Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VERY FRUSTRATED WITH SURGEONS OFFICE

5 hours ago, TaRena said:

I'm just getting to read about what happened on Friday. I'm frustrated FOR you. Not only are you being lied to but the surgeon has lost your chart! Really?! Makes you feel confident in your team. It almost sounds like everyone is just passing the buck. Your only alternative is to change teams but that would mean starting all over from square one. SMH! I do hope you get resolution to this and fast. I'm rooting for you and pray you do get the satisfaction you deserve.

Thank you for the support! I'm eagerly waiting to see if I actually hear from them tomorrow. I'm just trying to relax a bit today, but it is ever present in my mind!

Thank you for the support! I'm eagerly waiting to see if I actually hear from them tomorrow. I'm just trying to relax a bit today, but it is ever present in my mind!

I would be calling them if they hadn't called within the the first hour of opening. As much as you've been pushed aside they should me making you and the issue a priority. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Make some noise. I'm not saying be disrespectful but definitely make it known you're unhappy with the way things have been handled. Good luck tomorrow I'll be checking in on you. That is...after my first Nutritionist appointment! Woohoo! [emoji2]

Ta Rena

I'll keep you posted! Good luck with your nut appointment! It feels great when things start moving for us! I made quite a bit of noise for the doctor office. I will call them if there is no response right away. I am definitely starting to speak up for myself with all this.

This is crazy. How do you lose a chart. I sat in the waiting room over 2 hrs once and they were closing and the girl forgot to pull my chart so they didn't remember I was in their waiting room. But this wls journey has been the most stressful thing and crap like this only makes it harder.

This is crazy. How do you lose a chart. I sat in the waiting room over 2 hrs once and they were closing and the girl forgot to pull my chart so they didn't remember I was in their waiting room. But this wls journey has been the most stressful thing and crap like this only makes it harder.

This has been a crazy roller coaster for me. I called again today and my surgeons secretary told me he is not in until Thursday, so yet again I must sit and wait. My surgeon works in 3 departments in the hospital and they say he left my chart in one of the other departments by mistake. He is in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and oncology surgery. I'm just so anxious and frustrated with the being on hold since 2/27/17. I'm hoping for a date in late June to early July.

Do you have an option for another surgical office, not just another surgeon in the same practice? I don't think you would be starting over. All the files and history could be transferred.

Also try talking to the surgeon. I did this for another surgery I had that was administratively screwed up. The doctor had no clue what was going on in the office part. He was not happy as it was costing him money and not getting to the OR faster. The office completely changed after that. They were on the insurance and follow up appointments. Made a difference.

Good luck.

Any news [mention=308264]ColleenErin1974[/mention]?

Today the secretary was going to talk the surgeon and straighten out the surgery date. No call as of 7pm today. I hope to hear something tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

So, I know that this is hard to believe, but again it's Friday and no surgery date! I called there 5 times today and kept getting a voice mail. I'm not sure, but maybe they aren't there on Fridays?? Anyhow, I have to wait until Monday again and call them again.
What I wanted to tell the secretary was I cannot do any date from 6/1-6/19. My daughters are coming to see me in Texas from upstate New York. I am excited to see them and hug them! I haven't seen them since last summer. I went up to New York for my younger daughters high school graduation. Today is her 19th bday! And my other daughter is 21. I can't wait to see them! I don't want to have the surgery while they are here.
I am still overly frustrated about no date yet, but I can now focus on my kids coming and keeping me occupied.
So, I will wait some more! Ugh!

13 hours ago, ColleenErin1974 said:

So, I know that this is hard to believe, but again it's Friday and no surgery date! I called there 5 times today and kept getting a voice mail. I'm not sure, but maybe they aren't there on Fridays?? Anyhow, I have to wait until Monday again and call them again.
What I wanted to tell the secretary was I cannot do any date from 6/1-6/19. My daughters are coming to see me in Texas from upstate New York. I am excited to see them and hug them! I haven't seen them since last summer. I went up to New York for my younger daughters high school graduation. Today is her 19th bday! And my other daughter is 21. I can't wait to see them! I don't want to have the surgery while they are here.
I am still overly frustrated about no date yet, but I can now focus on my kids coming and keeping me occupied.
So, I will wait some more! Ugh!

That is a darn shame they're making me crazy. I hate waiting on people's decision just give you an answer already or let you know something like they are working on it. I will keep you in my thoughts hang in there.

I agree with pattycaketoo. Go and see them in person. If it still doesn't work, I would change surgeons. Your records can be transferred to your new surgeon's office, and they have to send those records. You should not have to start over. You have already done what you are required to do. But I have great doubts over whether or not this surgeon is up to the task. Maybe he is taking on too much. He certainly has not put you or your surgery at the priority it should be.

OMG! You will never guess what happened to me an hour ago! My phone finally rang! On the other end was my surgeons office and I know you're thinking,"It just can't be!" But yes, I finally have a surgery date!!!!! June 21st is my day!
So, it took them 4 months to give me a date! The tension headache I've had since February is gone!
Thank you all for listening to my rants and supporting me! I'm so glad you are all on here and help keeping everyone's heads up even though I felt beaten.
Now I can smile and work my way to the losers bench![emoji12]

4 minutes ago, ColleenErin1974 said:

OMG! You will never guess what happened to me an hour ago! My phone finally rang! On the other end was my surgeons office and I know you're thinking,"It just can't be!" But yes, I finally have a surgery date!!!!! June 21st is my day!
So, it took them 4 months to give me a date! The tension headache I've had since February is gone!
Thank you all for listening to my rants and supporting me! I'm so glad you are all on here and help keeping everyone's heads up even though I felt beaten.
Now I can smile and work my way to the losers bench!

Oh @colleen1974 i am totally happy for you. I am besides myself with happiness i wish you continued success.

Oh [mention=270383]colleen1974[/mention] i am totally happy for you. I am besides myself with happiness i wish you continued success.

Thank you so much! June is going to be the best month I've had in the last few years! June 1st my daughters are coming to Texas to see me from upstate NY. They leave 6/19, then 6/21 my journey to post op begins!
I'm finally relaxed a bit since the call came.