Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2017 sleevers?

Glad to hear everyone is doing well[emoji2] I had my one week check up yesterday and I'm down 12 pounds since surgery on the 19[emoji1474] I am also able to guzzle Water, although I do catch myself after 4 gulps[emoji15]
I don't do it all the time but I get tired of sipping when I get thirsty...I have to be on full liquids another week before I start purée which sucks because I'm so tired of liquids[emoji37]

3 hours ago, melissa16 said:

I had surgery on 4/26. I got to leave after one night and come home. Also have a horrible headache that won't go away. Aside from being constantly sleepy, I feel okay.

It's Pretty normal to be sleepy. You're body has Been through a lot. If at all possible listen to your body. I'm working on building my strength as well. I think that mentally we tend to think that Just because it was done through scopes that it's not that big of a deal but your body is still going through a lot. Hang in there!

Edited by Longing4ch8nge

It's Pretty normal to be sleepy. You're body has Been through a lot. If at all possible listen to your body. I'm working on building my strength as well. I think that mentally we tend to think that Just because it was done through scopes that it's not that big of a deal but your body is still going through a lot. Hang in there!

Thank you for the advice. Glad I'm not alone!! [emoji16]

I had surgery on April 20th. Still trying hard to get my Protein and fluids every day. Otherwise I feel okay, still sore but Tylenol is enough to help.

Was sleeved on April 10th, feeling nauseous and just blah. Called the Drs office, they said that I am most likely dehydrated. I am having a hard time getting my fluids in and also my Protein Shakes are very hard for me to stomach. I thought that I was doing good, then all of a sudden I hit a wall. I just want to feel good again!!

Sent from my VS990 using BariatricPal mobile app

So sorry to hear that you've hit a wall. So frustrating after all of the hard work we go through! I was sleeved on April 19th. I felt great my first week then ended up with shingles and haven't felt great since then. Thankfully I am able to drink ok but found I have a hard time with "plain" Water but was getting really sick of the sweet crystal lite kind. I now add a small amount of lemon to my water and that helps. Also another sleever suggested to try and drink a bottle of water as soon as I wake up to get a "jump" on it. I keep it right next to my bed and start as soon as I wake up. To help with my Protein, I got some "unflavored" Protein Powder that I add to food. I am a little tired of the shakes, too. Made the mistake of buying a different brand recently that really upset my stomach. Thankfully the teenage son is happy to take them! Good luck on getting past this hurdle!

I made my first mini-goal of 208, but I don't know when it happened, because I went from 210 to 207 in the span of a day. I'm super excited to get one out of the way!! Didn't even take a month.

Next mini-goal is 175, which is the lowest I'd be in over 5 years, and really, the lowest I remember being since I've had kids. I don't expect this one to come as quickly or easily as the first goal.

Sleeved on 4/22 here [emoji7]