Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before pics *ugh!*

Well, I hate to say, but I did eat ALOT of cottage cheese and yogurt. Atkins shakes were my main staple. Shhh....don't tell Dr. Hamilton, but I substituted one of my fruits for 10 pc. shrimp cocktail most days. I noticed that it had more Protein and less carbs and surgar than the fruit. I would also sometimes do the same thing with a small baked potato. It was seemed better than an apple (carbs and sugar wise). I ate a lot of sugar free ice pops and I kept tract of my calories. He said to keep it under 1000 a day, and most days I was between 750 and 800.

When my husband was doing the diet and started skipping food I thought "When I'm on that diet, I'm going to eat every morsel they allow". However, you get tired of the food so quick, sometimes it seems just as good to go without all together. I know that's not a very positive thing to say, but you'll be surprised how much that won't really bother you. I'm kind of on auto-pilot with this diet. I hoped it worked!

Thanks for the well wishes! Lets hope this diet worked:)

On my pre-op instructions, it didn't say anything about fruit. Can we eat fruit???? That would help so much. I guess I thought that it had to much "sugar" in it. Thanks for the help. Good luck tomorrow. You are in my prayers!

On my pre-op diet sheet it says something like "2 or less servings of fruit juice blah blah blah....or FRUIT". So I took that to mean we could have two or less servings of fruit. I didn't want to waste any calories on juice (enough liquids already) so I went with the fruit.

Ok, I'm off to get banded. Take care!

I just had my husband take my 'before' pictures. I know I will want them later but this was very painful. Poor guy, his eyeballs are probably melting as we speak. Oh well, reality sucks and this princess just got to see some of it. Has anyone had this experience?

*insert big fat pig picture here*..... :cry

I just wanted to say that you are beautiful!

Also I took my before pictures on Tuesday night from all angles; then I made my husband take his before pictures also. Now he is not fat, but I thought it would be fun to see if he loses weight as a result of the house changing our eating habits. Plus the man sees me naked every day, he is always stealing looks, so what did I care if he took pictures of me in a tank top and undies.

Amy,

That is a great idea to take my husband's picture. I hadn't thought of that. I will do that when I get home. (I am in Co. with my daughter.)

Fluffyinks-

It went well. I was extremely sleepy afterward. I don't know why I didn't see that coming. I couldn't keep my eyes open for anything. He said that my liver was the 'best he'd seen', so apparently my tweaking of the diet worked out ok. I was a little worried. Glad it's done!

Good luck with yours! I met another girl on another board who's being banded by Dr. Hamilton on the 15th. Must be a busy day for him.

I usually take 3 sets up pictures. One is a "pre-op" outfit, so I can see how much looser it is. Two is a pre-op/tight current outift. These are the ones I post. Three is completely naked. Actually doesn't bother me for him to take the pics because I like to be naked and walk around naked all the time. But it bothers the $^#% out of me to see how I had let myself get.

I hadn't thought about a tighter outfit, that's a great idea. I haven't taken any pix in a while, I'm a slacker. I promised myself I'd take montly ones. I haven't. I also promised myself I'd take measurements, I haven't. That's the one thing I wish I could go back and change, that I would get the measuring tape out and write them down.

Oh, I am so glad that your's is done. How great for you. I started my liquid diet today. I do not like the Atkins shakes. Just couldn't get it down. I had several sugar free popsicles which were good. Also didn't mind the Carnation Ist. Breakfast. It wasn't too bad today, but I'm sure I will get tired of the same stuff too.

Hugs