Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have bcbs all documents were mailed out last Tuesday to the insurance company. I called my insurance to confirm they received the documents from my doctor's office, but they haven't. The surgery coordinater thinks they could have got lost in the mail. She is resubmitting, and bcbs said they would take a fax instead of mailing them since it had already gotten lost. I'm beyond frustrated I want a surgery date. The anticipation is killing me, lol... Anyone else have this has happen?

I'm meeting with my surgeon on May 12th. I hope I get my date then. Anticipation is killing me also. my life is totally on hold !!! I had issues with insurance but I called earlier this week and they said they're just waiting for the surgery submission so I hope I am all set.good luck

9 hours ago, ready_forchange said:

lost in the mail

Classic excuse for not submitting in the first place. But, it could very well be lost in the mail. Hope it gets resolved for you. I'll be asking "what day will my paperwork be submitted so I can call my insurance company to verify they've received it?" It puts a little pressure on the coordinator to get it done.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:53 PM, ready_forchange said:

I have bcbs all documents were mailed out last Tuesday to the insurance company. I called my insurance to confirm they received the documents from my doctor's office, but they haven't. The surgery coordinater thinks they could have got lost in the mail. She is resubmitting, and bcbs said they would take a fax instead of mailing them since it had already gotten lost. I'm beyond frustrated I want a surgery date. The anticipation is killing me, lol... Anyone else have this has happen?

Who submits in the mail this day and age? Excuses, excuses. Hopefully soon they'll actually submit it for real.

Who submits in the mail this day and age? Excuses, excuses. Hopefully soon they'll actually submit it for real.

They ended up accepting it via fax because supposedly it got lost. I was approved today so only took three days for my insurance to make a decision. I'm would be having surgery 2 weeks earlier if it wasn't for that, ugggg.

2 minutes ago, ready_forchange said:

They ended up accepting it via fax because supposedly it got lost. I was approved today so only took three days for my insurance to make a decision. I'm would be having surgery 2 weeks earlier if it wasn't for that, ugggg.

Hey, congratulations! I lost a couple of months because I wasn't as proactive in the beginning. I could've had this surgery in February, but oh well. Spring is a time of rebirth--for flowers and trees and us sleeves.

Hey, congratulations! I lost a couple of months because I wasn't as proactive in the beginning. I could've had this surgery in February, but oh well. Spring is a time of rebirth--for flowers and trees and us sleeves.

I was super on top of things, I had all my tests completed a couple months ago. All I was waiting on was last doctor's note. My doctor told me to make sure to schedule appointments asap because sometimes the waiting is as couple months. When did you have surgery, or have you yet?

Just now, ready_forchange said:

I was super on top of things, I had all my tests completed a couple months ago. All I was waiting on was last doctor's note. My doctor told me to make sure to schedule appointments asap because sometimes the waiting is as couple months. When did you have surgery, or have you yet?

My surgery is Monday morning at 7:10. The biggest thing that threw my surgery schedule off is that I went on a cruise for a week and Florida for a week. They didn't want me flying within six weeks after surgery so I had to wait until afterwards. But when I went to my first appointment Dec. 21, 2016, I had every test I could possibly need already done and with me for that first appointment. I had my sleep study, mammogram, chest X-ray, ultrasound, a ton of lab work...I mean everything. I thought it might help in getting a date sooner, but I learned I can't rush their order/system.

My biggest mistake was waiting a month for a letter they said would come that would officially welcome me into the program and tell me what I still needed to do. I waited for four weeks and nothing came. When I finally called, I found out they were running behind because of the holidays, but when you're nice, they'll slip your name onto the top pile. By the time I found that out I would've needed to have my surgery within three weeks to make that six week 'no fly' cut off, and it just didn't happen.

Oh well. It all worked out like it should.

Best of luck to you...I'm 1 week post op. Keep us posted.