Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 Days Post Op and I Feel like the food I'm eating daily is wrong.. HELP ME!

Hi all, I am 12 days post op and I feel like ever since I got out of hospital I have been eating high sugar/high fat food and not enough Protein.< br /> Can anyone please give me a sample day of what I should be eating in pureed stage?

This is me right now:

Breakfast: 3 dessert spoons of yogurt (mango flavor)
Lunch: chicken Soup (chicken/potato/carrots) pureed or Shrimp Bisque (evaporated milk, prawns) pureed about 1/4 - 1/2 cup
Dinner: chicken broth OR Optifast shake (so high in sugar yuck)

What should I do I really want to be good?!

I have purchased ingredients to make ricotta bake as I've seen in other pages but I dont know if it's good for me anyway!?!

SO LOST!

8 minutes ago, Jesm1029 said:

Greek yogurt okios triple zero are good I would do sugar free pops at your stage and sugar free Jello. When I got to the soft foods I would scramble egg whites cheese wedges are really good. Premiere Protein is delicious banana flavor is my favorite

Thank you! Anyone else what do is your daily menu?

In my puree stage I had fat free refried Beans, deviled eggs, & was allowed baked salmon, tuna with low fat mayo, & ricotta bake. It went by fast. No problems for me, I still lost like 5 more pounds during this phase (my 4th week pre-op).

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 180.8
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

Hi all, I am 12 days post op and I feel like ever since I got out of hospital I have been eating high sugar/high fat  food and not enough  Protein.
Can anyone please give me a sample day of what I should be eating in  pureed stage?

This is me right now:
Lunch:  chicken  Soup (chicken/potato/carrots) pureed or Shrimp Bisque (evaporated milk, prawns) pureed about 1/4 - 1/2 cup
Dinner: chicken  broth OR  Optifast  shake (so high in sugar yuck)

I have purchased ingredients to make ricotta bake as I've seen in other pages but I dont know if it's good for me anyway!?!
SO LOST!

I believe as long as you're eating fat free, low fat, low carbs, high Protein you should be fine. Ricotta bake has a lot of protein because all the cheeses. The chicken potato with carrots on your list you should watch out for because potatoes & carrots are starchy. But if your nutritionist approved it, you're fine.

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 180.8
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

Chrissy, the Soup you mentioned have carrots and potatoes, these root veggies are very starchy and carb laden, the evaporated mill may also be high in fat. You may want to check with your nutritionist to get your target nutrients then just be sure to be aware of these when buying your foods or preparing.

I also recommend using an app like myfitnesspal to track all of your meals and nutrients.

Hi! I'm 12 days out too and I feel like I don't have a good plan either... Except cheese, I really don't know what to eat. sugar free pudding has nothing in it, pureed Soups taste like (bip) and basically no food is hurting my sleeve or making me feel uncomfortable. It's so weird, I can eat about anything but in very very small quantity. I've been eating a bit of hummus and tofu spread, I'm trying soft things but with a little more chunks. You could ask your nutritionnist about chicken spread, egg spread and make them yourself so they could be low-fat and high in Proteins? :)

On 3/26/2017 at 3:37 AM, chrissyliezl said:

Hi all, I am 12 days post op and I feel like ever since I got out of hospital I have been eating high sugar/high fat food and not enough Protein.
Can anyone please give me a sample day of what I should be eating in pureed stage?

This is me right now:

Lunch: chicken Soup (chicken/potato/carrots) pureed or Shrimp Bisque (evaporated milk, prawns) pureed about 1/4 - 1/2 cup
Dinner: chicken broth OR Optifast shake (so high in sugar yuck)

SO LOST!

What do you feel is high sugar/fat in your food list? Unless the Soup is full fat & cream based I can't imagine the nutritional info being that terrible. Yes, you do need to be careful with Soups as they can hide a lot of "bad" in them, but if you stick with light versions and avoid the heavy cream stuff they'll be fine in a diet. Greek yogurt is much better nutritionally than regular yogurts. I second the recommendation for the Oikos triple zero. They have some awesome flavors. I believe Yoplait makes a 100 calorie Greek yogurt that is really good as well.

You're right in your thinking of getting into the habit of avoiding food with high sugar/carb content, but at this point your #1 goal is to focus on Protein (60g minimum) and Water intake (64 oz min). Protein Shakes can get boring as hell in that phase but you're better off having that over a soup that is high carb/fat and little protein. If you feel your current protein power/drink is too high in sugar than look to other brands. These days most stores like Wal-Mart even have a decent selection of protein powders, or get something from Amazon if you don't have many options nearby. Just search the board for "protein powder recommendations" and you'll get a ton of results. Just skim through some threads and you'll see what the popular brands are.