Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little disappointed

Here are my Post op stats (Terrible)

Post op stats...

Week 1 - 5lbs lost

Wk 2 - 9 lbs

Wk 3 - 7 lbs

Wk 4 - 3 lbs

Wk 5 - 2 lbs

Wk 6 - 2 lbs

Wk 7 - 0 lbs

Wk 8 - 0 lbs

Wk 9 - 0 lbs

I suck at this

Those are not terrible stats! Those are great! Almost everyone goes through a stall a few weeks after surgery. Usually it's around the 3 week mark but you have been losing weight all the way up to 6 weeks!

Do NOT compare your weight loss to anyone else's journey. There are many factors in play why someone might lose faster or slower than someone else. Sex, age, starting weight, activity, and medical issues all play a part in how our bodies react and lose.

You have lost 28 pounds! That is nothing to scoff at! BE proud of what you have accomplished already. If you don't stop comparing your journey to other's you are just setting yourself up for mental anguish, frustration, back sliding, and failure.

You can and will do this. Try to also take your measurements because sometimes the scale doesn't move but your inches go down.

You've got to be kidding.

Adjust your weight loss expectations, or you're going to be constantly disappointed.

13254394_10208847862289770_3417482825694144814_n.jpg

13254394_10208847862289770_3417482825694144814_n.jpg

Edited by Greensleevie

Edited by Greensleevie

Edited by Greensleevie
Duplicate

Here are my Post op stats (Terrible)
Post op stats...
Week 1 - 5lbs lost
Wk 2 - 9 lbs
Wk 3 - 7 lbs
Wk 4 - 3 lbs
Wk 5 - 2 lbs
Wk 6 - 2 lbs
Wk 7 - 0 lbs
Wk 8 - 0 lbs
Wk 9 - 0 lbs
I suck at this [emoji31][emoji31][emoji25][emoji24]

28 pounds in about 2 months is Awesome!!! Considering this looks like your 1st stall. Many people talk about a stall in week 2 or 3 and you dont seem like you had one then. Follow the basics from your nut and surgeon and the pounds will come off.

If my stats are anywhere like yours I would be ecstatic! We did not gain this weight overnight, so unfortunately as much as we would love to just lose it overnight, it is not going to happen

Yes I do feel better. And you guys are right, I can't compare myself to others. Although they make it look like magic, I've got to realize that most have been sleeved for a longer period of time.
I was just hoping to keep up the momentum as in the beginning.
I do need to take my eyes off the scale every week and maybe try every month. I thought I was behind everyone in their weight loss journey.

Those are not terrible stats! Those are great! Almost everyone goes through a stall a few weeks after surgery. Usually it's around the 3 week mark but you have been losing weight all the way up to 6 weeks!

Do NOT compare your weight loss to anyone else's journey. There are many factors in play why someone might lose faster or slower than someone else. Sex, age, starting weight, activity, and medical issues all play a part in how our bodies react and lose.

You have lost 28 pounds! That is nothing to scoff at! BE proud of what you have accomplished already. If you don't stop comparing your journey to other's you are just setting yourself up for mental anguish, frustration, back sliding, and failure.

You can and will do this. Try to also take your measurements because sometimes the scale doesn't move but your inches go down.

Maybe I've gained more muscle. ???

Maybe I've gained more muscle. ???

@ConnieY hmm...possible but you shouldn't have been doing much weight lifting so soon after surgery. It's more that our bodies need time to adjust to the new calorie intake and surgery. Like I said, try to start taking your measurements. When the scale doesn't move, focus on how your clothes fit and how much better you can move around. The numbers on the scale are not the end all be all of weight loss.

You and I are identical for the first 5 weeks. I am 5 1/2 weeks out and have lost 29 pounds. I have not weighed myself for week 6 yet. I have been pretty excited about my loss because there is no way in hell I'd have done it without my tiny tummy:/).

Still motivated and going strong...!! Hang in there!