Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got the call today that my insurance was approved and my surgery date is May 9th. Since my body is not so big the doctor said the tools would fit in my body easily therefore I didnt have to follow a long liquid diet. Im so excited. Is anybody else scheduled for May 9th.?

Sent from my SM-N900V using BariatricPal mobile app

May 9th here as well, though I have been on a pre-op diet. Only 3 more days!!!

On 5/4/2017 at 0:18 PM, Queen Ess said:

Just got the call today that my insurance was approved and my surgery date is May 9th. Since my body is not so big the doctor said the tools would fit in my body easily therefore I didnt have to follow a long liquid diet. Im so excited. Is anybody else scheduled for May 9th.?

Hey my date is May 9th

On 5/4/2017 at 0:18 PM, Queen Ess said:

Heeeyyyy! My date is May 9th also! Best of luck to you!

I was required to stay on the diet for 14 days. The first few days were rough but manageable. It's harder on the weekends for me, and I have slipped a few times. I'm mainly required to drink two Protein Shakes and have unlimited veggies and one small dinner daily. Im down 10 lbs though.

7 minutes ago, msally85 said:

I was required to stay on the diet for 14 days. The first few days were rough but manageable. It's harder on the weekends for me, and I have slipped a few times. I'm mainly required to drink two Protein Shakes and have unlimited veggies and one small dinner daily. Im down 10 lbs though.

Girl this liquid diet is so hard! I'm on day 8 of the required 10 days. And mine is strictly 2-3 Protein Shakes (Bariatric Advantage), Water, broth, & sugar free Popsicles and Jello. The struggle is so real around here! I've slipped a couple of times, but all I had was bag baked salmon. In my mind I didn't do too bad because I ate something high in protein! What have you eaten?

Im excited to see how it goes for all of you! How is your liquid diet going?

My pre-op diet isn't liquid, just has to be low carb, high Protein & under 800 cals a day. It's fairly easy for me, I'm really not hungry most of the time lately. Day 4/5 was the worst. I've decided that today I'll start doing all liquids though until surgery. I'd like to get down into the 230s before surgery (241 the past couple days, started at 260 before diet).

Good for you girl , yes it definitely does get eveb harder on weekends. At least you get to have one small dinner!

Girl this liquid diet is so hard! I'm on day 8 of the required 10 days. And mine is strictly 2-3 Protein Shakes (Bariatric Advantage), Water, broth, & sugar free Popsicles and Jello. The struggle is so real around here! I've slipped a couple of times, but all I had was bag baked salmon. In my mind I didn't do too bad because I ate something high in protein! What have you eaten?

I was only required a 5 day liquid diet, but even then it has been hard for me! My diet restrictions are the same as yours except I could have smashed potatoes... yesterday I wanted to have smash potatoes so I decided to go buy one at KFC.. & once I was there girl I jist ordered a Famous chicken bowl instead. I ate that thing like there was no tomorrow... and then a couple hours later I regreted it. So far I havent had anything but a Protein Shake. Im punishing myself . It is hard girl.

My pre-op diet isn't liquid, just has to be low carb, high Protein & under 800 cals a day. It's fairly easy for me, I'm really not hungry most of the time lately. Day 4/5 was the worst. I've decided that today I'll start doing all liquids though until surgery. I'd like to get down into the 230s before surgery (241 the past couple days, started at 260 before diet).

You are so lucky you don't have to be on a liquid diet. Mine is a combination of a liquid diet equaling to 800 cals a day also. My weight is currently 225..

I was only required a 5 day liquid diet, but even then it has been hard for me! My diet restrictions are the same as yours except I could have smashed potatoes... yesterday I wanted to have smash potatoes so I decided to go buy one at KFC.. & once I was there girl I jist ordered a Famous chicken bowl instead. I ate that thing like there was no tomorrow... and then a couple hours later I regreted it. So far I havent had anything but a Protein Shake. Im punishing myself . It is hard girl.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] I know how you feel about that KFC bowl! I felt so bad when I ate that fish..... But it was Soo good!!! My mother is here now to help me, so my days of "cheating" are O-V-E-R!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] I know how you feel about that KFC bowl! I felt so bad when I ate that fish..... But it was Soo good!!! My mother is here now to help me, so my days of "cheating" are O-V-E-R!!!

And I'm so over these Protein shakes! It gets harder & harder to get them down. They are too thick for me so I drink them with a straw. I don't know how I'm gonna manage after surgery. I think I may try some of the protein juices.

And I'm so over these Protein shakes! It gets harder & harder to get them down. They are too thick for me so I drink them with a straw. I don't know how I'm gonna manage after surgery. I think I may try some of the protein juices.

I like the caramel Premier Protein shakes those are good! I thought you are not supposed to drink with a straw? Im just going to sleep until Tuesday to avoid being hungry and not think about food lol