Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 weeks post op, 30 lbs lost & I have stalled. Well, not only have I stalled but I gained 2 pounds in the last couple days ???? Wth??? That is mathematically impossible as I would have to be consuming an additional 7000 calories a week to gain a pound. I am NOT..... unless this Water weight fluctuation &/ or PMS....I cannot think this type of restrictive dieting can lead to any gain.

Please please shed some light on this for me.

I am 6 weeks post op, 30 lbs lost & I have stalled. Well, not only have I stalled but I gained 2 pounds in the last couple days ???? Wth??? That is mathematically impossible as I would have to be consuming an additional 7000 calories a week to gain a pound. I am NOT..... unless this Water weight fluctuation &/ or PMS....I cannot think this type of restrictive dieting can lead to any gain.

Gaining a little is normal.

Get off the scale for the next two to three weeks. During a stall you can see ups and downs daily. When I hit a stall I don't weigh for about two weeks and it helps. Worst thing you can do during a stall is weigh yourself daily. Trust me you'll just feel it one day and you'll know your stall is over. I did and got on the scale and dropped almost 10 pounds.

I totally understand!
I have been stuck for a week now - I'm 4 weeks out today.
I definitely need to stop weighing myself!
I'm also due for my period so hopefully it's just that...... I keep getting scared I'm never gonna loose anymore lol

I think it feels so good to finally see ourselves losing that when we hit a stall it truly scares us and brings back that fear. I started my period yesterday, so now I know why I stalled and will just keep trucking! It has to come off eventually! Hang in there!

I'm 5 weeks out, and right before I stalled I gained 3 pounds. This stall is 3 weeks now. I am hoping my body is ready to start losing again. I feel like it. I just keep doing what I need to do, and I track my food on myfitnesspal. I did cut out the 100 calorie no sugar added fudgesicle and went back to the 30 calorie popsicle. My doctor and nut were happy, but it is hard to not get the gratification of seeing the scale move. I think it is pretty normal to have a big weight loss after a stall.

On 4/2/2017 at 5:54 AM, snapy17 said:

You are most likely gaining pounds of body mass while at the same time losing percentage of body fat. I had my second post op last week and I only lost two pounds on his scale, but gained four pounds of body mass and lost 4% of body fat. This is normal and good! It boosts your metbaolism. Can you notice inches lost in your clothes? Don't worry about what the scale says. There is no way you won't lose eight. It will keep coming off but the numbers my not reflect on your scale.