time. It's a great investment.. at times i felt weak on liquids alone but when I re-up on cocotein and drink it within minutes I feel soo much better. We need the protein.. how ever you can get Protein is the goal.. this happens to work great with me, and it's isolate whey .. you cant get better than that for Clear Liquids Protein. Xoxo

I bought some Atkins fruit drink (it was on sale) and I can't seem to stomach it now (pun intended! Ha). Pre-op I drank them, not they're just stiting in my fridge. I think I'll stop by Vitamin Shoppe on my way home from work and check it out. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I have 9 phases!

Whoa! That is crazy! I've got four, each a week long. Next week, I'm supposed to be eating just about everything, salads, fruits, veggies, quinoa, brown rice, ground beef, chicken, etc. The fourth week doesn't have a list...so it's just cleared for everything.

14 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Nope, no calorie counting for me. I don't think I'll ever go back to that. My doc office wants us to just listen to our bodies and eat when hungry, and obviously make wise choices in food. So, I'm happy about that. I really didn't want to feel like I am on a diet. That's just my personal feelings about it; no offense to anyone who is calorie counting. We all have to find what works for ourselves. It's also one less thing I have to do. :)

I like that idea. I don't have any calorie goals on my plan, but I am nervous that I will over do it at some point. I think for now I am going to track and maybe once I get the hang of portion sizes I will ease off a little.

3 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Whoa! That is crazy! I've got four, each a week long. Next week, I'm supposed to be eating just about everything, salads, fruits, veggies, quinoa, brown rice, ground beef, chicken, etc. The fourth week doesn't have a list...so it's just cleared for everything.

I know right🙄🤔I don't know why so many. I am beginning to lump mine together because really week 3 & 4 are almost the same with just a few additional.

1 minute ago, Apple1 said:

I like that idea. I don't have any calorie goals on my plan, but I am nervous that I will over do it at some point. I think for now I am going to track and maybe once I get the hang of portion sizes I will ease off a little.

When we're all getting smaller, we will all be getting more active too. More activity means we'll need to fuel our bodies more as well, and it would be possible to overdo it (with the wrong choices of food). But, you can always have a good amount of veggies and never overdo it; provided they're not doused in sauces, etc. Hope you like your veggies! :)

3 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I know right🙄🤔I don't know why so many. I am beginning to lump mine together because really week 3 & 4 are almost the same with just a few additional.

I probably would have done the same. It's amazing how many variations there are with each nut/doc office. It would really be nice for a uniform guideline. Shorter the better. lol Seems to be working just fine. Glad you're taking the risk and going ahead.

5 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

When we're all getting smaller, we will all be getting more active too. More activity means we'll need to fuel our bodies more as well, and it would be possible to overdo it (with the wrong choices of food). But, you can always have a good amount of veggies and never overdo it; provided they're not doused in sauces, etc. Hope you like your veggies! :)

I do love my veggies. I make a roasted veggie dish every summer that has a little of everything from the garden. It is so simple just vegetables, salt pepper, garlic, basil, and some olive oil drizzled on top. So delicious 😃

Now I am craving lol

P.S. I almost forgot the cheese. You can add parmigiana or any cheese to the top if you like.