Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

2 hours ago, esaad said:

So, the only people that knew about my surgery was my grandparents, my mom, and my two best friends. Today, I kind o had an epiphany...why do I care if anyone else knows? I'm becoming heathy for me, and am changing my life. It is by no means easy, so why would I be ashamed and care what others' opinions are? Just sharing my life lesson of the day.

Great lesson! :) I don't care who knows...I've actually shared with many people! Yesterday I thought, maybe I'll end up being a coach or something for women going through the process of WLS. I have the heart to encourage and help other women in different aspects (currently, I've got a few friends having trouble with their marriages. They call me, I help and pray with them) I love getting together for coffees and some solid downtime talks. It's just who I am....and this just might be my training ground for the wls portion. ;)

2 hours ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Oh yes! That would be cool. The stitched ladies would be running things with our Protein Shakes and Water in our coolers. Watching our stitches heal and laughing while clutching our sides. Walking trips to the grocery planning of next phase of the diet. Kool party.

I could totally do the grocery trips! LOL

1 hour ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I have a hernia since i was 15 but never notice it until now. The surgeon is going to wait until im less in pounds before tackling that beast.

how do you know, besides the surgeon finding one, if you have a hernia?

She shoots she scores. Way to go our next meeting we take our pain medicine and play basketball and slam dunk them in the garbage. Great job!

LOL...That's was just too cute.

My update so far: Work is great. Only myself and the project manager (who is on the other side of the building) are here. I've managed to get through a great amount of emails and have all the to-do's in a pile by priority that I'll try to get tackled in a moment. I'm finding it to be uncomfortable sitting in my chair for too long. Maybe I should have worn my binder. (I took it off for today). I can't seem to get enough liquids! I'm extremely THIRSTY today; its been that way since I woke up. I'm on my second bottle of Water and I've had maybe 1/4 of a Protein Drink. I'm going to shoot for 5 bottles of water today, instead of 4 so I can not feel so thirsty. I can't stand it and the Protein Drinks don't help; they always make me feel thirsty. I did bring some unsweetened applesauce to try. Maybe. I need to walk...but it's raining. I guess I'll pace back and forth here in the office. :)

Oh...and ya'll....I've noticed some of your profiles say Pre-op still. LOL

Edited by Newme17

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

At 15, the doctor told my mom but she never told me until now when I told her the surgeon said i had one.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Oh...and ya'll....I've noticed some of your profiles say Pre-op still. LOL

do you know how to change it? I notice I have new badges under my name and I have no idea how they got there lol

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

My update so far: Work is great. Only myself and the project manager (who is on the other side of the building) are here. I've managed to get through a great amount of emails and have all the to-do's in a pile by priority that I'll try to get tackled in a moment. I'm finding it to be uncomfortable sitting in my chair for too long. Maybe I should have worn my binder. (I took it off for today). I can't seem to get enough liquids! I'm extremely THIRSTY today; its been that way since I woke up. I'm on my second bottle of Water and I've had maybe 1/4 of a Protein Drink. I'm going to shoot for 5 bottles of Water today, instead of 4 so I can not feel so thirsty. I can't stand it and the Protein Drinks don't help; they always make me feel thirsty. I did bring some unsweetened applesauce to try. Maybe. I need to walk...but it's raining. I guess I'll pace back and forth here in the office. :)

Glad to hear work is going ok for you. I noticed today that my brain still isn't 100% so maybe it is a good thing I took this week off. It took me forever to update our budget this morning, my brain just seems foggy.

So you have told everyone about you surgery? That is great. I wish I could be so open. I am working on it still. I bet you would be a great coach!! You seem to have a very caring personality.

At 15, the doctor told my mom but she never told me until now when I told her the surgeon said i had one.

Say what!? That's...well, I'll keep my words to myself. Sorry you found out so much more later, but equally happy you do know about and can get it dealt with.

28 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

do you know how to change it? I notice I have new badges under my name and I have no idea how they got there lol

I know if your on desktop, then go to the arrow next to your profile name. Select, I think ,SURGERY from the drop down. And change the date and/or select post-op in a section under it. I don't recall. I really have no idea if you're using the app. I'm gonna see if there's a way with the mobile, since that's great one I use most

i can't figure it out on the mobile

the badges come automatically. I think it's based on how many posts you do.

