Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do to up your protein and calories?

Eggs in the morning is my plan. Some bacon. I like to make egg muffins because they freeze well and you can add your own toppings for variety. My two chickens will be working overtime!

Does anyone know of a good but healthy Peanut Butter for Protein? I saw peanut butter powder and that looked interesting.

I do the PB2 powder. I put it in my yogurt. I love it!!

Eggs in the morning is my plan. Some bacon. I like to make egg muffins because they freeze well and you can add your own toppings for variety. My two chickens will be working overtime!

Does anyone know of a good but healthy Peanut Butter for Protein? I saw peanut butter powder and that looked interesting.

Will you please share your recipe for egg muffins? I would like to try it.

I eat 7-8 times per day, about 2 hours apart. I even did that at 6-7 weeks post-op. I was able to leave Protein Shakes behind after 4 weeks (once I was allowed to bring some meat back in the post-op diet progression). At 6-7 weeks post-op, I was getting about 900 calories per day, now I eat around 1200 calories. I was getting 80-90 grams of Protein at 6-7 weeks post-op; I now get 100-120 grams now. Now and then I keep/kept my carbs at 20 grams or less per day.
If it helps, here is what I eat in a day.
Meal #1: 1 scrambled egg with 1/2 piece of American cheese and 2 oz of chicken breast
Meal #2: 4 oz cottage cheese with 1 T of sugar-free strawberry preserves
Meal #3: 3 oz chicken breast and 1 string cheese
Meal #4: 3 oz salmon with 1 oz green beans
Meal #5: 3 oz chicken breast and 1 oz green beans
Meal #6: 2 oz hamburger steak (90% lean) and 1 oz green beans
Meal #7: 3 oz chicken breast and 1 string cheese
Meal #8: 4 oz cottage cheese with 1 T of sugar-free strawberry preserves

Wow! I could live on that lol. 4 days post op so missing "real" food. Is this your weight loss or maintenance diet and when did you start on this post op?

16 minutes ago, Propo said:

Wow! I could live on that lol. 4 days post op so missing "real" food. Is this your weight loss or maintenance diet and when did you start on this post op?

I've been on this diet, more or less, since 2 months post-op when I finished going through the food stages. At 2 months post-op, most of the meats were at 2 oz rather than 3 oz, but over the months I worked my way up to 1200- 1300 calories.

I still have about 20 pounds to lose, so I am still in weight loss mode. I have definitely trained myself to look at food as fuel and nothing else, but it helps to actually eat things that you like. I plan to continue to eat this way long-term, making adjustments as necessary when I enter maintenance in a few months.

On 4/20/2017 at 5:08 PM, blizair09 said:

I eat 7-8 times per day, about 2 hours apart. I even did that at 6-7 weeks post-op. I was able to leave Protein Shakes behind after 4 weeks (once I was allowed to bring some meat back in the post-op diet progression). At 6-7 weeks post-op, I was getting about 900 calories per day, now I eat around 1200 calories. I was getting 80-90 grams of Protein at 6-7 weeks post-op; I now get 100-120 grams now. Now and then I keep/kept my carbs at 20 grams or less per day.

If it helps, here is what I eat in a day.

Meal #1: 1 scrambled egg with 1/2 piece of American cheese and 2 oz of chicken breast

Meal #2: 4 oz cottage cheese with 1 T of sugar-free strawberry preserves

Meal #3: 3 oz chicken breast and 1 string cheese

Meal #4: 3 oz salmon with 1 oz green Beans

Meal #5: 3 oz chicken breast and 1 oz green Beans

Meal #6: 2 oz hamburger steak (90% lean) and 1 oz green beans

Meal #7: 3 oz chicken breast and 1 string cheese

Meal #8: 4 oz cottage cheese with 1 T of sugar-free strawberry preserves

How in the world do you prep all that and take it to work???

17 minutes ago, AP2017 said:

How in the world do you prep all that and take it to work???

I do it every day, so it is just a routine now. (I do cook all of the chicken on Sundays and use it all week since I eat that more than anything else. Also, I do a big batch of green Beans once a week and just measure them out and warm them up.)

I'm 6.5 weeks post op. I am currently allowed to eat anything. My plan says 3 oz Protein with 1/2 cup veggies. And when getting enough protein without a Protein Drink add 1/4 cup grain.
I don't eat much in the morning, but I have been eating 1/2 a banana or a string cheese. Then my two other meals and maybe some string cheese or such as a snack. I'm not able to eat the grains yet. I want to be able to meet my protein goal without my protein drink. What do you all recommend? I currently go to the gym 4 days a week so I'd like to be at the higher end. Yesterday I managed to get 93g with my Protein Shake (premier protein), so without it it was on,y 63g.
I'm assuming this will go hand in hand with the upping protein, but I also would like to up my calories, I'm barely getting 600-800 per day. I don't want to lower my metabolism by eating that low for to long.
Any advice is helpful. I know I'm still not far out so I guess it would get better the farther out I get

Hey there's this great protein that's flavorless at GNC called gene pro. It has 30 grams of protein per scoop. You can add it to your milk, yogurt and even your Water. That's one way to up your protein.
As far as calories go, I'm about 2.5 weeks post op and I'm on soft foods and I'm having issues getting my calories in. My minimum is 800 but I average about 450 to about maybe 600. My dietician recommended I add some mayo or low carb dressing to help add calories. I use sour cream, cream cheese, blue cheese or even land of lakes butter. I usually add it to my eggs, chicken, tuna and fish.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

I've been on this diet, more or less, since 2 months post-op when I finished going through the food stages. At 2 months post-op, most of the meats were at 2 oz rather than 3 oz, but over the months I worked my way up to 1200- 1300 calories.
I still have about 20 pounds to lose, so I am still in weight loss mode. I have definitely trained myself to look at food as fuel and nothing else, but it helps to actually eat things that you like. I plan to continue to eat this way long-term, making adjustments as necessary when I enter maintenance in a few months.

Super. Definitely going to use some of your ideas when I get past the food stages. Liquids are hard!

I also use GENEPRO Protein powder... it is tasteless and dissolves completely... just don't add it to really hot liquids. I buy mine from Amazon

Edited by rainyann

Following