Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cruise!? I'm so jealous:-). You can do this. Keep posting and reading others' posts. It really helps me stay motivated.

Yes I need to it really helped because I felt like I was the only one thinking the way I did. It's great to get other people's nonjudgmental perspectives. And yes my second one this year I was so depressed after surgery . That I had to give myself something to look forward to!

Yes I need to it really helped because I felt like I was the only one thinking the way I did. It's great to get other people's nonjudgmental perspectives. And yes my second one this year I was so depressed after surgery . That I had to give myself something to look forward to!

This whole thread was great to read. I'm post op but trying to absorb everything and prepare mentally for the challenges. If you don't mind me asking, why were you depressed after surgery? Was it related to the sleeve (feel free to tell me to mmob). I've read a couple of posts where people stated they were depressed or sad after surgery.

I was depressed because food has been my crutch and my comfort. I have used it to keep me stuck and keep people away. I was grieving, feeling a loss .... just to cold turkey be told I can't eat this or that yet be around it all the time. It was the hardest thing I've done. Now I'm just frustrated about being stuck constantly. I've started trying to excercise more but now I ache,tingle and feel yuck. I am feeling better but feel yucky more than good. Extremely tired of belching!! Lol

I don't remember being depressed but I do remember horrible feelings of regret. I was envious of other being able to eat what they wanted. It helped me to remember that nobody told me what to eat and what not to eat. I pursued WLS, I made the decision to do it, I restricted myself from eating whatever I want and I am the only one that can pull myself out of the funk I was in. When I accepted responsibility for my current situation I didn't feel slighted, or blaming of others around me. It really did help. We do this for ourselves and to make a better life for us and our families who love us. Makes restriction easier to follow.

Belching! Ugh! It helps to eat slower and learn when to not take that last bite that pushes you over the edge of full. I still haven't perfected it but I am getting better.

Take care

I wasn't depressed. I did have to feel all my feelings. I couldn't numb them out with food. So that was just different. It allowed me to get to know myself in a new way. I also had to find new ways to sefl sooth and calm down and new ways to Celebrate.

In the end it was a very positive learning experience. It was just rough when it happened.

I didn't mourn food though. I knew the amount of time I could only eat a little would be short, and there is nothing that I want to eat that I can't now. I found eating out with people and friends more enjoyable because instead of trying to get full or get my monies worth, I concentrate on people and experiences more than food.

17 hours ago, New Me 31317 said:

7 weeks post RNY and only down 24 pounds...i get about 500-600 cals and 65-75 grams of protein...feel like I made a mistake getting this surgery ☹️

When is the last time you lost 3.5 pounds a week for over a month?

Not a mistake because it was a well thought out decision you made . I felt like that too believe me was really kicking myself. But this was my last hope to get healthy and feel better about myself. I was so tired of gaining and losing and never getting to a good weight. I am 7 weeks out and now that my food choices are expanding it scares me. I'm actually getting in above 900 calories now . I was hoping for quick fix but as I am reminded it's not. This was just to help the process because nothing else was working. Please don't lose hope keep doing what you are instructed and the weight will come off!!! Positive thoughts!! I fight it every day!!! Good luck

I don't get these unrealistic expectations! How long did it take to gain 35 lbs? This is not a magic surgery that will dissolve your fat In record time. I guess we all wished there were a pill that would cancel all our calories & bad choices. I am only 3 weeks post op today and just got over a 10 day stall on the scale despite walking 2-3 miles per day. Yes, it is frustrating to not see the scale reflect my hard work but my reflection in the mirror showed that my face had slimmed, I lost a chin, and my pants were getting baggy. Celebrate the non scale victories as the scale does not reflect all of your efforts on a daily basis. I have only lost 15 lbs since surgery. Be patient and make good choices. You will eventually see more results as your body overcomes the trauma it has just endured.