Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ladies, I'm 28 years old & I've been dealing with PCOS for 10 years now. I was sleeved 4/24 with high hopes that it will relieve my PCOS symptoms, regulate my cycle and allow me to have a baby in the near future!

Although I am only 2 weeks post op I will say my hidradenitis suppurativa has improved tremendously! And so has the acne on my face.

If only there were a permanent fix for the facial hair [emoji30]

I have PCOS as well with thyroid issues and I'm a slow loser. Honestly hun, I would never do this to my body to lose 30 pounds even if it saved me from being diabetic. You should try a low carb diet (the same as what you would be on after a sleeve). Also I had a Mirena put in and my irregular bleeding, acne, and little bit of facial hair (nothing compared to others but still) went away. I have been diagnosed since 17 and I'm 38 now. I needed fertility treatments to get pregnant but they were successful. Also, there is no guarantee you will not end up with diabetes even if you get to your ideal weight if it runs that strongly in your family. Please just seriously consider what you are risking for 30 pounds. Good luck on the diet and try the Mirena to help with symptoms.

It's worth trying a ketogenic diet to see if it would help before going under the knife. Complications from surgery are no joke, and so surgery really should be relegated to a last resort... Especially for a very young low BMI person. What is the harm in trying a diet for a year or two... The surgery isn't going anywhere....

1 hour ago, Mandybb said:

I have PCOS as well with thyroid issues and I'm a slow loser. Honestly hun, I would never do this to my body to lose 30 pounds even if it saved me from being diabetic. You should try a low carb diet (the same as what you would be on after a sleeve). Also I had a Mirena put in and my irregular bleeding, acne, and little bit of facial hair (nothing compared to others but still) went away. I have been diagnosed since 17 and I'm 38 now. I needed fertility treatments to get pregnant but they were successful. Also, there is no guarantee you will not end up with diabetes even if you get to your ideal weight if it runs that strongly in your family. Please just seriously consider what you are risking for 30 pounds. Good luck on the diet and try the Mirena to help with symptoms.

I have pcos and hypothyroidism too. What fertility treatments did you need if you dont mind me asking?

I have pcos and hypothyroidism too. What fertility treatments did you need if you dont mind me asking?

I had fertility injections using Gonal F. Twice a day I gave myself injections into my belly for 2 weeks. Then I used an HCG trigger shot to release my eggs and we conceived naturally at home in the privacy of our own bed, no IVF or IUI needed. It worked on the first try. It was a long road getting to this point (about 3 months) and some additional surgeries to fix my septum. I had 2 eggs that fertilized (twins), but only one boy made it past 10 weeks to delivery. The other egg absorbed into my lining and was no issue at all, other than a sad mommy.