Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded??? Check in here

I got banded yesterday. I can say it was worse than both of my C-sections. I got really sick from the anesthesia. I didn't sleep last night. I'm hoping every day will get better, but I'm pretty miserable at the moment. I know this will be worth it eventually. I'm trying to drink a lot, but I'm just SO hungry. My growling stomach and the gas pains along with the incision pains are making for a fun day. Anyway, hopefully the hardest part is over!:omg::sick

I felt the same way after mine. I even told the nurse Id rather have for more c-sections than have this agian. i was sick for the anesthesia and had bad gas pain. Im on day 5 now and feel pretty much normal except for a little soreness in the larger cut area. It gets much better

i am pretty much eating anything i want, but i have not had any bread, ice cream or any of the white high carb things. been loving meat and trying to stay away from the high calorie foods

I felt the same way after mine. I even told the nurse Id rather have for more c-sections than have this agian. i was sick for the anesthesia and had bad gas pain. Im on day 5 now and feel pretty much normal except for a little soreness in the larger cut area. It gets much better

I feel really bad for you guys, I'm about 10 hours post op and I feel fabulous. It was a bit painful when I woke up in recovery, but the nurses had me comfortable very quickly and I was back on the ward in no time.

Started with ice and sips of Water straight away, about 2 hours later I was tolerating Water well so they got rid of the IV. Got up to the loo and have spent the rest of the day between, walking around the ward, snoozing, and sip sip sipping. Have my barium swallow shortly then I can start free fluids.

I feel a million dollars and can't get the smile off my face! As the first day of the rest of my new healthy happy life, this day has been the perfect start! :whoo:

Hope you guys are feeling much happier really soon!

Susie

I feel really bad for you guys, I'm about 10 hours post op and I feel fabulous. It was a bit painful when I woke up in recovery, but the nurses had me comfortable very quickly and I was back on the ward in no time.

Started with ice and sips of Water straight away, about 2 hours later I was tolerating Water well so they got rid of the IV. Got up to the loo and have spent the rest of the day between, walking around the ward, snoozing, and sip sip sipping. Have my barium swallow shortly then I can start free fluids.

I feel a million dollars and can't get the smile off my face! As the first day of the rest of my new healthy happy life, this day has been the perfect start! :whoo:

Hope you guys are feeling much happier really soon!

Susie

Susie - glad to hear you're feeling so good and not to burst your bubble but I felt really good on the day of surgery, too. It wasn't until the 2 days after that felt like crap. I really do hope your good feelings continue!

Sue

Susie - glad to hear you're feeling so good and not to burst your bubble but I felt really good on the day of surgery, too. It wasn't until the 2 days after that felt like crap. I really do hope your good feelings continue!

Sue

Sue I wondered if that might happen :cry thanks for the warning! I have been making an effort not to 'overdo' things cause I don't want to fall in a heap ... so your experience is a great reminder for me to take things easy.

Thanks for your good wishes, you're day 4? How are you doing now?

Susie

Congrats to you all!

And Susie, thanks for the upbeat post - I'm still terrified, pretty much of post hospital onwards. Less than a week to go.

I am glad you are on top of the world :cool:

I was banded on Friday 10/12 and am back at work today Mon 10/15. I felt fine after on Friday, then when I woke up Sat I felt like I had been kicked by a horse and then run over by a truck. (the anesthesia had worn off) but with pain meds it was tollerable. I had a 4 hour drive home then. Rested on Sunday, back at work like I said...but feel like I'm in a fog and still a little sore (taking Tylenol liquid). I feel like I have something stuck in my throat. What can that be? I was told by my doc to drink something warm in the AM to open up my pouch, (because mucus builds up overnight) but it doesn't feel like it is working...still have that stuck feeling. I get to start creamy Soup today and can hardly wait to try that...but don't want it stuck in my throat. Okay enough of that:violin:....my insides are making all kinds of sounds too....hope nobody comes in my office this afternoon.

I guess I should say that I've lost 8 lbs since starting the pre-op diet on Sun 10/7. I'll make me a ticker as soon as I can figure that out.

Glad to be on the Band Wagon!:whoo::clap2:

I, too, have the feeling of something always stuck in my throat. I thought it was food backing up, and it may be. However, some other bandsters say that feeling can also be caused by the tube they put down your throat. It exaggerates the feeling of something coming up. Anyway, they promise that feeling will be gone by six weeks post op.

Congrats on the 8 pound weight loss so far!

Sue I wondered if that might happen :cry thanks for the warning! I have been making an effort not to 'overdo' things cause I don't want to fall in a heap ... so your experience is a great reminder for me to take things easy.

Thanks for your good wishes, you're day 4? How are you doing now?

Susie

I'm on day 5 and feel good except that I'm starving! Talked to my doctor at my husband's surgery today and he says that if I'm this hungry the swelling is probably gone down and I can do 2 days of Protein drinks and then start on soft foods. My doctor is very anti-carb, so I'm trying to find out what kind of soft foods I can eat that don't have carbs.