Edited by Newme17

36 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Glad to hear work is going ok for you. I noticed today that my brain still isn't 100% so maybe it is a good thing I took this week off. It took me forever to update our budget this morning, my brain just seems foggy.

So you have told everyone about you surgery? That is great. I wish I could be so open. I am working on it still. I bet you would be a great coach!! You seem to have a very caring personality.

I actually zoned out for the last two hours of my work day. Lol.

Yeah, I tell many people that I'm close to or an acquaintance with. Where I live, it was dubbed as one of the top ten cities of most overweight people. I'm sitting in my car now waiting to pick up my daughter and most everyone I see are overweight. I don't think we are the 1 in 3 nationally here. More like 2 out of 3. I am, and will be a WAS, one of them. I hope to help others if they're curious enough to ask questions further than me saying what I did. A good friend visited me this past weekend. She's overweight. We even worked out together trying to lose weight. She knew what I've decided and she's very excited for me. She also had tons of questions too. So I'm sure she's may have given it thought. And if she decides, I'll be right here for her.

Another part of it is the majority of the culture here. Mostly Hispanic. Their diets are TERRIBLE! That's not speaking for all of them though. I married a Hispanic man, he was blessed with high metabolism. His family struggle with their weight as well. All those yummy tacos play a big part. Lol. My favorite are egg and bean tacos. I miss them. Lol And there's a restaurant everywhere you look, it's ridiculous.

But if I can start a change through helping others with my story, then that's all that matters to me. Lower the risk of cancers significantly, diabetes, etc. that would be huge. I can't wait! 😊

And thank you for the compliment.

Edited by Newme17

I noticed today that one of my incisions is opening up. I called the doctor, and of course I have to come in. Thankfully, tomorrow is my last day off from work, not so thankfully, I have to drive 2 hours to get to my surgeons office. Boo. On the bright side , I'm doing good with my Protein today.

54 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I actually zoned out for the last two hours of my work day. Lol.

Yeah, I tell many people that I'm close to or an acquaintance with. Where I live, it was dubbed as one of the top ten cities of most overweight people. I'm sitting in my car now waiting to pick up my daughter and most everyone I see are overweight. I don't think we are the 1 in 3 nationally here. More like 2 out of 3. I am, and will be a WAS, one of them. I hope to help others if they're curious enough to ask questions further than me saying what I did. A good friend visited me this past weekend. She's overweight. We even worked out together trying to lose weight. She knew what I've decided and she's very excited for me. She also had tons of questions too. So I'm sure she's may have given it thought. And if she decides, I'll be right here for her.

Another part of it is the majority of the culture here. Mostly Hispanic. Their diets are TERRIBLE! That's not speaking for all of them though. I married a Hispanic man, he was blessed with high metabolism. His family struggle with their weight as well. All those yummy tacos play a big part. Lol. My favorite are egg and bean tacos. I miss them. Lol And there's a restaurant everywhere you look, it's ridiculous.

But if I can start a change through helping others with my story, then that's all that matters to me. Lower the risk of cancers significantly, diabetes, etc. that would be huge. I can't wait! 😊

And thank you for the compliment.

I smiled when I read your post because it sounded a lot like my husbands family. I married a Peruvian, and there are many in his family that are over weight. Most or a lot of their diet has a high amount of starchy carbs.

I asked my dh to please not tell anyone about my surgery and that lasted about one day. Before we even left Mexico he had told his older brother Luis. At first i was going to be angry with him, but then I took a minute to think before I spoke. I am glad that i did. I realized how selfish it was of me to not share my experience with him or anyone else who could benefit greatly from it. His brother must be somewhere between 300-350 pounds. He has a hard time getting around and many health issues. He is now looking into WLS.

My stance right now is I am not going to make it public knowledge, but I will share with those that ask and could benefit from some type of WLS.

I sure do like the chats we all have together online so I can imagine how much your friends appreciate you.

I had no idea until I had my EDG done. After that, however, it made sense since I had a weird bulge where it was. You would've thought that I would think that it was weird that my stomach stuck out in one spot. I thought it was just fat!